- 把（大批资金）投入， 大量投资于
- [C]犁 a farming tool with a heavy cutting blade for breaking up and turning over the earth in fields, especially so that seeds can be planted
- vt. & vi. 用犁耕田; 耕 turn over the earth with a plough
- vt. & vi. 开路; 破浪前进; 艰苦前进 force a way or make a track
a group of seven bright stars in the constellation Ursa Major
a farm tool having one or more heavy blades to break the soil and cut a furrow prior to sowing
move in a way resembling that of a plow cutting into or going through the soil;
"The ship plowed through the water"
to break and turn over earth especially with a plow;
"Farmer Jones plowed his east field last week"
"turn the earth in the Spring"
- Peasants can only plough the land plot by plot.
- The ground was ploughed and planted with corn.
- We have to plough out the weeds.
- The tractors will plough on throughout the night.
- They began to plough around among the delegations.
- We ploughed our way through the crowd.
- The farmer is at the plough.
- He has a very large acreage under the plough.
- After a really big snow last night,we had to use ploughs to clear up the snow on the road this morning.
- Ploughs are pulled by tractors, or in some countries by oxen.
- He that by the plough would thrive himself must either hold or drive.
- All were busily engaged, men at their ploughs, women at their looms.
- He decided to follow plough, and his younger brother to follow the sea.
- He has a very large acreage under the plough.
- We possess ten acres of plough.
- The farmer ploughed all day.
- Farmers plough in autumn or spring.
- After they had got in the wheat, they set about ploughing.
- The field ploughs well after the rain.
- Hard earth doesn't plough well.
- The great ship ploughed across the ocean.
- The wrinkles ploughed in her face by time.
- The farmer ploughed the field before he planted the corn.
- Our gunboats are ploughing the waves.
- I ploughed my finals.
- put〔set〕 one's hand to the plough
着手工作 begin to work
- plough back (v.+adv.)
用…再投资 return (money earned) into a business so as to increase it
- plough in (v.+adv.)
犁入土中 bury; mix (sth such as the remains of a crop or chemical) with the earth with a plough
plough sth ⇔ in
After the wheat crop has been gathered, many farmers burn the remains and plough the ash in, so as to enrich the soil.
- plough into (v.+prep.)
对…进行投资 invest in sth again
plough sth into sth
After the wheat crop has been gathered, many farmers burn the remains and plough the ash into the soil, so as to enrich the soil.
The stalks are left to be ploughed into the earth for the next planting.
作物的秆被留着以便犁入土中作下次播种的肥料。plough into sth
He ploughed into his work and finished it in a few hours.
If I really plough into my studies now,I should be ready for the examination.
假如从现在起我要是真正地用功学习的话,就可以为考试做好准备。plough into sb/sth
The car went out of control and ploughed into the side of a bus.
The van's brakes failed, and it ploughed into a crowd of people.
运货车的刹车失灵,一下子冲入人群。plough sth into sth
In the last ten years Imperial Oil had ploughed a billion dollars into the Canadian economy.
The huge sums of money which were ploughed into the project soon began to pay off.
- plough on (v.+adv.)
坚持不懈 continue or advance with determination
- plough out (v.+adv.)
用犁犁出 uncover (sth buried) with a plough
plough sth ⇔ out
Halfway across the field, the farmer ploughed out some very large stones which nearly broke his machine.
- plough through (v.+prep.)
艰难前进 force a way
plough through sth
We've ploughed through all the documents that can possibly have a bearing on this case.
我们已费力地查阅了可能与此案有关的一切文件。plough through sth
The ship ploughed through the sea toward port.
那艘船在海里破浪前进,驶向港口。plough one's way through sb/sth
The prospecting team ploughed their way through the snow.
We ploughed our way through the crowd in front of the theater.
- plough under (v.+adv.)
- plough up (v.+adv.)
用犁翻土,像犁那样翻(地) turn over the earth in (an area such as a field) with or as with a plough
- plough annually 每年一次地犁耕
- plough deeply 深深地犁耕
- plough discreetly 小心地犁耕
- plough extensively 广泛地犁耕
- plough incessantly 不断地犁耕
- plough laboriously 努力地犁耕
- plough particularly 特殊地犁耕
- plough purposefully 有目的地犁耕
- plough quickly 快速地破浪前进
- plough back 把…再投资
- plough down 犁倒,把…犁入土中
- plough in 用犁翻入土中
- plough out 用犁翻出
- plough out weeds 犁掉杂草
- plough under 用犁将某物埋入土中
- plough up ground 翻耕
- plough up roots 用犁翻根
Ecclesiastical revenues which..contained eighteen thousand four hundred ploughs of land.出自： D. Hume
As much land as a yoke of oxen could plough in one day.出自： H. Hunter
The ground beneath the trees had been ploughed up for potatoes.出自： P. Fitzgerald
- ☆ 直接源自晚期古英语的ploh，意为犁地。
- till 直到 ... 为止...
- cultivate 栽培
- work 工作
- turn over 滚动
- furrow 犁沟
- harrow 耙
- rake 耙子
- dig 挖
- hoe 锄头
- lunge 刺
- plunge 使投入
- rib 肋骨
- lister 桨状锹两侧式耕耘机...
- DISC 唱片
- farm 农场
- rototill 用旋耕机耕(地)...
- turn 翻转
- break ground 挖掘
- dig up 挖出
- up 向上
- ground 地面
- over 在 ... 的上方...
- break 打碎
- plow 犁
- dipper 长柄勺
- Big dipper 北斗七星
- Charles's Wain 北斗七星(=Big Di...
- wain 运货马车