- [C]正式决定,决议 formal statement of opinion agreed on by a committee or assembly, especially by means of a vote
- [C]决心,决定 decision or mental pledge to or not to do sth
- [U]坚决,坚定,坚毅 quality of being resolute or firm; determination
- [U]解决,解答 solution
- [U]清晰度；分辨率 (a measure of) the power of a scientific instrument to give a clear picture of things that are very small or close together
a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
the ability of a microscope or telescope to measure the angular separation of images that are close together
the trait of being resolute;
"his resoluteness carried him through the battle"
"it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
finding a solution to a problem
something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making;
"they finally reached a settlement with the union"
"they never did achieve a final resolution of their differences"
"he needed to grieve before he could achieve a sense of closure"
analysis into clear-cut components
(computer science) the number of pixels per square inch on a computer-generated display; the greater the resolution, the better the picture
the subsidence of swelling or other signs of inflammation (especially in a lung)
(music) a dissonant chord is followed by a consonant chord
a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem;
"they were trying to find a peaceful solution"
"the answers were in the back of the book"
"he computed the result to four decimal places"
a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner;
"he always wrote down his New Year's resolutions"
- Nothing can unsettle his resolution.
- Making resolution on new year's day is a custom that still prevail.
- The committee have adopted a resolution to build a park.
- His generosity led to the resolution of all our difficulties.
- We have passed a resolution to build a new laboratory.
- They declared that they responded with resolution to this statement .
- The early experiments were done with low resolution.
- Several new resolutions have been passed in the present parliament.
- The committee have rejected a resolution to build a new library.
- The committee have passed a resolution that conditions (should) be improved.
- I've made a New Year resolution to give up drinking.
- He's always making good resolutions but he never carries them out.
- He is a man lacking in resolution.
- The lawyer's advice led to the resolution of this difficult problem.
- There are satellites that supply high-resolution photography.
- adopt〔carry, pass〕 a resolution 通过决议
- come to〔form, make, reach, take〕 a resolution 下决心
- draft a resolution 起草决议
- kill a resolution 否定决议
- offer〔present, propose〕 resolution 提出决议
The resolution of justice into two unconnected precepts.出自： B. Jowett
He made a resolution to study hard.
句中的to study不可改成of/for studying。
He is still keeping his resolve.
- 表示“坚决性”时，多用resolution。如good resolutions和a new year's resolution；
- ☆ 16世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的resolutionem，意为将事物分析为更简单的形式。