- adj. 公平的；晴朗的；美丽的; 相当的；（皮肤、毛发等）浅色的；白皙的
- n. 展览会；市集
- adv. 公平地，直接地
- 职业介绍会， 就业展览会
- 公平的,公正的 impartial
- 中等的,尚可的,不错的 average; moderately good
- (天气)好的,晴朗的 (of the weather) good; dry and fine
- 公正地,直接地 in a fair manner
- [C]集市 market
a traveling show; having sideshows and rides and games of skill etc.
gathering of producers to promote business;
a competitive exhibition of farm products;
"she won a blue ribbon for her baking at the county fair"
a sale of miscellany; often for charity;
"the church bazaar"
free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception; conforming with established standards or rules;
"a fair referee"
"on a fair footing"
"a fair fight"
"by fair means or foul"
not excessive or extreme;
"a fairish income"
very pleasing to the eye;
"my bonny lass"
"there's a bonny bay beyond"
"a comely face"
"young fair maidens"
(of a baseball) hit between the foul lines;
"he hit a fair ball over the third base bag"
lacking exceptional quality or ability;
"a novel of average merit"
"only a fair performance of the sonata"
"in fair health"
"the caliber of the students has gone from mediocre to above average"
"the performance was middling at best"
"the fair sex"
(of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections;
"a clean manuscript"
gained or earned without cheating or stealing;
"an honest wage"
"an fair penny"
free of clouds or rain;
"today will be fair and warm"
(used of hair or skin) pale or light-colored;
"a fair complexion"
in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating;
"they played fairly"
without favoring one party, in a fair evenhanded manner;
"deal fairly with one another"
join so that the external surfaces blend smoothly
- He won the game fair and square.
- Soames said that he was not getting a fair go.
- The rainbow promises fair weather.
- A foul morning may turn to a fair day.
- The visitors spied the exhibits at the fair.
- Do you want to pre-register the following Fair?
- There is a fair in the town square.
- I laughed at her at the fair, and this happened to me!
- It was a fair judgement.
- She deserves a fair trial.
- It was a fair fight.
- I will see fair play.
- We want to see that this man gets fair treatment.
- It's a fair journey to the railway station.
- Their house is a fair size.
- We met on a fair day.
- They set sail with the first fair wind.
- He met a girl with fair hair and skin.
- Be fair, my dear. It's not their fault.
- A judge must be fair.
- The punishment was quite fair.
- The profit was fair but not as big as they had hoped.
- His work is only fair, certainly not distinguished.
- His exam results were not wonderful, but they were fair.
- His knowledge of French is fair, but ought to be better.
- That's fair of you.
- She is fair and just in judgement.
- He is fair to people he dislikes.
- I don't think you're fair to me.
- The rules are fair to every player.
- We should be fair with one another.
- Do you think the weather will be fair for our journey?
- It's not fair to give him the prize.
- It wouldn't be fair to disturb the children's education at this stage.
- He speaks fair.
- The village has a fair once a month.
- At the county fair last year, prizes were given for the best farm products and livestock.
- Our church held a fair to raise money for charity.
- fair enough
- fair and square
正中目标 exactly on target
- play fair
公平地比赛或行事 play or act fairly, following rules or accepted standards
- fair allocation of funds 资金的公平分配
- fair chance of success 相当大的成功可能性
- fair complexion 白嫩的皮肤
- fair fame 清白的名声
- fair heritage 大笔遗产
- fair judge 公正的法官
- fair landscape 美景
- fair play 公平的比赛
- fair prospect 充满希望的前景
- fair sky 晴空
- fair treatment 公平的待遇
- fair trial 公平的审判
- fair weather 天气晴朗
- fair word 花言巧语
- fair in buying and selling 买卖公平
- fair of sb 对某人公平
- fair to both sides 对双方都公平
- fair with each other 互相公平对待
- at fair 在交易会上
A mere cattle-fair; no booths with toys and sweeties.出自： J. Carlyle
The fair came once a year with the swings and roundabouts and bumping cars.出自： R. Dahl
The fairest of her daughters Eve.出自： Milton
A fair building is..worth the ground it stands on.出自： J. Ruskin
- fair解释为“还算好的”或“说的过去的”意思时，短语有：fair knowledge，fair specime，fair ability；
- 当fairly解释为“还算好地”或”说的过去地”，通常用来修饰褒义词，而非贬义，如fairly bad或fairly dangerous，都不可以；
- fair短语表述方式例：play fair (办事公正合理），hit fair (依照规则出击），fight fair (依照规则开打）；
- fairly的短语表述方式例：treat him fairly，deal fairly with them。
- fair, market
- fair指定期的“集市”,一般在乡村或集镇举行,引申为“国际性的博览会”; market指经常出售货品的“市集”,即经济学上所指的“市场”。例如:
- I bought this pen at Dong An Market.我这支笔是在东安市场买的。
误 He was accused by his opponents for not playing fairly.
正 He was accused by his opponents for not playing fair.
析 在短语play fair中fair不能用fairly来代替。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fger，意为美丽，喜悦；最初源自原始印欧语的fag，意为适合的。
- sunny n.