- [C]肋骨 one of the curved bones extending from the backbone to the chest
- [C]肋骨状的东西; 骨架 a curved piece of wood, metal, etc. used for forming or strengthening a frame
support resembling the rib of an animal
any of the 12 pairs of curved arches of bone extending from the spine to or toward the sternum in humans (and similar bones in most vertebrates)
cut of meat including one or more ribs
a teasing remark
a riblike supporting or strengthening part of an animal or plant
a projecting molding on the underside of a vault or ceiling; may be ornamental or structural
form vertical ribs by knitting;
"A ribbed sweater"
subject to laughter or ridicule;
"The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"
"The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"
"His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
- How many ribs does a man have?
- He broke a rib when he fell off his horse.
- God used this rib to make a woman.
- He has broken a rib and the doctor has strapped it up.
- The rib is our most popular dish. The steak is good too.
- He broke a rib when he fell off his bicycle.
- He suffered three cracked ribs in the accident.
- The ribs of the umbrella are strong.
The path was ribbed by moon, thinly and at..intervals.出自： C. Morgan