- v. 抓住；扭打；搏斗
- n. 抓钩；扭打；搏斗
a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding; often thrown with a rope
a dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam
the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat;
"they had a fierce wrestle"
"we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully"
come to terms with;
"We got by on just a gallon of gas"
"They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match;
"the two men grappled with each other for several minutes"
- The fisherman tried to grapple the urn which was floating down the river,but failed.
- She grappled with her assailant but her husband got away.
- He did all he could to grapple with the enemy.
- He has been grappling with the problem for a long time.
- Use your grapple to grab building parts and weapons.
- In his grapple with the small unit he can pretty well count on not being bluffed.
- This was the context in which the United States attempted to grapple with the dynamics of the Soviet system.
The English..grappled their own boats to the French with hooks and chains.出自： P. Warner
To locate the wreck, grapple it and fix its position.出自：Daily Telegraph
Never to be torn from thence, but with those holds that grapple it to life.出自： fig.
- struggle 努力
- grasp 把握
- seize 抓住
- fight 战斗
- grab 抓住
- grip 紧握
- clasp 扣子
- clutch 抓住
- hold 拿着
- wrestle 摔跤
- cope 应付
- deal 协定
- contend 竞争
- tackle 处理
- face 表面
- handle 处理
- do battle 作战(斗争)
- wrestling 摔跤
- grappling iron 抓钩
- clamshell 蛤壳
- grapnel 小锚
- grappling hook 爪钩
- grappling 小锚
- make do 凑合着用, 将就...
- grappler 抓东西的人或物...
- get by 通过
- manage 管理
- make out 起草