- vt. & vi. 战斗,斗争 use physical violence against sb in a battle
- vt. & vi. 打架,吵架 beat on sb each other; quarrel
- [C]打架,吵架 quarrel
- [C]战斗,斗争 an act of fighting between two peoples, group, countries, etc.
- [U]斗志 the power or desire to fight
- a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war;
"Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"
"he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
- the act of fighting; any contest or struggle;
"a fight broke out at the hockey game"
"there was fighting in the streets"
"the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
- an aggressive willingness to compete;
"the team was full of fight"
- an intense verbal dispute;
"a violent fight over the bill is expected in the Senate"
- a boxing or wrestling match;
"the fight was on television last night"
- be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight;
"the tribesmen fought each other"
"Siblings are always fighting"
"Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
- fight against or resist strongly;
"The senator said he would oppose the bill"
"Don't fight it!"
- make a strenuous or labored effort;
"She struggled for years to survive without welfare"
"He fought for breath"
- exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for;
"The liberal party pushed for reforms"
"She is crusading for women's rights"
"The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- After spiritual purification, he meets the demon in a thrilling fight.
- Armed with raincoat and flashlight, he joined in the fight against the flood.
- Did you hear that there was a fight down in the local on Wednesday?
- All the fight seemed to go out of him.
- The news of defeat took all the fight out of us.
- The boxer has fought many opponents.
- Melinda Gates says there is work now to bring a new drug to India and Bangladesh to fight what is known as black fever.
- She fought like a tiger to get what she wanted.
- Let us unite to fight poverty and disease.
- He tried to fight down his anxiety.
- He was always fighting with his neighbors about the noise.
Don't fight!You are mistaken.
They always fight like cat and dog though they still love each other very much.
He worked neither for fame nor fortune and always fought at his ordinary post.
I fought all night to save his life.
They were fighting to preserve their freedom.
You can fight him, but cau you beat him?
The Chinese people were fighting the Japanese invaders in many places in North China.
They fought a duel.
They fought the fire last night.
She dedicated her life to fighting corruption.
Doctors have been fighting the disease for many years.
They made a detailed plan to fight the drought.
Although they were cripples, they fought the way up the hill.
They fought a decisive battle〔fight, war〕.
We have fought scores of battles in order to win victory.
He fought his bravest (war).
Battle after battle was fought, finally the invaders were driven out of the country.
Many fierce battles were fought outside of the city.
The famous battle was fought here in 1948.
The purpose of criticism is to increase the Party's fighting capacity.
In his anger he hit the man and a fight ensued.
He precipitated himself into fight.
My brother was drawn into a fight outside the hotel.
He could never pass a street fight without pitching in.
The boy justified himself by saying he did not begin the fight.
The fight between the boys had become so fierce that the teacher had to come out to pour oil on troubled waters.
After a brave fight, he finally had to chuck in the towel.
The fight would probably never have begun if one of the boys had not been edged on by a couple of bystanders.
Our team put up a good fight, but were beaten in the end.
The fighter accepted money to keep himself back from winning the fight.
You haven't been in a fight, have you?
They are determined to persevere in the fight.
The fight for peace interests all nations.
He came through countless fights.
I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand.
The fight against drug abuse goes on.
The news of the defeat took all the fight out of us.
- fight about (v.+adv.)
争夺; 争吵 quarrel over; compete for sth fight about
He and his wife are always fighting about who will take the car.他们夫妻俩经常为抢着用家里那部汽车互相争吵。
- 争夺; 争吵 quarrel over; compete for sth fight about
- fight against (v.+prep.)
与…作斗争〔争吵〕; 反对… oppose sb/a nation in a battle or quarrel; oppose sth fight against sb/sth/v-ing
Try to stop the children form fighting against each other.别让孩子们在一起打架。
We fought against odds.我们以多对少。
Britain fought against the US in the War of Independence.在独立战争中英国与美国作战。
The habitants tried to fight against being moved to another city, but it was no use.居民们试图抵制移居到另一座城市去,但无济于事。
- 与…作斗争〔争吵〕; 反对… oppose sb/a nation in a battle or quarrel; oppose sth fight against sb/sth/v-ing
- fight back (v.+adv.)
抵抗,回击 resist; return an attack fight back
They fought back heroically.他们英勇回击。
Don't let them bully you, fight back!别让他们欺负你,把他们顶回去!
