- v. 发展；发育；开发；冲洗(照片)
- 【摄】使显影 ，显影，冲洗，冲印
- 使成长，成长 ，生长，发育
- 发生， 使发生
- vt. & vi. 开发,发展 increase or become larger or more complete
- vt. & vi. (使)成长,(使)发育,(使)发达 make (sb/sth) grow larger, fuller or more mature, organized
- vt. & vi. (照相)冲洗,显影 treat with chemicals so that the picture can be seen
make something new, such as a product or a mental or artistic creation;
"Her company developed a new kind of building material that withstands all kinds of weather"
"They developed a new technique"
"We have developed a new theory of evolution"
gain through experience;
"I acquired a strong aversion to television"
"Children must develop a sense of right and wrong"
"Dave developed leadership qualities in his new position"
"develop a passion for painting"
come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes);
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
"I got funny spots all over my body"
come into existence; take on form or shape;
"A new religious movement originated in that country"
"a love that sprang up from friendship"
"the idea for the book grew out of a short story"
"An interesting phenomenon uprose"
change the use of and make available or usable;
"The country developed its natural resources"
"The remote areas of the country were gradually built up"
elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses;
"Could you develop the ideas in your thesis"
create by training and teaching;
"The old master is training world-class violinists"
"we develop the leaders for the future"
be gradually disclosed or unfolded; become manifest;
"The plot developed slowly"
grow, progress, unfold, or evolve through a process of evolution, natural growth, differentiation, or a conducive environment;
"A flower developed on the branch"
"The country developed into a mighty superpower"
"The embryo develops into a fetus"
"This situation has developed over a long time"
become technologically advanced;
"Many countries in Asia are now developing at a very fast pace"
"Viet Nam is modernizing rapidly"
cause to grow and differentiate in ways conforming to its natural development;
"The perfect climate here develops the grain"
"He developed a new kind of apple"
"We must develop more potential customers"
"develop a market for the new mobile phone"
grow emotionally or mature;
"The child developed beautifully in her new kindergarten"
"When he spent a summer at camp, the boy grew noticeably and no longer showed some of his old adolescent behavior"
make visible by means of chemical solutions;
"Please develop this roll of film for me"
superimpose a three-dimensional surface on a plane without stretching, in geometry
move one's pieces into strategically more advantageous positions;
"Spassky developed quickly"
move into a strategically more advantageous position;
"develop the rook"
elaborate by the unfolding of a musical idea and by the working out of the rhythmic and harmonic changes in the theme;
"develop the melody and change the key"
"Report the news as it develops"
"These political movements recrudesce from time to time"
expand in the form of a series;
"Develop the function in the following form"
- Modern music was first developed in Italy.
- China can't develop in isolation from the rest of the world.
- Plants develop from seeds, but many animals developed from eggs.
- Investors agreed to pool their resources to develop the property.
- We can develop your film in an hour.
- How long will it take to develop these pictures?
- Things develop.
- Animal husbandry on the grassland is developing rapidly.
- This has made it necessary for agriculture and industry to develop very quickly.
- Cities grew rapidly, a large laboring class developed.
- As production has developed, the living standard of the peasants has risen considerably.
- The relations of friendly cooperation between our two countries are developing satisfactorily.
- The child is developing well.
- We must do our best to develop the national economy.
- Some West European countries are developing their economy and trade with oil-producing countries.
- By the end of the year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.
- The country wants to develop its traditional friendship with China.
- Li Kuang Yao has again and again stressed the need for his tiny nation to develop its own Singaporean—as opposed to Chinese—identity.
- They began to develop a new industrial site near the river.
- This engine develops 120-brake horse power.
- The labourers in Tibet developed the Tibetan plateau with their own labour and wisdom.
- That knowledge developed his courage and self-confidence.
- We must provide good material for developing their reading skills.
- He developed an interest in science.
- Hand in hand with reading, he had developed the habit of making notes.
- The car has developed signs of rust.
- He seems to be developing an illness.
- Can you develop this film for us?
- Modern music was first developed in Italy.
- A new method of fuel injection was developed during the war.
- The industrial life of China is not yet highly developed.
- I think these photographs will look nice when they're developed.
- We are developing nuclear weapons to do away with such weapons.
- It developed that they had nowhere to sleep.
- It soon developed that what she loved was not my person but my wealth.
- It developed that neither one paid the bill.
- It developed that he had another wife living and his indictment for bigamy followed.
- It soon developed that the meeting was a great success.
- develop from (v.+prep.)
从…中长出来〔产生出〕,(使)由…发展成 grow from
develop from sth/v-ing
The whole idea developed from a casual remark.
A blossom develops from a bud.
This tall tree developed from a small seed.
A reduced standard of living will develop from increasing taxation and rising unemployment.
捐税的增长和失业人数的上升将会导致生活水平的降低。develop sth from sth
Develop the new from the old.
We've developed the project from an original idea by Stephen.
Most of the city's factories were developed from small shops.
The book has been developed from a short story.
