- v. 对待；视为；探讨；治疗；处理；请客
- n. 款待；宴飨
- [S]乐事,乐趣 thing that gives great pleasure, especially sth unexpected or not always available
- [C]款待,招待 act of treating sb to sth
- vt. & vi. 对待; 处理 behave towards; apply a process, in order to change
- vt. 治疗 try to cure medically
something considered choice to eat
an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
interact in a certain way;
"Do right by her"
"Treat him with caution, please"
"Handle the press reporters gently"
subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition;
"treat the water so it can be drunk"
"treat the lawn with chemicals"
"treat an oil spill"
provide treatment for;
"The doctor treated my broken leg"
"The nurses cared for the bomb victims"
"The patient must be treated right away or she will die"
"Treat the infection with antibiotics"
act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression;
"This book deals with incest"
"The course covered all of Western Civilization"
"The new book treats the history of China"
provide with a gift or entertainment;
"Grandmother always treated us to the circus"
"I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed"
provide with choice or abundant food or drink;
"Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"
"She treated her houseguests with good food every night"
engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement;
"they had to treat with the King"
regard or consider in a specific way;
"I treated his advances as a joke"
- We should treat people and animals with humanity.
- Do not treat a naughty child rough.
- I decided to treat his remark as a joke.
- Do not treat me as if I were a child .
- The documentary treated the question in some detail.
- This boy is being treated for a heart condition.
- You ought to treat these matter with candor.
- This delicate glass must be treated with care.
- It is my turn to treat us today .
- A treat has been arranged for the old folk.
- Her enthusiastic treat made us very happy.
- What a treat to get into the peace and quiet of the country!
- Smoked salmon—what a treat!
- Her son's visits are a great treat for her.
- It is a treat to meet you here.
- His treat is to give us ticket for a new film.
- This is my treat.
- She was cooking fish as a treat.
- My father took me to the circus as a treat.
- I'll treat today.
- The next chapter will treat about this question.
- He treated me all right.
- Please treat the matter seriously.
- Don't treat me like a child.
- They treat their workers like dirt.
- They treated her as roughly as they treated their slaves.
- I decided to treat myself to a taxi.
- I'll treat you all.
- He treated himself to a Sunday afternoon excursion.
- The article treated various aspects of the political scene.
- He treats the subject scientifically in the following chapter.
- The documentary treated the question in some detail.
- Which doctor is treating you for this trouble?
- Royal jelly is effective in treating nervous exhaustion.
- Our tincture of tiger bone is used in treating arthritis and rheumatism.
- They can treat most of the common diseases.
- How would you treat a sprained ankle?
- They treated wet land by draining and sunning the fields.
- They were cruelly treated.
- The problem has been treated by a number of experts.
- The subject has been treated in the previous chapter.
- The children were treated to movies on June 1.
- Never had they been treated to such a performance before.
- We were treated to the unusual sight of the Prime Minister singing on TV.
- We made arrangements for her to be treated by a famous doctor.
- He treated me as a child.
- He treated money as having little value.
- I was treated as a distinguished guest.
- Now they wear rubber fingers treated with lactic acid.
- They used strings previously treated with powdered glass.
- treat of (v.+prep.)
论及,涉及 take as subject of discourse, discussion, etc.
treat of sth
This book treats of new trends in surgery.
The Medical Journal treats of the progress of medicine.《
The essay treats of the acquisition of language.
This lecture treats of the period of the first revolutionary civil war.
The third volume treats of modern literature.
- treat with (v.+prep.)
用防护措施处理某物 apply a process or a substance to sth to protect it, preserve it, etc.
treat sb with sth
They treated us with friendliness.
We treated them with leniency.
He treated me with indifference.
We were treated with respect.
This was the first time I had been treated with such respect.
我是第一次受到这样的礼遇。treat with sb
We have treated with the three biggest firms in London.
If we are to treat with you, it must be on equal terms.
如果要我们和你们谈判,双方必须处于平等地位。treat sth with sth
They treat their seeds with a fungicide to combat seedling diseases.
New timber should be treated with a preservative.
