place into the hands or custody of;
"hand me the spoon, please"
"Turn the files over to me, please"
"He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
transmit (knowledge or skills);
"give a secret to the Russians"
"leave your name and address here"
"impart a new skill to the students"
move forward, also in the metaphorical sense;
"Time marches on"
give to or transfer possession of;
"She passed the family jewels on to her daughter-in-law"
refer to another person for decision or judgment;
"She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
cause be distributed;
"This letter is being circulated among the faculty"
transmit information ;
"Please communicate this message to all employees"
"pass along the good news"
- Pass approved documents inside PFC.
- Please hand on the document to others.
- We will hand on the torch which he has handed to us.
- They unreservedly passed on to us their technical know-how.
- He sent the horse forward with a slap on its rump.
- He tripped and fell, picked himself up and ran on.
- The shadow of death is on his face.
- A strep infection attacked her body on Thursday.
- Audit on your accounts will be done next week.
- The university passed on his application and found him acceptable.