- n. 请求；要求
- vt. 请求；要求
- vt. 请求,要求 ask (for) especially politely; make a request (for)
- [C]要求,请求 an act of asking for sth, especially politely
- [C]所请求的事物 sth that has been asked for
a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
the verbal act of requesting
express the need or desire for; ask for;
"She requested an extra bed in her room"
"She called for room service"
ask (a person) to do something;
"She asked him to be here at noon"
"I requested that she type the entire manuscript"
inquire for (information);
"I requested information from the secretary"
- I will oblige any sincere request.
- His answer to my request was a negative.
- Your request will be dealt with in due course.
- I bought it at your request.
- We request you to deduct our commission from the invoice.
- They request that a delegation be sent to their country.
- They requested financial support.
- I requested him to come before ten.
- The Brigadier requests your presence.
- They requested his presence at the reception.
- May I request your attention?
- They could photograph almost anything here without requesting permission.
- He requested her hand in marriage.
- The schoolmaster requested a meeting at nine o'clock in the morning.
- The presence of all members is requested.
- Your presence is cordially requested.
- The boy requested to go boating with his schoolmates.
- I request to be informed of the current situation.
- He requested to be transferred to another post.
- They requested that we should not park our car here.
- The workers requested that their working conditions should be further improved.
- They had requested that we should bring our families along.
- We request that every inch of land should be cultivated.
- The members of board of directors requested that the chairman of the board should reconsider his decision.
- He requested that they should come early.
- The chairman requested that we should each make a contribution.
- They requested that we should send a delegation to their country.
- I requested that the error would be corrected.
- The workers requested that the foreign visitors should have lunch with them.
- He requested that the Premier grant him an interview.
- We requested that they immediately make an investigation of the matter.
- He requested that he be permitted to attend the party.
- He had requested that he be allowed to attend school outside.
- They had requested that the work be finished at once.
- It is requested that no one should touch the exhibits.
- It is requested that Mary should stay with us for the weekend.
- It was requested that a lecture should be given.
- It is requested that a vote be taken.
- The letter requested the whole family to leave the house as early as possible.
- I request him to remain.
- He requested his guests to sit down.
- I requested them to stop making such a noise.
- They often request us to solve their problems.
- He requested the old man to look after the child.
- They formally requested me to attend the opening ceremony.
- I request you to give us a definite answer as soon as possible.
- They formally requested him to visit China.
- Our governor requested the Assembly to furnish proper gifts to be presented to the Indians.
- We are requested not to walk on the grass.
- Visitors are requested not to touch the exhibits.
- Visitors are requested not to pick the flowers.
- The professor was requested to attend the meeting.
- Your presence is requested at banquet to be given at the Friendship Hotel at 7：30 p.m. of March 2.
- The public are requested not to throw waste paper about in the park.
- It is my last request.I shall never ask you anything again.
- I cannot grant your request.
- I can never assent to such a request.
- He seemed disappointed when the man refused his request.
- “Would” can express a polite request. would
- He couched his request in very polite terms.
- These lectures have been published in books in response to numerous requests.
- A threat is couched under his request.
- I have two requests to make of you.
- She made repeated requests that I should help him.
- We submitted a request that more lights (should) be installed on our street.
- You should have your request.
- All my requests were granted.
- request from (v.+prep.)
向…请求,要求 demand politely from
request sth from sb
They requested another song from Susan.
We requested some information from them.
He requested help from the librarian to find the book he wanted.
He eagerly requested loan from the bank.
- request of (v.+prep.)
要求于(某人),请求(某人) make a request
request sth of sb/sth
I have a favor to request of you.
May I request a favour of you?
I have to request permission of her parents.
We request the honour of your company.
They requested the pleasure of him in company at tea the following afternoon.
We request the favour of a reply at your earliest convenience.
请方便时尽早给予答复。request of sb that-clause
I requested of him that he should go away.
The teaching staff requested of the headmaster that he should reconsider his decision.
