- 快的,迅速的 a person or thing that can move quickly
- 快,迅速地 quickly
- 紧紧地,牢固地 fixed; not easy to move
- abstaining from food
- acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly;
"on the fast track in school"
"set a fast pace"
"a fast car"
- (used of timepieces) indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time;
"my watch is fast"
- at a rapid tempo;
"the band played a fast fox trot"
- (of surfaces) conducive to rapid speeds;
"a fast road"
"grass courts are faster than clay"
- resistant to destruction or fading;
- unrestrained by convention or morality;
"Congreve draws a debauched aristocratic society"
"deplorably dissipated and degraded"
- hurried and brief;
"paid a flying visit"
"took a flying glance at the book"
"a quick inspection"
"a fast visit"
- securely fixed in place;
"the post was still firm after being hit by the car"
- unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause;
"a firm ally"
"the true-hearted soldier...of Tippecanoe"
- (of a photographic lens or emulsion) causing a shortening of exposure time;
"a fast lens"
- quickly or rapidly (often used as a combining form);
"how fast can he get here?"
"ran as fast as he could"
"needs medical help fast"
"fast-opening (or fast-closing) shutters"
- firmly or closely;
"held fast to the rope"
"her foot was stuck fast"
- abstain from certain foods, as for religious or medical reasons;
"Catholics sometimes fast during Lent"
- abstain from eating;
"Before the medical exam, you must fast"
- I like fast music.
- The star was whipped into a fast car and driven off.
- The post is fast in the ground.
- He led a fast life.
- He ran fast enough to catch the thief.
- Bind the rope fast lest it should come loose.
- He is living too fast for his health.
- The boat was stuck fast in the mud.
- The priest had only water and bread during his three week fast.
- So the meal that breaks your fast should be healthy and wholesome.
- They have to fast from dawn to dusk.
- Before the medical exam, you must fast.
The fast game of tennis soon exhausted the two players.
They went by fast train.
He was such a fast talker that nobody could understand him.
She was a fast weaver and the cloth was very good.
He is my fast friend.
Gradually they became fast friends.
We dyed the cloth with a fast colour.
The label says this shirt is colour fast.
It is five minutes fast.
My watch is three hours fast.
Is the window fast?
The roots of the tree are fast in the ground.
The colours are bright and fast.
The colours aren't fast, so be careful when you wash these towels.
If the colours are fast, you can wash the shirt in hot water.
I'm early—my watch must be fast.
He was running so fast that he couldn't stop himself.
The coach directed them to run faster.
He whipped the horse to make it go faster.
My father is rather elderly now and can't walk very fast.
The train was now going faster and faster.
Driving very fast on a rainy night is not consistent with safety.
I couldn't go any faster, even though the car behind was gaining on us.
A car needs a lot of power to go fast.
He went on talking for a long time, but he spoke so fast that few of us could catch what he said.
Don't speak so fast.
She works very fast,I can't keep pace with her.
Children learn faster than adults.
His boots were frozen fast to his feet and would not come off.
He lugged the horse right up to the tree and tied it fast to its trunk.
The boy was fast asleep before the bedtime story was finished.
It rained thick and fast.
It was raining fast.
- hold fast to
紧紧抓住 catch sth firmly
Hold fast to the rope, and I will put you up. 抓紧绳子,我把你拉上来。
They held fast to the brake handle on the drilling rig. 他们紧紧握住钻井机制动器的手柄。
Before the enemies lay down their arms, we must hold fast to our guns. 在敌人放下武器以前,我们必须紧握手中枪。
坚持(某种思想或原则等) continue to believe in (an idea, a principle, etc.)
He holds fast to climbing the hill. 他坚持爬山。
- 紧紧抓住 catch sth firmly
- fast bus 疾驶的公共汽车
- fast car 疾驶的小汽车
- fast colour 经久不变的颜色
- fast food 快餐食品
- fast friend 可靠的朋友
- fast grip 紧紧抓住
- fast highway 快车道
- fast life 放荡的生活
- fast lunch 快餐
- fast music 节奏快的音乐
- fast reading 快速阅读
- fast river 水流急的河
- fast rules 严格的规则
- fast train 快车
- fast trip 短期旅行
- fast troop 快速部队
- fast way 捷径
- fast woman 放荡的女人
- fast worker 动作快的工人
She kept the yearly fast and went to the synagogue.出自：H. Segal
A remarkably fast sleeper.出自：R. Macaulay
The girl sat very insecurely, clinging fast.出自：D. H. Lawrence
- fast可与介词连用,如by, in等。
- fast, hasty, quick, rapid, sudden, swift
这组词的共同意思是“快的,迅速的”。其区别是：1.quick指运动动作发生或完成的迅速、敏捷,强调的是单一动作的突然性或短暂性,也指才智和反应的敏捷和灵敏; swift意为“快”或“突然发生”,所指的运动速度最高,同时强调运动的平稳潇洒和轻捷、不费力气等,有时带文学色彩,为较正式的用语; fast多指运动的物体,位置移动的迅速,强调物体运动的方式; rapid是正式用语,多指运动本身,强调运动的高速度,所指的速度有时有“对人有益”的含义,常常可与fast互换使用,但语气比fast强; hasty指“草率,匆忙”; sudden则指“突然”。2.swift, fast和rapid一般都指运动的速度,通常动作都有持续性和连续性。hasty一般都不指运动的速度。例如:He gave me a quick response to my question.他对我的问题给出了迅速的回答。The swift fading of autumn into winter.秋色迅速退去,随而进入冬天。The fast train was exchanged for a local one.快车被换成了慢车。He made such rapid progress that his parents were very glad.他取得了如此快的进步,以至于他的父母都很高兴。She's too hasty—if she would only think before speaking she wouldn't have so much trouble.她太性急了,要是她讲话之前多考虑一下,就不会有那么多麻烦了。A sudden clap of thunder woke me.一阵突然的雷声把我惊醒了。
- fast, quickly, soon
这三个词都可表示“很快”。其区别是：soon强调的是预期的时刻不久就会到来, fast和quickly强调的是动作进行的速度快。例如:Their population is growing fast.他们的人口增长得很快。Come quickly, he's drowning!快来,他溺水了。
误 You're very quick, aren't you?
正 You're very fast, aren't you?
误 Be fast!
正 Be quick!
误 Helen types fastly and efficiently.
正 Helen types fast and efficiently.
误 Hold fastly to the rope, and I will pull you up.
正 Hold fast to the rope, and I will pull you up.
误 The train was going more and more fast.
正 The train was going faster and faster.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fsat，意为紧，迅速。
- adj.(形容词) quick rapid secure solid speedy swift tight
- adv.(副词) firmly like a flash quickly rapidly securely speedily swiftly tightly
- fast:解释 fast【fB:st】adj.紧的, 牢的, 忠实的, 快速的, 耐久的, 紧的adv.牢固地, 很快地, 紧紧地, 彻底地n.禁食, 绝食, 斋戒vi.绝食, 斋戒FAST=Facility…