- 把...挂起，挂在墙上， 挂在…之上
- vt. & vi. 悬,挂,垂下 support from above so that the lower end is free bent down or forward; drop
- vt. 贴,固定,安装 fix (wallpaper) on a wall; fix (a door) in position on hinges
- vt. & vi. (被)绞死,吊死 die, especially in punishment for a crime, by dropping with a rope around the neck
- a special way of doing something;
"he had a bent for it"
"he had a special knack for getting into trouble"
"he couldn't get the hang of it"
- the way a garment hangs;
"he adjusted the hang of his coat"
- a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
- be suspended or hanging;
"The flag hung on the wall"
- cause to be hanging or suspended;
"Hang that picture on the wall"
- kill by hanging;
"The murderer was hanged on Friday"
- let drop or droop;
"Hang one's head in shame"
- fall or flow in a certain way;
"This dress hangs well"
"Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive;
"This worry hangs on my mind"
"The cloud of suspicion hangs over her"
- give heed (to);
"The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"
"She hung on his every word"
"They attended to everything he said"
- be suspended or poised;
"Heavy fog hung over the valley"
- hold on tightly or tenaciously;
"hang on to your father's hands"
"The child clung to his mother's apron"
- be exhibited;
"Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
- prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
- decorate or furnish with something suspended;
- be placed in position as by a hinge;
"This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
- place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction;
"hang a door"
- suspend (meat) in order to get a gamey taste;
"hang the venison for a few days"
- You may hang your coat on the hook.
- I'll hang the pictures as high as I can.
- All the shirts hang together in the same wardrobe.
- Her hair hung long in the back.
- Cigarette smoke hung in the air.
- He was hanged for murder.
- The hang of the curtain shows that somebody is standing behind it.
- She was condemned to hang for killing her husband.
My coat is hanging in the hall.
Your photograph is hanging in the drawing room.
A full moon hung in the sky.
The folds of her evening gown hang gracefully.
Dark clouds hung overhead, and a heavy snow fell.
The door hangs badly.
The decision is still hanging.
He hung between staying and going.
He was hanged for his crimes.
The clouds are hanging low today.
Her hair hung long in the back.
Will you hang the curtains?
The flavour improves if you hang it for a few days.
She hung her head in shame.
He tried to hang himself.
Never hang a man twice for one offence.
Hang it all! we can't wait all day for him.
Hang you!Why don't you watch where you're going?
Slogans were hung in the hall.
The trees were thickly hung with fruit.
The murderer was caught and hanged.
Mossolini was hanged by the Italian people.
I'll be hung if I know.
I'm hung if he didn't ask me to lend him another fifty pounds.
- hang about〔around, round〕1 (v.+adv.)
闲逛; 闲呆着 wait or spend time somewhere, especially doing nothing; linger about
The library hasn't opened yet, so I have to hang about here. 图书馆还没开门,所以我只得在这儿呆着。
Why do these young fellows hang about all day doing nothing? 这些小伙子为什么整天闲逛着无所事事?
Please stop hanging about and do something useful. 请停止闲逛而做些有益的事。
I didn't know what he wanted to be hanging around there for. 我不明白他在那儿闲呆着干什么。
Let's hang around a while. 我们等一会吧。
They were hanging round for about an hour. 他们在周围闲呆了大约一个小时。
耽搁,延误 delay or move slowly
Don't hang about — we have a train to catch! 不要耽搁,我们要赶火车呢!
Don't hang about. We might be late. 别磨磨蹭蹭的,我们可能会迟到的。
迫近,即将来临 be imminent; impend
There's thunder hanging about. 雷声在不远处轰轰地响着。
Christmas is hanging about.The children are very happy. 圣诞节就要到了,孩子们都很高兴。
- 闲逛; 闲呆着 wait or spend time somewhere, especially doing nothing; linger about
- hang about〔around, round〕2 (v.+prep.)
