- 机灵的,精明的 having or showing good judgement and common sense
marked by practical hardheaded intelligence;
"a smart businessman"
"an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"
"he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow"
used of persons;
"the most calculating and selfish men in the community"
- Her brother is a shrewd businessman.
- It was a shrewd assessment and probably pretty close to the truth.
- He's an artist, a scientist and a shrewd businessman (all) rolled into one.
- His skill in negotiating earned him a reputation as a shrewd tactician.
- His shrewd eyes looked across at his wife.
- The question was a quick, shrewd parry.
- He is a shrewd businessman.
- His answer to the journalist is a shrewd one.
- Though still in his teens,Tom is shrewd at a bargain.
- He's too shrewd to be trusted in business matters.
A shrewd business, and a dangerous.出自： T. Middleton
- shrewd, bright, clever, intelligent, smart, wise
- 1.bright一般指年轻人,尤指小孩的聪明、机警; wise指“有智慧的”“英明的”“有头脑的”; smart指“头脑敏捷的”“精明老练的”,常指思维能力很强,办事巧妙,能圆滑地处理人际关系等,有时也带有表面的或肤浅的色彩; clever指“聪明的”“伶俐的”“能干的”,尤指很有理解或学习能力的; shrewd指“机灵的”“敏锐的”“精明的”,表示谙于世故,对事物浅尝辄止,遇事老谋深算,从不忽略个人私利; intelligent指某人是“聪明的”“智力好的”,善于作出正确的判断。例如:
- In some schools, the bright pupils tutor the dull ones.在一些学校里,一些聪明的学生辅导迟钝的学生。
- She was wise to their scheme.她了解他们的诡计。
- He is so smart that he will jump at the chance.他这个人很有头脑,不会错过这个机会的。
- Jack is a clever student.杰克是个聪明伶俐的学生。
- I think you've made a shrewd investment there.我认为你在那方面的投资极为聪明。
- Elephants are intelligent animals.象是聪明的动物。
- 2.bright强调反应快; wise强调有判断力的、能明辨是非的; intelligent强调思维清楚、理解力强。例如:
- Tom is a bright scholar in the class.汤姆在班上是个聪明的学生。
- It is wise to keep out of debt.不借债是明智的。
- He was intelligent enough to understand my question from the gestures I made.他很聪明,从我的手势就明白了我的问题。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的schrewed，意为咒骂。