- a/the request for
…的要求 a/the demand for sth; the request from sb
- at sb's request
应…之请求; 鉴于…之请求 because of sb's wish
- at the request of
应…之请求; 鉴于…之请求 because of sb's wish
- by request (of〔from〕)
应…的请求,经…之请求 in response to a request (from sb)
- in request
为人们所需要,受欢迎 being needed by people; being welcomed
- on〔upon〕 request
一经要求 when asked for
- play (sb's) request
播放(某人)点播的节目 broadcast the programme which sb asked for
- request eagerly 迫切要求
- request earnestly 恳求
- request formally 正式邀请
- request immediately 立即请求
- request insistently 一再要求
- request particularly 特别要求
- request politely 有礼貌地请求
- request reasonably 合理地请求
- request reluctantly 不情愿地请求
- advance a request 提出要求
- comply with a request 按要求做,符合要求
- decline a request 驳回要求,拒绝要求
- deny a request 驳回要求,否认要求
- file a request 提出申请
- fulfill a request 满足要求,达到要求
- give a request 提出要求
- have three requests 三点请求
- honor request 重视要求
- make a request 提出要求
- refuse a request 回绝要求
- reject a request 驳回申请
- formal request 正式请求
- informal request 非正式请求
- insistent request 一再要求
- moderate request 适当的要求
- popular request 一致要求
- reasonable request 合理的要求
- special request 特殊的要求
- unofficial request 非官方的要求
- unreasonable request 不合理的要求
- urgent request 急迫的要求
- written request 书面请求
- request stop (公共汽车的)招呼站
- at sb's request 应某人的请求
- by request 照要求,应邀
- in request 有必要,受欢迎
- in answer to sb's request 应某人请求
- on〔upon〕 request 提出要求
- upon the request of 根据…的要求
- a request for help 请求帮助
I was bombarded..with..requests to help with jumble sales.出自： V. Brittain
A request for a glass of..fruit juice.出自： E. Crispin
The captain requests..your company at dinner.出自： W. Golding
Drivers were requested to stop.出自： N. F. Dixon
Requesting Martine's permission and receiving it.出自： A. Brookner
- request后不能直接接“人”作简单宾语,但可接“sb+to- v ”构成的复合宾语。
- request用作名词的基本意思是“要求,请求”,可用作可数名词,也可用作不可数名词,常与介词at, by, for, in, on连用构成介词短语。
- request作名词时，后可接for，但作及物动词时，后不可接for。例如a request for assistance和He requested assistance；
We requested them for assistance.
这个句子是错误，正确的可以是We requested assistance from them。
His letter contains a request that his aunt should get a room ready for him.
- request后不可接宾语和that从句，如不可说I requested her that she would help me；
He came at my request.
She supplied him, by request, with all details of the case.
- on/upon request指“一经请求”，一般出现在商业文件里。
- request sth from sb, request sth of sb
- 表示“向某人要某物”时,可用request sth from sb,也可用request sth of sb。用from强调“出处”,而用of时含“所有权”的意味,所以表示从所有者那里要某物时,用of或from均可,而表示从非所有者处要某物,只能用from。
- request, ask, beg, demand, order, require
- 1.从语气上看, beg最弱,有“恳求”的意味,如ask后仍达不到愿望,就要进一步beg了。例如：
- He begged me to excuse him.他乞求我原谅他。
- Visitors are requested not to touch the exhibits.请观众不要抚摸展品。
- The boy asked timidly if he might see the book.那男孩怯生生地问能否看一下这本书。
- He asked curtly for a cup of water.他粗声粗气地要一杯水喝。
- This plan requires secrecy.这计划要求保密。
- The guard demanded his business.警卫查问他来干什么。
- If you make any more noise,I shall order you out of the classroom.你如果再叫,我就命令你从教室里出去。
- 2.从目的上看,这组词都表示要求对方满足自己的某种愿望, ask希望对方能给予肯定的答复,而request则对能否得到肯定的答复把握不大。例如：
- The meeting will take place at 8 o'clock. Your presence is requested.会议将于8时召开,敬请光临。
- 3.从根据上说, demand一般指客观上必要,缺此不可,多来自权威方面。例如：
- The work demands care and patience.这工作需要细心和耐心。
- His health requires that he go to bed earlier.他的健康状况要求他早睡。
- 4.从感情色彩上看, beg含有浓厚的感情色彩,表示“一再要求”。例如：
- The boy begged his mother not to punish him.那孩子要求他妈妈不要惩罚他。
- The father demanded knowledge of what had occurred during his absence from home.父亲要求说明他不在家时究竟发生了什么事。
- This requires great attention in our work.这一点我们在工作中要特别注意。
- 5.从使用场合看, ask使用范围最广; order则多限于军队中或医生对病人。例如：
- The officer ordered that the men should fire the guns.长官命令士兵开火。
- request, application
- application通常指非常正规、供有关部门考虑的书面“申请,请求”; request作“请求,申请”解为常用词,表示一种礼仪和真诚的愿望,但能否得到满足并无把握。
- These yellow socks have been much in re- quest lately.
- These yellow socks have been in great re- quest lately.
误 We requested them for assistance.
正 We requested assistance from them.
正 We requested them to give us assistance.
误 I requested him that he help me.
正 I requested that he should help me.
正 I requested of him that he should help me.
误 He requested that all of us were punctual.
正 He requested that all of us should be punctual.
误 The music was played to her special request.
正 The music was played at her special request.
正 The music was played by her special request.
析 动词dance, play, sing等后接to时表示“在…的伴奏下”,“应…请求”应是at/by...request。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的requeste；最初源自通俗拉丁语的requsita，意为请求。