围着,缠住 swing from or round sb/sth hang about〔around, round〕 sb/sth
The children hung about their mother, hoping to hear a fairy tale.孩子们缠住了母亲,想听一则童话。
Several teenage fans hung around the stage door to get a glimpse of the actor.几个十几岁的影迷围着舞台的门口一睹那位演员的风采。
The children hung about Grandpa Wang, hoping to hear a story.孩子们围着王大爷,想听他讲个故事。
Several children were hanging round the toy shop window.几个孩子正围着那个玩具店橱窗。
She had a strange object hanging round her waist.她腰间围着一件奇怪的东西。
- 围着,缠住 swing from or round sb/sth hang about〔around, round〕 sb/sth
- hang back (v.+adv.)
挂回 put to return to some place hang sth ⇔ back
He took his neighbour's clothes by mistake, so he hung them back outside.他错收了邻居家的衣服,于是又把它们挂回原处。
退缩,犹豫 hesitate; show unwilling to act or advance hang back
Jane is afraid of people, she always hangs back when we take her to a party.简怕见人,我们带她去参加聚会时,她总是退缩。
The big boys jumped into the river, but little Ned hung back.大些的男孩都跳下河了,但小内德畏缩不前。
We tried to get her to go swimming with us, but she hung back.我们尽力让她和我们去游泳,但她犹豫不决。
He hung back before replying.他在回答前犹豫了一阵子。
The bridge looked unsafe and so we all hung back in fear.桥看上去不安全,所以我们都没有上去,担心万一出事。
Tom offered the little girl candy, but she was shy and hung back.汤姆给这小女孩糖果,但她害羞而不敢要。
Often I hung back after classes to ask more questions.课后我常常留下来再问一些问题。hang back from sth
The child always hung back from any activities.那个孩子总是什么活动都不愿参加。hang back from v-ing
When the police came around asking questions, he hung back from giving information.警察前来询问时,他迟疑不决,不敢报告情况。
They hung back from committing themselves to the scheme until they knew more about it.他们对计划了解得更详细以后才表示参加。
- 挂回 put to return to some place hang sth ⇔ back
- hang behind1 (v.+adv.)
落在后面 remain somewhere when others have left; be slow to join hang behind
Walk faster, or you'll hang behind.快点儿走,否则你就落在后面了。
A few students hung behind after class to speak to the teacher.下课后,有几个同学留下来跟老师谈话。
Tom is so annoying whenever we go on a trip, always hanging behind.汤姆真讨厌,每当我们去远足,他总是落在后面。
- 落在后面 remain somewhere when others have left; be slow to join hang behind
- hang behind2 (v.+prep.)
挂在…后面 fix sth behind hang behind sth
His coat is hanging behind the door.他的外套挂在门后。
- 挂在…后面 fix sth behind hang behind sth
- hang by (v.+prep.)
由…吊着 (cause to) swing from (sth such a rope); be held by hang by sth
A door hangs by its hinges.门是用铰链装上的。
When we drew the bucket up from the well, we saw that the rope had worn away , and the bucket was left hanging by a very thin thread.当我们把水桶从井里提上来,发现绳子几乎要磨断了,水桶仅由一根细线吊着。
The climber hung by his fingers for over an hour until his companions could bring a rope.那位登山者靠手指扒着悬了一个多小时,直到他的伙伴找来了一根绳子。hang sb by sth
The bandits hung him by a rope from the branch of a tree.匪徒们用绳子把他吊在一棵树上。
- 由…吊着 (cause to) swing from (sth such a rope); be held by hang by sth
- hang down (v.+adv.)
挂下来 be held or suspended from above hang down
Her hair was hanging down.她的头发披散着。
The branches hung down to the ground with the weight of the apples.果实累累的苹果树枝低垂到地面。hang sth ⇔ down
He hung down his head and did not answer.他低下头,没有回答。hang down on〔upon〕 sth
His red hair hung down upon his white face.他的红发披在他那惨白的脸上。
Her hair hung down on her shoulders.她的秀发披在肩上。
Two black plaits hung down on her back.她两根黑黑的辫子垂在背上。
- 挂下来 be held or suspended from above hang down
- hang from (v.+prep.)
