- n. 收成；收获；收割；成果；后果
- v. 收获；收割
- [C]收割,收获 cutting and gathering of grain and other food crops
- [C][U]收获季节,收获期 season when this is done
- [C]收成,收获量 (amount of) crop obtained
- [S]结果 consequences of any action
the yield from plants in a single growing season
the consequence of an effort or activity;
"they gathered a harvest of examples"
"a harvest of love"
the gathering of a ripened crop
the season for gathering crops
gather, as of natural products;
"harvest the grapes"
remove from a culture or a living or dead body, as for the purposes of transplantation;
"The Chinese are said to harvest organs from executed criminals"
- It happened that the harvest was bad in 1988.
- The fine summer harvest was not easily come by.
- The harvest has been safely gathered in.
- We are all very busy because it's the harvest time.
- They turned the soil after the harvest.
- We all helped the harvest.
- The peasants are harvesting rice in the field.
- The research yielded a rich harvest.
- He reaped the harvest of his hard work.
- The new medicine is the harvest of thirty years' research.
- He should reap the harvest of his mistakes.
- Farmers harvest their crops in fall.
- Currently it is the high season to harvest narcissus bulbs.
- Next week they will harvest the corn.
- It's still too early to harvest the wheat now.
- It's the busy time for them to harvest their fields.
- After the harvest, the peasants began to prepare the soil for seed.
- This is not the season for harvest.
- After the autumn harvest, the stalks were brown and bare.
- When the autumn harvest is coming, we help the farmers with their corn.
- The weather changed at the harvest.
- We will have a great corn harvest this year.
- It is not easy to reap the harvest of my hard work.
- celebrate a harvest 庆祝丰收
- gather a harvest 获得收获
- gather in the harvest 收割,收获
- reap the harvest of sth 得到…的结果
- ruin the harvest 破坏收成
- abundant harvest 丰收
- ample harvest 丰收
- bad harvest 歉收
- excellent harvest 好收成
- fair harvest 收成尚好
- good harvest 大丰收,好收成
- poor harvest 歉收,收成不好
- rich harvest 大丰收
- spiritual harvest 精神上的收获
- splendid harvest 丰收
- the last harvest 去年的收成
- the new harvest 新的收获
- the next harvest 明年的收成
Toward the End of Harvest, when the Days are turning short.出自： M. Mackenzie
- harvest表示“收获”“收成”时,是可数名词; 表示“收获季节,收获期”时,既可用作可数名词,又可用作不可数名词。
- harvest, crop
- We had a bigger crop〔harvest〕 this year than last year.我们今年的收成比去年好。其区别是：
- 1.crop是普通用语,可指一年、一个季节或一块地收获的各种农产品,包括谷物、果类、蔬菜以及其他经济作物; harvest是较正式用语,一般指夏初收获的农作物。
- 2.指生长在地里的农作物时,只能用crop; 指“收割”的具体行动或“收割季节”时,只能用harvest。例如:
- The rice crop looks excellent.水稻看来长势很好。
- Rice is usually cheap after harvest.稻谷在收获后通常卖得便宜。
- They all help with the harvest.他们都来帮着收割。
- 3.harvest还可引申指“努力的成果或某种行为的后果”; crop则没有这个意思。例如:
- Her researches have yielded a rich harvest.她的研究已取得丰硕的成果。
- Ade has reaped the harvest of his mistakes.艾德已经尝到自己的错误造成的苦果。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的harfest，意为收割果实，庄稼。