- adj. 快的；迅速的；紧的；牢固的；放荡的
- adv. 快速地；紧紧地；放荡地；深深地
- n. 斋戒；禁食；系泊用具
- v. 斋戒；禁食
- 快的,迅速的 a person or thing that can move quickly
- 快,迅速地 quickly
- 紧紧地,牢固地 fixed; not easy to move
abstaining from food
acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly;
"on the fast track in school"
"set a fast pace"
"a fast car"
(used of timepieces) indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time;
"my watch is fast"
at a rapid tempo;
"the band played a fast fox trot"
(of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds;
"a fast road"
"grass courts are faster than clay"
resistant to destruction or fading;
unrestrained by convention or morality;
"Congreve draws a debauched aristocratic society"
"deplorably dissipated and degraded"
hurried and brief;
"paid a flying visit"
"took a flying glance at the book"
"a quick inspection"
"a fast visit"
securely fixed in place;
"the post was still firm after being hit by the car"
unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause;
"a firm ally"
"the true-hearted soldier...of Tippecanoe"
(of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time;
"a fast lens"
quickly or rapidly (often used as a combining form);
"how fast can he get here?"
"ran as fast as he could"
"needs medical help fast"
"fast-opening (or fast-closing) shutters"
firmly or closely;
"held fast to the rope"
"her foot was stuck fast"
abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons;
"Catholics sometimes fast during Lent"
abstain from eating;
"Before the medical exam, you must fast"
- I like fast music.
- The star was whipped into a fast car and driven off.
- The post is fast in the ground.
- He led a fast life.
- He ran fast enough to catch the thief.
- Bind the rope fast lest it should come loose.
- He is living too fast for his health.
- The boat was stuck fast in the mud.
- The priest had only water and bread during his three week fast.
- So the meal that breaks your fast should be healthy and wholesome.
- They have to fast from dawn to dusk.
- Before the medical exam, you must fast.
- The fast game of tennis soon exhausted the two players.
- They went by fast train.
- He was such a fast talker that nobody could understand him.
- She was a fast weaver and the cloth was very good.
- He is my fast friend.
- Gradually they became fast friends.
- We dyed the cloth with a fast colour.
- The label says this shirt is colour fast.
- It is five minutes fast.
- My watch is three hours fast.
- Is the window fast?
- The roots of the tree are fast in the ground.
- The colours are bright and fast.
- The colours aren't fast, so be careful when you wash these towels.
- If the colours are fast, you can wash the shirt in hot water.
- I'm early—my watch must be fast.
- He was running so fast that he couldn't stop himself.
- The coach directed them to run faster.
- He whipped the horse to make it go faster.
- My father is rather elderly now and can't walk very fast.
- The train was now going faster and faster.
- Driving very fast on a rainy night is not consistent with safety.
- I couldn't go any faster, even though the car behind was gaining on us.
- A car needs a lot of power to go fast.
- He went on talking for a long time, but he spoke so fast that few of us could catch what he said.
- Don't speak so fast.
- She works very fast,I can't keep pace with her.
- Children learn faster than adults.
- His boots were frozen fast to his feet and would not come off.
- He lugged the horse right up to the tree and tied it fast to its trunk.
- The boy was fast asleep before the bedtime story was finished.
- It rained thick and fast.
- It was raining fast.
- hold fast to
坚持(某种思想或原则等) continue to believe in (an idea, a principle, etc.)
- fast bus 疾驶的公共汽车
- fast car 疾驶的小汽车
- fast colour 经久不变的颜色
- fast food 快餐食品
- fast friend 可靠的朋友
- fast grip 紧紧抓住
- fast highway 快车道
- fast life 放荡的生活
- fast lunch 快餐
- fast music 节奏快的音乐
- fast reading 快速阅读
- fast river 水流急的河
- fast rules 严格的规则
- fast train 快车
- fast trip 短期旅行
- fast troop 快速部队
- fast way 捷径
- fast woman 放荡的女人
- fast worker 动作快的工人
She kept the yearly fast and went to the synagogue.出自： H. Segal
A remarkably fast sleeper.出自： R. Macaulay
The girl sat very insecurely, clinging fast.出自： D. H. Lawrence
- fast可与介词连用,如by, in等。
- fast, hasty, quick, rapid, sudden, swift
- 1.quick指运动动作发生或完成的迅速、敏捷,强调的是单一动作的突然性或短暂性,也指才智和反应的敏捷和灵敏; swift意为“快”或“突然发生”,所指的运动速度最高,同时强调运动的平稳潇洒和轻捷、不费力气等,有时带文学色彩,为较正式的用语; fast多指运动的物体,位置移动的迅速,强调物体运动的方式; rapid是正式用语,多指运动本身,强调运动的高速度,所指的速度有时有“对人有益”的含义,常常可与fast互换使用,但语气比fast强; hasty指“草率,匆忙”; sudden则指“突然”。
- 2.swift, fast和rapid一般都指运动的速度,通常动作都有持续性和连续性。hasty一般都不指运动的速度。例如:
- He gave me a quick response to my question.他对我的问题给出了迅速的回答。
- The swift fading of autumn into winter.秋色迅速退去,随而进入冬天。
- The fast train was exchanged for a local one.快车被换成了慢车。
- He made such rapid progress that his parents were very glad.他取得了如此快的进步,以至于他的父母都很高兴。
- She's too hasty—if she would only think before speaking she wouldn't have so much trouble.她太性急了,要是她讲话之前多考虑一下,就不会有那么多麻烦了。
- A sudden clap of thunder woke me.一阵突然的雷声把我惊醒了。
- fast, quickly, soon
- soon强调的是预期的时刻不久就会到来, fast和quickly强调的是动作进行的速度快。例如:
- Their population is growing fast.他们的人口增长得很快。
- Come quickly, he's drowning!快来,他溺水了。
误 You're very quick, aren't you?
正 You're very fast, aren't you?
误 Be fast!
正 Be quick!
误 Helen types fastly and efficiently.
正 Helen types fast and efficiently.牢牢地抓住绳子,我会把你拉上来的。
误 Hold fastly to the rope, and I will pull you up.
正 Hold fast to the rope, and I will pull you up.
误 The train was going more and more fast.
正 The train was going faster and faster.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fast，意为紧，迅速。
- tight adv.
- like a flash