- [C][U]笑话,玩笑 thing said or done to cause amusement, laughter, etc.
- [S]可笑的人、事物、情形 ridiculous person, thing or situation
- vi. 开玩笑,戏弄 say or do things to cause laughter or amusement
- a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter;
"he told a very funny joke"
"he knows a million gags"
"thanks for the laugh"
"he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"
"even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
- activity characterized by good humor
- a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement
- a triviality not to be taken seriously;
"I regarded his campaign for mayor as a joke"
- tell a joke; speak humorously;
"He often jokes even when he appears serious"
- act in a funny or teasing way
- He closed his speech with a funny joke.
- I'm sorry but I can't see the joke.
- It is no joke.
- He can't take a joke.
- He's someone I have an occasional chat and joke with.
- You must be joking.
- Are you joking with us?
His joke fell flat because nobody understood it.
Her joke suddenly clicked with us and we all laughed.
Once they understood the joke, they broke out into laughter.
The comedian's joke elicited applause and laughter from the audience.
Being a foreigner, he did not catch on the joke.
His cheerful joke made us forget our weariness.
She didn't know why we were laughing at that joke; in a little while she caught on and laughed too.
They all doubled up when I told my joke.
Henry played a joke on John, and next day John got back at him.
I know you're really awake; you're just playing a joke upon me.
When Bill was angry with Bob,Bob made a joke, and it cleared the air between them.
I don't mind a joke, but this is going too far.
My remark was not intended as a joke.
He ducked a question with a joke.
“Is this new man funny, then?”“Funny! The way he tells these jokes will knock them in the aisles!”
His jokes amused the crying child.
Don't be upset; I was only joking.
He's always joking; rarely do we see him in such a solemn mood.
It is not a subject to joke upon.
- be beyond a joke
不是闹着玩的事; 正经的事 be〔become〕 a serious matter
The state of the wall where people have scribbled on it is beyond a joke. 那堵墙面被人乱涂一气,使人极为恼火。
- 不是闹着玩的事; 正经的事 be〔become〕 a serious matter
- be no joke
非常严重 be serious
It's no joke when your brakes fail on the motorway. 在高速公路上行驶时刹车失灵的后果是非常严重的。
Trying to find a job these days is no joke,I can tell you. 我实话告诉你,现在想找份工作可不易。
It is no joke carrying these heavy bags. 搬运这些沉重的袋子可不是闹着玩的。
- 非常严重 be serious
- crack a joke
讲笑话,开玩笑 speak funny story
She cracked a joke. 她说了一个笑话。
To the great amusement of the other travellers, he cracked jokes all the way from Nanjing to Shanghai. 从南京到上海,他一路上讲笑话,逗得其他旅客笑个不停。
- 讲笑话,开玩笑 speak funny story
- have a joke with
与(某人)一起以某事取笑 share the pleasure of laughing at sth with sb
He's someone I have an occasional chat and joke with. 我偶尔和他闲聊,一起说笑话。
- 与(某人)一起以某事取笑 share the pleasure of laughing at sth with sb
- practical joke
恶作剧 prank that makes fun at sb else's expense
He had a bellyful of practical jokes. 他搞恶作剧已经搞够了。
Chales likes playing practical jokes on other people, but he doesn't like them played on him. 查尔斯喜欢开别人的玩笑,但却不喜欢别人开他的玩笑。
- 恶作剧 prank that makes fun at sb else's expense
- sick joke
试图使人发笑但作用完全相反的笑话 remark intended to be funny but made in bad taste
And then he told a sick joke about two people in wheelchairs. 然后,他讲了一个两个人坐在轮椅里的笑话,但那并不使人发笑。
- 试图使人发笑但作用完全相反的笑话 remark intended to be funny but made in bad taste
- take a joke
经得起开玩笑 accept playful remarks or tricks with good humour
Can't you take a joke? 难道你开不起玩笑吗?
- 经得起开玩笑 accept playful remarks or tricks with good humour
- joke about (v.+prep.)
不严肃地对待 treat sth not seriously joke about sth/v-ing
Don't joke about his eyes.不要拿他的眼睛开玩笑。
You should not joke about his mistake.你不应该取笑他的错误。
They joked about his inaptitude.他们取笑他的笨拙。
They joked about being in the play, but they really took it very seriously.他们对参加演戏一事开玩笑,但实际上他们对待这件事是很严肃的。
- 不严肃地对待 treat sth not seriously joke about sth/v-ing
- joke with (v.+prep.)
