- v. 处理；对待；操作；触；买卖
- n. 把手；柄
- 把手，把柄，柄， 拉手，把
- [C]手柄,把手 a part of an object which is specially made for holding it or for opening it
- vt. 处理,应付; 对待 deal with; treat, behave towards
- vt. & vi. 操作 obey controlling movements in the stated way
- vt. 拿,触,摸 pick up, touch, or feel with the hands
the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it;
"he grabbed the hammer by the handle"
"it was an old briefcase but it still had a good grip"
be in charge of, act on, or dispose of;
"I can deal with this crew of workers"
"This blender can't handle nuts"
"She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
interact in a certain way;
"Do right by her"
"Treat him with caution, please"
"Handle the press reporters gently"
act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression;
"This book deals with incest"
"The course covered all of Western Civilization"
"The new book treats the history of China"
touch, lift, or hold with the hands;
"Don't handle the merchandise"
"The burglar wielded an axe"
"The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well"
show and train;
"The prize-winning poodle was handled by Mrs. Priscilla Prescott"
- I was impressed by her handling of the affair.
- The speaker was roughly handled by the mob.
- He's not a very good teacher---he doesn't know how to handle children.
- He knows how to handle the machine.
- Customers are asked not to handle the goods in the shop.
- We don't handle that sort of book.
- I turned the handle and opened the door.
- With a violent twist,he wrenched off the handle.
- The handle of the hammer came away easily.
- She burnt herself on a red-hot pan handle.
- Blade and handle are the component parts of a knife.
- Be sure to take hold of the handle of an ax when you chop things with it.
- He gave her a handle against him.
- This car handled easily.
- The troops handled well.
- He refused to allow his secretary to handle confidential letters.
- His wise father knows how to handle him.
- Do you know how to handle the machine?
- This shop does not handle imported goods.
- Wash your hands before you handle my books, please.
- Please don't handle the merchandise.
- The speaker was roughly handled by the crowd.
- We hold that the affairs of a given country must be handled by its own people.
- give〔put〕 a handle to
给人以姓名give a name to
- teacup with handle 有把手的茶杯
- handle well 操作得很好
- handle delicately〔properly〕 精心〔适当〕地处理
- handle easily 容易操作
- handle fairly〔harshly〕 公平〔粗暴〕对待
He lifted the handles to propel the cart onwards.出自： D. Lessing
Over his other arm a long umbrella..hangs by an ornate handle.出自： H. Bascom
Wool has superior handle and resilience.出自：Belle (Australia)
I have..been in the habit of wearing gloves when I handle the notes.出自： G. Greene
There was an intrinsic satisfaction in handling and touching natural things.出自： B. Emecheta
- handle主要用作及物动词,宾语可以是人或事物; 偶尔用作不及物动词,其主动形式往往表示被动意义。
- deal with，cope with，dispose of，manage，handle
- deal with既可指处理具体事情，也可指处理或解决具有抽象意义的问题。
- cope with指成功地处理或对付更为重大，更为严重的问题或事物。
- dispose of与deal with同义，普通用法。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的handle，意为某种动作的结果。