- [C]请愿，请求 an urgent request
- [C]抗辩，抗诉 statement made by or for a person charged in a law court
a humble request for help from someone in authority
(law) a defendant's answer by a factual matter (as distinguished from a demurrer)
an answer indicating why a suit should be dismissed
- The prisoner made a plea for mercy.
- She made an impassioned plea for justice.
- In making that plea he will breathe in vain.
- The thief entered a plea of not guilty.
- It's expected Huckaby will enter a plea later this month.
- The accused entered a plea of "not guilty".
- He was absent under the plea of illness.
- Your plea of old age is only a pretence.
- He did not attend the dinner; his plea was that he was too busy to come.
- They made no plea for relief.
- The defense lawyer made an eloquent plea for his client's acquittal.
A plea between two country esquires about a barren acre.出自： J. Arbuthnot