- [U]阅读,读书 the act or practice of reading
- [U]读物,选读 matter of the stated type to be read
- [C]读数,仪表指示数 a figure shown by a measuring instrument
- [C](对事件等的)解释,判断 interpretation of sth
the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message;
"his main reading was detective stories"
"suggestions for further reading"
a particular interpretation or performance;
"on that reading it was an insult"
"he was famous for his reading of Mozart"
a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument;
"he could not believe the meter reading"
"the barometer gave clear indications of an approaching storm"
written material intended to be read;
"the teacher assigned new readings"
"he bought some reading material at the airport"
a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
a city on the River Thames in Berkshire in southern England
a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance;
"the program included songs and recitations of well-loved poems"
the act of measuring with meters or similar instruments;
"he has a job meter reading for the gas company"
- He spent all his time reading.
- I have benefited a lot from extensive reading.
- That book is not healthy reading for a child.
- I took some light reading for the train journey.
- The readings on my thermometer last month were well above the average.
- He agreed with the plurality opinion's reading of the statute.
- Children learn reading and writing at school.
- Readings from the author have a simple vocabulary.
- This book is a good reading for children.
- She is a woman of wide reading.
- What is the temperature reading for that moment?
- assigned readings 指定的阅读作业
- dull reading 读起来枯燥
- extensive〔intensive〕 reading 泛〔精〕读
- vast〔wide〕 reading 博览群书
- teacher's reading 教师的看法
I did some reading..at the British Museum.出自： R. L. Boyer
It was wholly misunderstood by my reading public.出自： J. London