同…一起讲笑话; 开…的玩笑 share a joke with sb; have fun with sb; make a joke about sb joke with sb
I'm not serious; I'm only joking with you.我并没有当真,只是和你开个玩笑。
They were joking with each other.他们在互相开玩笑。joke with sb about sth/v-ing
He joked with me about this matter.他拿那件事来取笑我。
They joked with me about my coming late.他们拿我来晚了这件事开玩笑。
- 同…一起讲笑话; 开…的玩笑 share a joke with sb; have fun with sb; make a joke about sb joke with sb
- You must be〔have got to be〕 joking
- 一定在开玩笑(用以嘲笑不可信的事) used to express mocking disbelief
- become the joke of 成为…的笑料
- carry the joke too far 开玩笑开得太过分了
- catch a joke 领会玩笑的意思
- cut a joke 说笑话,开玩笑
- flash joke 卖弄笑话
- have a joke 开个玩笑
- make a joke 开个玩笑
- play a joke 开个玩笑
- push the joke too far 开玩笑开得太过分了
- report joke 转述笑话
- see the joke 明白笑话的意思,理解幽默之所在
- share joke 分享笑话
- smile at the joke 听到这笑话笑起来
- take a joke 被人开玩笑,经得住开玩笑
- tell jokes 说笑话
- tell sb a joke 给某人讲一个笑话
- turn sth into a joke 把某事当成儿戏
- understand a joke 理解玩笑的意思
- bad joke 恶意的笑话,拙劣的玩笑
- blue joke 下流的笑话
- broad joke 黄色笑话
- capital joke 绝妙的笑话
- cheap joke 庸俗的笑话,低级的笑话
- clean joke 健康的玩笑
- coarse joke 粗俗的笑话
- colossal joke 天大的笑话
- complete joke 十足的笑料
- crude joke 粗俗的笑话
- current joke 流行的笑话
- cynical joke 玩世不恭的笑话,冷嘲热讽的笑话
- dirty joke 荤段子
- dull joke 沉闷的笑话
- endless joke 没有尽头的笑话
- foolish joke 愚蠢的玩笑
- funny joke 有趣的笑话
- good joke 善意的玩笑
- heartless joke 残酷的笑话
- hilarious joke 极有趣的笑话
- horrible joke 恐怖的笑话
- huge joke 天大的笑话
- indelicate joke 不合时宜的笑话
- innocent joke 无恶意的笑话
- inopportune joke 粗俗的笑话
- mutual joke 彼此的笑话
- obscene joke 猥亵的笑话
- obvious joke 显而易见的笑话
- off-colour joke 下流的玩笑
- old joke 陈腐的笑话
- outrageous joke 令人不能容忍的笑话
- practical joke 恶作剧
- priceless joke 极无趣的笑话,极荒唐的笑话
- questionable joke 有疑问的笑话
- rich joke 有趣的笑话
- rubber-stamp jokes 廉价批发来的笑话
- rude joke 粗鲁的笑话
- satirical joke 挖苦人的笑话
- sick joke (关于死亡、残酷与痛苦等)使人恶心的玩笑
- silly joke 无聊的俏皮话
- sly joke 巧妙的笑话
- smutty joke 下流的笑话
- stale joke 听厌的笑话
- standing joke 笑柄,笑料
- stock joke 老生常谈的笑话
- subtle joke 微妙的笑话
- unintended joke 非故意的笑话
- well-known joke 众所周知的笑话
- worn-out joke 听厌的笑话
- wretched joke 无聊的俏皮话
- joke book 笑话集
- beyond a joke 玩笑开得过分
- for a joke 开开玩笑
- in joke 开玩笑地,不当真地
- of no joke 不是闹着玩的
- but of joke 只是玩笑
- object of a joke 开玩笑的对象
- joke artfully 有品味地说笑话
- joke cheerfully 兴致勃勃地说笑话
- joke cleverly 灵活地说笑话
- joke consciously 有意识地说笑话
- joke constantly 不断地说笑话
- joke delightfully 愉快地说笑话
- joke diplomatically 机敏地说笑话
- joke elatedly 兴高采烈地说笑话
- joke implicitly 含蓄地说笑话
- joke teasingly 揶揄地说笑话
- joke it away 一笑了之
He looked like a little comic picture waiting for the joke to be written underneath.出自：K. Mansfield
Fred had made a joke and Henry hadn't laughed.出自：J. Mortimer
The taxi was..popular when he first arrived..but had rapidly become a joke car.出自：attrib.
You've got to be joking.出自：M. Stewart
Even from his sick bed he laughed and joked with everyone.出自：Star Style (Bombay)
It's too awful even to joke about.出自：P. Roth
- “和某人开玩笑”是joke with sb; “拿某事开玩笑”是joke about sth; “拿某事和某人开玩笑”是joke with sb about sth。习语You must be〔have got to be〕 joking的意思是“你一定是(在)开玩笑”。
- joke偶尔还可用作及物动词,这时可接宾语从句。例如:The French joked that it did not matter what you ate, the taste was always the same.法国人曾开玩笑说,不论你吃什么,其味道都是一样的。
- 在非正式语体中, joke能引出直接引语,作“用玩笑的口吻说道”解。例如:“We have to find people who know the smell of land.Not bureaucrats,”he jokes.他开玩笑说,“我们必须找到了解陆地情况的人,不是官僚”。
- make a joke, make fun
这两个短语的共同意思是“取笑某人”“同某人开玩笑”。其区别是：这两个短语后接的介词不同, make fun后接of; make a joke后接about。例如:
- Don't make fun of an old man.
- Don't make a joke about an old man.
- Don't make a joke about an old man.
- Don't play a joke on an old man.
- Don't have a joke with an old man.
- joke, jest
这两个词都可表示“玩笑”。其区别是：1.jest主要指引人发笑的戏言; 而joke则不仅指开玩笑的“言”,而且还指恶作剧的“行”。例如:Don't jest with the little girl.不要戏弄这个小女孩。2.joke比jest通俗而少优雅。
误 Don't take my words to heart; they were said only in jokes.
正 Don't take my words to heart; they were said only in a joke.
析 “开玩笑”是in a joke,不用复数形式jokes。
- ☆ 1660年左右英进入语，直接源自拉丁语的jocus，意为笑话，开玩笑。
- joke:joke n. 笑话, 玩笑v. (和...)开玩笑习惯用语A joke never gains an enemy but often loses a friend. [谚] 戏谑永远不能化敌为友,…