- afford a treat 款待
- enjoy a treat 得到满足
- extend a treat 请客
- give oneself a treat 让自己享受一下
- have a picnic excursion treat 享受野餐远足的乐趣
- indulge in a treat 纵情款待
- luxuriate in a treat 尽情享受乐趣
- offer a treat 款待
- procure a treat 设法获得乐趣
- provide enjoyable treat 提供愉快的款待
- rejoice in a treat 为请客而高兴
- relish a treat 津津有味地享受乐趣
- revel in a treat 好请客
- stand treat 做东
- welcome a treat 欢迎请客
- yieldtreat 同意请客
- delightful treat 乐事
- Dutch treat 自己付钱的聚餐或娱乐
- great treat 很大乐趣
- optical treat 视觉的乐趣
- pleasant treat 一件乐事
- popular treat 流行的趣事
- real treat 真正的乐趣
- splendid treat 极好的娱乐
- treat arthritis and rheumatism 治疗关节炎和风湿
- treat economic development 探讨经济发展
- treat nervous exhaustion 治疗神经衰弱
- treat the common diseases 治疗常见病
- treat the subject 论述这个问题
- treat wet land 治理湿地
- treat cruelly 残酷地对待
- treat exhaustively 详尽透彻地论述
- treat fairly 公正对待
- treat fully 充分论述
- treat harshly 苛刻地对待
- treat impartially 公正地对待
- treat indulgently 放纵地对待
- treat realistically 现实地探讨
- treat romantically 以浪漫派手法雕刻
- treat roughly 粗暴对待
- treat seriously 认真对待
- treat specially 特殊处理
- treat successfully 成功地治愈
- treat unfairly 不公正对待
- treat warmly 热情款待
- treat well 待人很好
- treat about a question 谈论问题
- treat sb as equals 平等待人,平等相处
- treat sb as honored guests 把…看作贵宾
- treat sb for a cold 替某人治感冒
- treat sb like one's own brother 待…像亲兄弟一样
- treat of economic problems 论述经济问题
- treat of the history 讲述历史
- treat sb to a dinner 请某人吃饭
- treat sb with a new drug 用一种新药治病
- treat sb with kindness 仁慈地对待某人
A Christmas treat for the village children in the village hall.出自： S. Hood
They began to treat with Marcellus for the surrender of Syracuse.出自： T. Arnold
- treat的基本意思是“以某种态度对待某人〔某事物〕”。引申为“款待”“请客”“处置”“谈判”“讨论”“医治”。作“医治”解时,可说treat sth,也可说treat sb for sth。
- treat, treat of
- treat, deal with, dispose of, manage, transact
- manage指人凭借知识、才能和经验等将某行业、部门或某一方面事务处理好,它强调的是有技术地控制人或处理事,以期得到好的结果,含有“成功”之义; treat用于人时,含有以何种态度或方式对待之义,用于物时,专指用某种化学物质处理某物; transact是正式用语,主要用于商业、生意中的协商、谈判,以达成一致; deal with中的deal用作不及物动词,是普通用语,应用广泛,用于人时意为“交往,对待”,用于问题、困难等具体事物的时候,意为“处理,应付,论及”,含有亲自处理的意思; dispose of是正式用语,含有通过法律或正当途径对某事进行妥善处理之意。例如:
- He managed to get the work done with very little help.在没有多少帮助的情况下,他把工作完成了。
- He treated me as a child.他把我当小孩子看待。
- New timber should be treated with a preservative.新采的圆木应进行防腐处理。
- He transacted most of his business by phone.他大部分生意是通过电话处理的。
- I can't deal with this problem; can you manage it?这个问题我处理不了,你能处理吗?
- They empowered him to dispose of the farm's property and funds.他们授权他处理农场的财产和资金。
误 She treated her guests with fruit.
正 She treated her guests to fruit.
析 “用…招待某人”英语应该说treat sb to sth。医生在为她治疗心脏病。
误 The doctor was treating her with heart trouble.
正 The doctor was treating her for heart trouble.
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的traitier，意为对付；最初源自拉丁语的tractare，意为处理。