悬挂 fix sth at the top so that the lower part is free hang from sth
Big lights hung from the ceiling.天花板上吊着几盏大吊灯。
The family wash hung from the windows.那家人洗的衣物从窗口挂了出来。
Long streamers hung from the tops of tall buildings.长幅标语从高高的楼顶上垂挂下来。
The key was kept hanging from a string round his neck.那把钥匙用线拴着挂在他的脖子上。
吊在… put sb to death by dropping him from above with a rope round his neck hang from sth
Nine massacred comrades were hanging from a big tree on the slope of the western mountain.西山坡的大树上,吊着9个被害同志的尸首。hang sb/oneself from sth
The last Ming dynasty emperor hanged himself from this tree.明朝的最后一个皇帝就是在这棵树上吊死的。
- 悬挂 fix sth at the top so that the lower part is free hang from sth
- hang in (v.+adv.)
不泄气,坚持下去 refuse to be discouraged or intimidated; show pluck; persist hang in
Hang in, boys!孩子们,别泄气!
We must hang in whenever we come across difficulties.我们遇到困难时一定要坚持不懈。
- 不泄气,坚持下去 refuse to be discouraged or intimidated; show pluck; persist hang in
- hang on1 (v.+adv.)
紧紧抓住 keep hold of sth hang on
Help! I can't hang on any longer.快帮忙,我快要抓不住了。
Don't let go.Hang on tight.别松手,紧紧抓住。
Although the branch was breaking, he hung on.尽管树枝快断了,他还是抓住不放。hang on to sth
There are some people who hang on to their jobs long after they should have retired.某些人本来早该退休,却还抓住工作不放。
Whatever I've got,I'm going to hang on to it.不管我得到什么,我都打算紧紧把握住它。
坚持下去 go on; manage to survive until the situation improved hang on
He did not expect them to hang on much longer.他估计他们坚持不了多久了。
It's hard work, but if you hang on, you are sure to succeed in the end.工作是够艰苦的,但只要坚持下去,最终你会成功的。
Though we are not promoted, we still hang on.尽管我们未被提升,我们还是继续干下去。
You should be relieving me of the duty at 10:30, but don't hurry if it's inconvenient; I'll hang on till you arrive.你应该在十点三十分接我的班,但如果不方便的话,你不用急急忙忙赶来,你没到之前,我会继续干下去。hang on to sth
John did not like his job, but he decided to hang on to it until he found a better one.约翰不喜欢他的工作,但他决定干下去,直到找到更好的工作。
等候 wait hang on
Will you hang on a minute?I'm not quite ready.等一下好吗?我还没准备妥当呢。
Hang on, please. He is coming in a minute.请等一等,他马上就来。
别放下听筒 ask sb who is calling to wait until they can talk to the person they want hang on
I'm sorry the line is busy, would you like to hang on?很遗憾电话占线,请不要挂断。
I asked him to hang on while I ran for a pencil and a sheet of paper.我让他别放听筒,我去找笔和纸。
- 紧紧抓住 keep hold of sth hang on
- hang on2〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
把…挂在…上 put up or suspend sth with the bottom end down hang sth on〔upon〕 sth
Hang your coat on the hook.把你的上衣挂在挂钩上。
She was hanging her washing (out) on the line.她正把洗完的衣服挂在(外面的)晾衣绳上。
The teacher hung a map of Europe on the wall when she taught geography in Europe.当讲述欧洲地理时,老师在墙上挂了一张欧洲地图。用于 be ～ed 结构
Cornucopias are hung on Christmas trees.圣诞树上挂着糖果纸袋。
专注地听 listen eagerly to hang on〔upon〕 sth
They hung on every word he said.他们全神贯注地听他讲的每一句话。
We are all hanging on your answer.我们都在渴望得到你的答复。
倚在,靠在,依靠 lean or support oneself upon hang on sth
Please don't hang on my arm so heavily.请不要这么重重地靠在我臂上。
She hung on his neck and wept.她搂着他的脖子哭。
取决于 depend on hang on〔upon〕 sth
Whether we can succeed or not hangs upon this single action.成败在此一举。
His future hangs on the outcome of their discussion.他的前途取决于他们的讨论结果。
His election hangs on one vote.只要多一票他就能当选了。
The case hangs upon the judge's opinion of the prisoner's character.这个案子取决于法官对囚犯品性的看法。
Everything hangs on your decision.一切都取决于你的决定。hang on〔upon〕 wh-clause
Everything hangs on where they went next.一切取决于他们下一步的行程。
The result will hang on whether the secret is discovered.结果要看这个秘密有没有被发现。
- 把…挂在…上 put up or suspend sth with the bottom end down hang sth on〔upon〕 sth
- hang onto (v.+prep.)
