- n. 谈话，讨论；（一系列的）演讲，文章
- vi. 讲述；谈话
- vt. 叙述；讨论
- [C]论文;演说;讲道 lengthy and serious treatment of a subject in speech or writing
- vi. 讲述，著述 talk,preach or lecture about sth
extended verbal expression in speech or writing
an address of a religious nature (usually delivered during a church service)
an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic;
"the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic"
"his treatment of the race question is badly biased"
to consider or examine in speech or writing;
"The author talks about the different aspects of this question"
"The class discussed Dante's `Inferno'"
carry on a conversation
talk at length and formally about a topic;
"The speaker dissertated about the social politics in 18th century England"
- The judges had solemn discourse together.
- They listened to his discourse on human relations.
- He discoursed impressively on Newton's theory of gravity.
- The teacher is discoursing with him.
- The old man discoursed his experiences when he was a child.
- We'll discourse on the subject tonight.
- We listened to a discourse on the evils of drugs.
- He discoursed on ancient Roman art.
The Dog..we see is plentifully furnished with inward discourse.出自： W. Raleigh
You needn't stop to discourse with sympathetic listeners.出自： L. M. Montgomery