As I fought back, he drew his sword and thrust it at me.当我还手的时候,他拔出剑向我刺来。fight sb ⇔ back 用于 be ～ed 结构
The aggressors were fiercely fought back.侵略者遭到猛烈的抵抗。
强忍住 struggle to control fight sth ⇔ back
Little Hans couldn't fight back his desire for the chocolate cake and ate a small piece before it was served.在巧克力蛋糕还没有端上桌之前,小汉斯就忍不住吃了一小块。
When you begin to give up smoking, you have to fight back your craving for cigarettes.戒烟之初,你得抗拒住烟瘾。用于 be ～ed 结构
Her tears were fought back on such an occasion.在这种场合下她忍住了眼泪。
恢复 struggle to return (to a former condition) fight back to sth
Everything seemed to be against me,But I fought back to my old position of strength.那时一切事情看起来对我都不顺利,然而我努力恢复了体力。fight one's way back to sth
After several reverses, they fought their way back to their old seats on the Board.几次失败之后他们又回到谈判桌旁。
- 抵抗,回击 resist; return an attack fight back
- fight down (v.+adv.)
控〔抑〕制,克服 struggle to control sth fight sth ⇔ down
The firemen fought the flames down at last.消防队员最终扑灭了大火。
It's difficult to fight down a desire to sleep.困意上来难以抑制。
She fought down her excitement and went on with her work.她极力克制自己的激动,继续干工作。
You have made a great mistake and you will have to fight it down.你犯了个严重错误,你必须克服。
- 控〔抑〕制,克服 struggle to control sth fight sth ⇔ down
- fight for (v.+prep.)
为…而战斗〔竞争〕 fight to defend; compete with sb/sth to get sth/sb fight for sb/sth
They fought for their country.他们为祖国而战斗。
He called on workers to fight for their rights.他号召工人们为得到应有的权利而斗争。
Abraham Lincoln called on his people to fight for freedom for all—Negroes and Whites.亚伯拉罕·林肯号召他的人民为所有的人——黑人和白人的自由而战斗。
Every year I have to fight for an increase in pay.每年我都必须为增加工资而卖力工作。
- 为…而战斗〔竞争〕 fight to defend; compete with sb/sth to get sth/sb fight for sb/sth
- fight off (v.+adv.)
在战斗〔自卫〕中击败(某人) defeat sb in a fight
The policeman fought off two men who attacked him. 那个警察打跑了两个攻击他的人。
竭力摆脱〔驱走、阻止、回避…〕 keep sth away with an effort; struggle to prevent (sth unwanted); avoid (sb unwanted)
She was always having to fight off the men who wanted to marry her. 她总是竭力摆脱那些想和她结婚的男人。
He fought off sleep as he tried to finish the task. 他尽量赶走瞌睡,以便力争完成任务。
They drank alcohol to fight off cold. 他们饮酒御寒。
I must wear warm clothes, as I am fighting off this cold. 为了摆脱感冒,我必须穿暖和些。
This is a possible cure to fight off cancer. 这也许是治愈癌症的良方。
- 在战斗〔自卫〕中击败(某人) defeat sb in a fight
- fight on1 (v.+adv.)
继续战斗 continue fighting fight on
We must fight on until the end.我们必须战斗到底。
- 继续战斗 continue fighting fight on
- fight on2 (v.+prep.)
在…作战 fight in a place
We had to fight on the seas and oceans. 我们不得不在海上作战。
We shall fight on the beaches. 我们将在海滩作战。
在(某方面)反对(某人) oppose sb about a matter fight sb on sth
I'll fight you on that question.在那个问题上我不同意你的看法。
- 在…作战 fight in a place
- fight out (v.+adv.)
解决矛盾 try to settle a disagreement
The committee fought the matter out for hours, and still could not agree. 委员会对这一问题商讨了几个小时,仍未达成一致。
努力离开… struggle to leave
They were surrounded and had to fight their way out. 他们被包围了,必须突围出来。
The crowd was so thick that I had to fight my way out. 人太多了,我不得不拼命地挤出去。
- 解决矛盾 try to settle a disagreement
- fight it out (v.+pron.+adv.)
争论,争辩; 竞争 fight or argue until one of them wins
He likes to fight it out whenever others disagree with him. 当别人与他意见不一致时,他总喜欢争辩个明白。
I can't see any point in fighting it out, why do you want to argue? 我看争来争去没有意思,你们为什么要争论呢?
