written matter that is recited from memory
a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance;
"the program included songs and recitations of well-loved poems"
a regularly scheduled session as part of a course of study
systematic training by multiple repetitions;
"practice makes perfect"
- The boy stumbled through his recitation.
- The child's recitation of the text was letter-perfect.
- She continued her recitation of the week's events.
- His recitation was almost expressionless.
- His recitation was cadenced and rich in feeling.
- When he finished his recitation , there was a spatter of applause.
The daily recitation of the breviary.出自： A. Kenny
Kathleen also entertained the girls with songs and recitations at concerts.出自： G. Boddy