- develop into (v.+prep.)
(使)发展成,变成… (cause to) grow into
develop into sb/sth
Jane is developing into a fine figure of a young woman.
I hope his eldest son may develop into a good man.
That school developed into a college.
The city has developed into a centre of industry.
A small seed can develop into a tall tree.
Our little boy's flu had developed into pneumonia.
Unhappy experiences in childhood often develop into violent and criminal tendencies in a man.
The argument developed into a bitter quarrel.
这场辩论逐渐变成了激烈的争吵。develop itself into sth
This trifle developed itself into a serious problem.
- develop a bad cough 患有重感冒
- develop a character 研究特征
- develop a habit 养成习惯
- develop a plan 拟定一个计划
- develop a reasonable point of view 叙述合情合理的观点
- develop a side-occupation 发展副业
- develop a story 展开一个故事
- develop a taste 培养爱好
- develop a taste for cooking 渐渐爱好烹调
- develop a theory 发展理论
- develop agriculture 发展农业
- develop an enormous appetite 胃口特好
- develop an idea 研究某种想法
- develop an illness 患某种疾病
- develop an interest 培养兴趣
- develop argument 展开讨论
- develop business 发展商业
- develop capability 开发能力
- develop heat 产生热量
- develop industry 发展工业
- develop mind 开发智力
- develop modern science 发展现代科学
- develop muscles 使肌肉发育起来
- develop national economy 发展国民经济
- develop nuclear weapons 研制核武器
- develop photographs 冲洗胶卷
- develop public library services 开发公共图书馆业务
- develop reading skills 培养阅读技巧
- develop relations of friendship and cooperation 发展友好合作关系
- develop self-confidence 培养自信心
- develop technique 开发技术
- develop the democratic style of work 发扬民主的工作作风
- develop the ideas of the first chapter 揭示第一章的构想
- develop the natural resources 开发自然资源
- develop the same fault 犯有同样的毛病
- develop tourism 发展旅游业
- develop weakness 显露弱点
- develop first 优先发展
- develop advantageously 有利地发展
- develop arduously 艰难地发展
- develop ceaselessly 不断地发展
- develop considerably 相当大地发展
- develop gradually 逐渐地发展
- develop intellectually 明确地发展
- develop partially 局部地发展
- develop rapidly 迅速地发展
- develop satisfactorily 令人满意地发展
- develop slowly 缓慢地发展
- develop vigorously 蓬勃地发展
- develop at a faster speed 以较快的速度发展
- develop by leaps and bounds 跳跃式发展
- develop from 由…发展成
- develop in depth and breadth 向深度和广度发展
- develop in the direction of... 向…方向发展
- develop into a disease 发展成为一种疾病
- develop into a good leader 发展成为优秀的领导者
- develop into a good man 发展成为一个男子汉
- develop into a heated discussion 发展成为激烈的讨论
- develop into a large and flourishing industry 发展成为大而繁荣的产业
- develop into an oak 长成一株橡树
- develop into friendship 发展友谊
- develop into one of the greatest ports in the world 发展成为世界最大的港口之一
- develop into the “real thing” 成为“真家伙”
- develop into wisdom 发展成为智慧
- develop through several stages 通过几个阶段发展
- develop to a certain level 发展到某个水平
- develop to a considerable extent 有很大程度地发展
- develop to a high degree 发展到很高的程度
- develop with 在…中发展
In the Banyan tree adventitious roots are frequently developed on the outstretched woody branches.出自： A. Henfrey
Expounding and developing the doctrines in a series of books.出自： R. G. Collingwood
Teach them whatever you like, so long as it develops their character.出自： D. Cusack
She had in recent years developed a most alarming habit.出自： G. Vidal
The thick muscular legs were developed in his teens by sixty-eight-kilometre weekend cycle rides.出自： L. Deighton
The Greeks had been slow to develop advanced siege equipment.出自： R. L. Fox
In Kashmir the girl had developed dysentery.出自： R. P. Jhabvala
You have to..develop the skill through constant practice.出自： G. Boycott
- develop的基本意思是“发展”,可指某物自然地或人为地、逐渐地、有秩序地显现展开,强调其进程缓慢复杂; 也可指自身(理论、想法)发展的结果。
- 在美国口语中常使用“It developed that-clause”结构,意思是“显然…; …显露出来”,也可表示“以后发现…”。
- develop, age, mature, mellow, ripen
- mature不仅指身体上,也指精神、智力方面“成熟”; age则侧重“变老,老化”,可指人,也可指物; develop意为“生长,成长”,可指局部的,也可指整体的变化; mellow则指水果成熟、酒酿成,也可指人因年龄的增长,经验的积累而变得老练成熟; 而ripen的意思是“使…成熟”,着重指无生命的东西。
误 We must develop in children's reading habits as early as possible.
正 We must develop children's reading habits as early as possible.
- ☆ 17世纪50年代进入英语，直接源自法语的developper；最初源自古法语的desveloper：des (解除，放开） + veloper (包裹），意为解开包裹。