The two tennis players have fought five rounds but still can't fight it out. 这两个网球手打了五个回合还不能决出高下。
While the two teams were fighting it out on football field, their coaches were waging a psychological warfare as well. 两队在球场上决一雌雄之际,也是双方教练进行心理战之时。
- 争论,争辩; 竞争 fight or argue until one of them wins
- fight over (v.+prep.)
争夺; 争吵 quarrel over; compete for sth fight over sb/sth
It's quite an honour to have two men fighting over me.有两个人争着要我,我感到很荣幸。
The birds in the garden are fighting over a piece of bread.园子里的小鸟正在争夺一片面包。
- 争夺; 争吵 quarrel over; compete for sth fight over sb/sth
- fight shy of (v.+adj.+prep.)
害怕… fear about sb/sth
Children often fight shy of dentists. 孩子们常常害怕看牙病。
He never fights shy of hard work. 他从不躲避艰苦的工作。
- 害怕… fear about sb/sth
- fight through1 (v.+adv.)
决战 (cause to) fight until a result is reached fight through
The two opposing armies fought through to the end.双方军队在进行生死决战。fight sth ⇔ through
We must fight this battle through to victory.我们必须战斗到最后胜利。
努力得到赞同 struggle to gain approval of sth fight sth ⇔ through
The committee member had difficulty in fighting his suggestion through.委员要使他的提案通过有很大困难。
- 决战 (cause to) fight until a result is reached fight through
- fight through2 (v.+prep.)
奋力通过 struggle through or make one's way through (sb/sth) fight through sb
I could only get out by fighting through the crowd.我只能从人群中奋力挤出来。fight one's way through sth
The traveller had to fight his way through the tropical forest with an axe.探险者靠一把斧头奋力穿过热带雨林。
We fought our way through the crowds to try to catch a glimpse of the parade.我们奋力挤进人群,想看一眼游行队伍。
全面反对 oppose sth throughout fight sth through sth
Opposing members of the committee fought the suggested changes through every stage.委员会中的反对派对改革方案的每一项条款都强烈反对。
力排众议 (cause to) pass with a struggle through sth fight through sth
You'll have to fight through a lot of opposition to get the rules changed.你们必须力排众议,以求变法。fight sth through sth
The committee member successfully fought his suggested changes through the necessary stages.委员成功地推行了他的改革方案。
- 奋力通过 struggle through or make one's way through (sb/sth) fight through sb
- fight together (v.+adv.)
并肩作战 fight with sb's help, as friends
We must all fight together to prevent further evil. 我们必须同心协力预防更大的灾难。
相互争斗 fight together against sb, as enemies
Two dogs were fighting together on the street. 两条狗在大街上咬起来了。
His parents fought together, and he just stood there looking. 他的父母打成一团,他只是站在那里看。
- 并肩作战 fight with sb's help, as friends
- fight with (v.+prep.)
用(某种武器)与(某人)交战; 用(某种方式、手段)反对(某人) fight or oppose sb/sth using (weapons or other means) fight with sth
Now, we fight with guns.现在,我们用枪打仗。
They fought with bows and arrows.他们用弓箭作战。fight sb/sth with sth
The man fought his attacker with a stick.那人用棍子打跑了偷袭者。
We can fight evil with good.我们能够靠正义战胜邪恶。
与…争斗 fight against fight with sb
Try to stop the children from fighting with each other.快把打架的孩子拉开。
Have you been fighting with your brother again?你又跟弟弟打架了吧?
