- [C]集市,市场 gathering of people for buying and selling goods; place where they meet
- [C]交易情况,行情 the state of trade in a particular type of goods as shown by prices or the rate at which things are bought and sold
- [U]需求 demand for goods
- [C]行销地区 area, country, section of the population, etc. to which goods may be sold
- vt. 在市场上出售某物 sell sth in a market
the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold;
"without competition there would be no market"
"they were driven from the marketplace"
the customers for a particular product or service;
"before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
a marketplace where groceries are sold;
"the grocery store included a meat market"
the securities markets in the aggregate;
"the market always frustrates the small investor"
an area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up
engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of;
"The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
buy household supplies;
"We go marketing every Saturday"
deal in a market
"Some Amish people have commercialized their way of life"
- The market is rather depressed at the moment.
- The sales manager wants to open up new markets in the Far East.
- I bought a coconut in the market.
- The inventor is trying to market his new product.
- If our product is properly marketed, it shall sell very well.
- We marketed for a special Sunday dinner.
- She went to the market to sell what she had made.
- The next market is on the 15th.
- There is a covered market in the town centre.
- They all said that the quality of the merchandise in the market was good.
- The farmers plucked the apples for market as to size and ripeness.
- This clothing sells well to the teenage market.
- He bought some animals at the local cattle market.
- The heading of their conversation was the price of goods in market.
- There are a large variety of household implements on sale in the market.
- The gold market is steady.
- Observers expected that the market would rise.
- Do you know today's new highs and lows in the stock market?
- There's not much market for these goods.
- The market determines what goods are made.
- South America is a market for American automobiles.
- We must find new foreign markets for our products.
- The West has artificially depressed the market for third world commodities.
- The market price of tea is on the decline.
- They are good at marketing their goods.
- The firm markets many types of goods.
- The inventor is trying to market his new product.
- She is unlikely to market philosophical views.
- come onto the market
上市,在市场上出售 be offered for sale
- flood the market
充斥 be offered for sale in large quantities, often at a low price
- in the market for
有意买某物 interested in buying sth
- market share
市场占有率 proportion that one company, etc. has of the total volume of trading in one kind of goods or services
- on the market
待售,出售,上市 offered for sale; on sale
- play the market
买卖证券或股票牟利 buy and sell stocks and shares to make a profit
- price out of the market
漫天要价以致无人问津 charge such a high price for one's goods, services, etc. that nobody buys them
price oneself/sth out of the market
There are not many jobs free this year, and if you ask for much more, you'll price yourself out of the market.
- market to (v.+prep.)
向…推销 offer sth for sale, especially by advertising, etc.
market sth to sb
We need somebody to market our products to the local people.
- affect the market 影响市场
- boycott a market 联合抵制行情
- break into a market 打进市场
- build up a market 建立市场
- come into the market 进入市场
- contend for market 争夺市场
- control the market 控制市场
- develop market 发展市场
- extend market 扩展市场
- find a market 有销路
- fit for markets 适销
- flood market 充斥市场
- influence the stock market 影响股市
- lose one's market 失去市场
- open up a market 开辟市场
- play the market 在股市上投机
- raise the market upon 抬高…的价值
- seek a new market 寻找新的市场
- study the market 调查市场
- supply a marketwith 为市场提供…
- make a market 博得人心,有活气
- put on the market 出卖
- active market 活跃的市场
- black markets 卖肉的黑市
- common market 共同市场
- dull market 市场不景气
- flat market 市场不景气
- free market 自由市场
- fresh market 新市场
- foreign markets 国外市场
- international markets 国际市场
- planned markets 计划市场
- saturated markets 饱和的市场
- soft markets 疲软的市场
- super market 超级市场,自选市场
- vast market 广阔的市场
- weak market 疲软的市场
- bear market 跌风笼罩的市场,熊市
- bull market 牛市
- coffee market 咖啡市场
- cotton market 棉花市场
- export market 出口市场
- fish market 鱼市
- food market 食品市场
- foreign exchange market 外汇市场
- holiday markets 假日市场
- home markets 国内市场
- import market 进口市场
- labour market 劳务市场
- meat market 肉类市场
- money market 金融市场
- night market 夜市
- overseas market 海外市场
- spot market 现货市场
- stock market 股票市场
- technology market 技术市场
- used-car market 旧车市场
- wheat market 小麦市场
- buyers' market 买方市场,需求市场
- sellers' market 卖方市场,供货市场
- at the market 在市场
- goods fit for markets 适销货物
- in the market 在市场
- in the marketfor 想买…
- on the Australian market 在澳大利亚市场上
The rest of the flat cart was filled with hens for the market.出自： Day Lewis
Markets spilling over the pavements with sacks of bananas, improvised stalls piled with cheap clothes.出自： C. Thubron
Then I have to go uptown and market.出自： R. Chandler
- market作“集市,市场”解,是可数名词; 作“行情”解,常用单数形式。
- market, fair
- fair指定期的“集市”,一般在乡村或集镇举行,引申为“国际性的博览会”; market指经常出售货品的“市集”,即经济学上所指的“市场”。例如:
- I bought this pen at Dong An Market.我这支笔是在东安市场买的。
- market, marketplace
- 1.market指具体的交易市场或总体的商品市场, marketplace指设置市集的场所。例如:
- We don't know if this new product will be successful until we test it out in the marketplace.只有这种产品在市场上试卖后,我们才能知道是否成功。
- 2.market较marketplace的词义广, market还可指“需求,行情,食品店”等,“食品店”是美国用法。例如:
- He kept a meat market.他经营一家肉食店。
- ☆ 12世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的mercatus，意为贸易，商业，市场。