They had to fight with a force twice their number.他们不得不同两倍于他们的敌人作战。
联盟作战 fight with help of fight with sb
In World War Two, the Americans fought with the Britain and French against the Germans.二战中美国联合英、法两国对德作战。
- 用(某种武器)与(某人)交战; 用(某种方式、手段)反对(某人) fight or oppose sb/sth using (weapons or other means) fight with sth
- pick a fight with
和…吵〔打〕架; 向某人挑衅 bring about a quarrel intentionally; provoke an incident
He picked a fight with his classmate. 他和他的同学打了一架。
Eby's going through a tiresome stage, always picking fights with his brother for no reason at all. 伊比正在烦人的时候,总是和他的弟兄无故打架。
- 和…吵〔打〕架; 向某人挑衅 bring about a quarrel intentionally; provoke an incident
- fight bravely 勇敢地战斗
- fight briefly 短暂地斗争
- fight closely 亲密地作战
- fight desperately 拼死搏斗
- fight fearlessly 无畏地斗争
- fight fiercely 强烈地抗击
- fight gallantly 勇敢地战斗
- fight hard 拼死搏斗
- fight heroically 英勇地战斗
- fight hopelessly 无希望地斗争
- fight incessantly 持续不断地斗争
- fight manfully 勇敢地战斗
- fight memorably 值得纪念地战斗
- fight passively 被动地斗争
- fight perpetually 永久地斗争
- fight rebelliously 叛逆性地斗争
- fight relentlessly 残酷地斗争
- fight reluctantly 不情愿地斗争
- fight resolutely 顽强地战斗
- fight silently 无声地斗争
- fight simultaneously 暂时斗争
- fight skeptically 心存怀疑地斗争
- fight stubbornly 顽强地战斗
- fight successfully 成功地战斗
- fight terrifically 恐怖地斗争
- fight thrillingly 激动地斗争
- fight unfairly 不公平地争斗
- fight valiantly 勇敢地战斗
- fight viciously 恶意地争斗
- fight back 抵抗,抑制,打回去
- fight back one's tears 强忍住眼泪
- fight the enemy back 把敌人打回去
- fight down 克服,抑制,征服
- fight down one's anger 抑制愤怒
- fight off 治好,击退,排斥,竭力避免
- fight off a cold 治好伤风
- fight off the effects of 消除…的影响
- fight out 拼命抵抗,竭力克服,通过斗争来解决
- fight it out 决一雌雄,争辩个明白
- fight one's way out 打出一条路
- fight together 打成一团
- fight up 奋力打,勇敢战斗
- fight about 为…而争吵
- fight against 与…战,抵抗
- fight against death 与死亡搏斗
- fight against difficulties 与困难斗争
- fight among themselves 自相战斗
- fight for 为…而斗争,争(干某事)
- fight for existence 为生存而挣扎
- fight for fame 为名誉而战
- fight for glory 为荣誉而战
- fight for higher wages and better conditions of labour 为高薪与更好的工作环境而抗争
- fight for one's life 为生活而奔波
- fight for the liberty and peace 为自由与和平而战
- fight like a lion 像狮子一样勇猛战斗
- fight over 争夺,为…争吵
- fight to a finish 奋战到底
- fight to the end 奋战到底
- fight to the finish for 为…打到底,为…决一死战
- fight to the very last 战斗到底
- fight with 与…战斗,抵抗
- fight with death 同死神搏斗
- carry a fight through 将战斗进行到底
- get into a fight with 与…打架
- give a fight 打一仗
- lose the fight 战败
- make a fight 打一仗
- put up a good fight 奋勇战斗
- show fight 显示斗志
- take the fight out of 瓦解…的斗志
- win one's fight 打胜仗
- bitter fight 苦战
- bloody fight 血战
- decisive fight 决战
- defensive fight 防御战
- dry fight 不流血的斗争
- equal fight 实力相当的拳击赛
- fierce fight 激战
- good fight 漂亮仗
- hand-to-hand fight 肉搏战
- hard fight 硬仗
- losing fight 失败的战斗,败仗
- real fight 真正的斗争
- running fight 追击战
- severe fight 激战
- sharp fight 尖锐的斗争
- stand-up fight 光明正大的斗争
- straight fight 一对一的竞选
- fight on the subject 关于这个问题的争论
The conflicts and fights at sea, in the first Punick warre.出自：P. Holland
He..is ready to fight up to his knees in blood for her Majesty.出自：J. Wolcot
She fought like a maniac.出自：I. Murdoch
When they fought..it was with fists and bottles and furniture.出自：C. Isherwood
They are fighting with their enemy.
They are fighting against their enemy.
- fight既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词作宾语,也可接同源宾语,在接同源宾语时,如其前有形容词最高级,其同源宾语可省略。用作不及物动词时,常与 against , back, for, off, out等词连用。
- fight with既可表示“与…争斗”,又可表示“与…并肩作战”,须据上下文确定其具体含义。例如:They fought with the Italians in the last war and against them in this.上次战争中他们同意大利并肩作战,而在这次战争中他们同意大利作战。
- fight against, fight with
1.fight against和fight with的意思相仿,都表示“同…作战”“同…斗争 ”,其后接动作的对象,但fight against着重在困难中抵抗。例如:You will have to fight against difficulties.你必须克服困难。We may fight against our own feelings or desires.我们可能会克制自己的感情和欲望。2.fight with表示“用…作战”,其后多接工具。例如:In former times, people used to fight with swords.早些时候,人们用剑进行格斗。
- fight for, fight over
两者意思并不完全相同。其区别在于:1.fight for的意思是“为…作战”,后接动作的目的。例如:They fought for independence.他们为独立而战。He was away for three years fighting for his country.为了保卫祖国,他离家去打了三年仗。2.fight over的意思是“为…而争吵”。例如:He and his wife are always fighting over who will do the housework.他们夫妻俩经常为谁应做家务而互相争吵。
- fight, contend, cope
这组词的共同意思是“争斗”。其区别在于:1.contend表示与某人对峙或对立的争斗,侧重指压倒对方的欲望或所作出的努力; cope指均等之势的抗衡、对抗,也可指面临灾难、困难或变故等; fight指精神方面的战斗及用拳头或用武器进行打斗,强调体力和勇气。2.contend和cope多用作不及物动词,后常接介词with; 而fight除可用作动词外,也可用作名词。
- fight, quarrel, row
这三个词的共同意思是“争吵”。它们的区别是:1.quarrel一般指因意见不一致而发生“争吵”; fight常指因某件事而发生冲突。例如:The quarrel originates in a misunderstanding.此口角由误会引起。The police broke up the fight.警察阻止了斗殴。2.quarrel通常是口角之争; 而fight则是口、拳或脚交加,更常指“打仗”。例如:He felt obliged to leave after such an unpleasant quarrel.在如此不愉快的争吵之后,他被迫离去。Have you been fighting with your brother again?你又跟弟弟打架了吧?We must arouse them to fight for their own emancipation.我们必须唤起他们为其自身的解放而斗争。3.row主要用于打架、示威,强调公开化。
- fight, struggle
这两个词都有“斗争”的意思。其区别在于:fight的含义具体,也可指为某一目标而斗争,但多指真刀真枪地搏斗; struggle的含义抽象,指在逆境中拼搏,以期达到某种目的。例如:We must struggle difficulties.我们必须与困难作斗争。Martin struggled in the dark, without advice, without encouragement.马丁在黑暗中挣扎,没有人给他出主意,没有人给他鼓励。
- Britain fought with France.
- X fought Y.
- X fought against Y.
- X fought with Y.
- X and Y fought each other X和Y作斗争。
- Mond and Joe fought together yesterday.
- Mond and Joe fought together against a thief yesterday.
- fight, battle, combat, conflict, encounter, war
这组词的共同意思是“战斗”。其区别是：1.battle指两支强大的军队在某一地点进行的长时间的、大规模的战役,也可比喻表示“奋斗”“努力”等意思; war是指国与国之间或国内不同派别之间的公开的大规模战争; fight指两个人或两个组织之间的战争,尤指短兵相接的肉搏厮杀,也可指精神方面的激烈斗争或动物之间的争斗; encounter多指偶然相遇所引起的短时间的冲突或交战,是敌对双方在无计划、无准备的情况下所进行的遭遇战,也可用来指非偶发性的交战; combat泛指军事行动,尤指较小规模的战斗,多指人与人之间的战争,也可指动物之间的争斗; conflict可指实际战争,但更多地指精神方面的冲突和斗争。2.war包含有多次的battle; fight是普通用语; combat与fight相比,含义较抽象笼统,但与conflict相比却较具体; conflict概念较fight更抽象,语体也较正式。
- battle war campaign struggle warfare fight combat engagement
误 Great Britain fought against Germany with French in two wars.
正 Great Britain fought with French against Germany in two wars.
析 fight with sb against sb 为固定结构,意思是“与某人共同对…作战”。
误 They were fighting against the floods.
正 They were fighting the floods.
析 在表示与自然灾害或火灾等作斗争时, fight后须直接跟宾语,不接against。
错句：they prepared themselves to fight against the flood.
纠正：they prepared themselves to fight the flood.
- ☆ 直接源自古英的语feohtan；最初源自原始日耳曼的语fekhtanan，意为打架。
- FIGHT:Freedom-Integration-God-Honor-Today (civil rights group; Rochester, NY)Freedom-Integration-God-Honor-Today(民事权利,纽约罗彻斯特集团
- FIGHT:Families of Inmates Given Harsh Treatment家庭的严酷的对待囚犯给
- FIGHT:Finding Inside Guts To Honor Tenacity里面找到勇气荣誉坚韧
- fight:fight n. 打架, 战斗, 斗志vi. 打仗, 搏斗, 对抗, 打架vt. 与...打仗, 指挥战斗, 反对...提案 英英解释:名词fight:1. the act of fighting;…