紧紧抓住,不放弃 hold tightly; keep or retain sth hang onto sth
It was so windy that I had to hang onto my hat all the way along the street.风很大,一路上我不得不按紧我的帽子。
He hung onto the branch though it was broken.树枝折断了,可他还抓住不放。
We should hang onto the house and sell it later when prices are higher.我们应该保留这座房屋,等以后房价上涨时再出售。
- 紧紧抓住,不放弃 hold tightly; keep or retain sth hang onto sth
- hang out (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉居住 live; dwell hang out
Can you tell me where Jim hangs out?你能告诉我吉姆住哪儿吗?
This is your friend John, is it?And where does he hang out?这是你的朋友约翰,是吧?他住在哪里?
伸出; 前靠 lean out; thrust oneself out hang out
Your shirt tail is hanging out.你的衬衣下摆露在外面。
The dog's tongue was hanging out.狗的舌头伸在外面。hang out of sth
Don't hang out of the window, it's dangerous.别把身子探出窗外去,那很危险。
晾晒; 挂出去 show sth out of door hang sth ⇔ out
Hang out the flag, the victory is ours.把旗帜挂出去,胜利属于我们。
She hung out the wet clothes on the line to dry.她把湿衣服晾在外面的绳子上。hang out of sth
A white banner was hanging out of the window.一面白旗挂在窗子外面。
不屈服,坚持下去 be unyielding; persevere hang out
Can you make the food hang out until next payday?你能使这些食物维持到下一个发薪日吗?
The besieged garrison managed to hang out for ten days, after which their supplies became exhausted.被围困的驻军设法坚持了十天,后来他们的给养完全耗尽了。
Our food supply will hang out for only two or three days more.我们的食物贮备只能维持两三天了。
It is doubtful whether our resources will hang out for two or three days more.我们的资源能否再维持两三天以上,值得怀疑。
- 〈非正〉居住 live; dwell hang out
- hang over1 (v.+adv.)
搁置起来,存留下来 effect resulting from an earlier event or state; remain hang over
The custom hangs over from the old days.这种风俗是旧时留下来的。
They let the final decision hang over until next week.他们待下周再作出最后决定。
- 搁置起来,存留下来 effect resulting from an earlier event or state; remain hang over
- hang over2 (v.+prep.)
挂在…之上,悬浮在…之上 lean over; cover; be placed above or on top of sb/sth hang over sb/sth
This picture hangs over the mantle.这幅画挂在壁炉架的上方。
The trees grow so tall that they hang over the river from either side.树长得很高,从河的两岸悬在河面上。
White clouds hung over the mountain peaks.山峰上白云缭绕。
The incident happened in the morning still hung like a cloud over them.早上发生的事,还像一片乌云似的罩在他们心头。hang sth over sth
His wife hung a beautiful curtain over the window.他的妻子把漂亮的窗帘挂在窗户上。用于 be ～ed 结构
A beautiful doll is hung over the window.窗上挂着一个漂亮的洋娃娃。
威胁,即将降临或发生 be going to happen; threaten sb/sth hang over sb/sth
A great danger will hang over him.他大难临头了。
I hate to have unfinished work hanging over me.我讨厌让未做完的工作使我牵肠挂肚。
The uncertainty of war hung over Europe for twenty years.二十年来,爆发战争的可能性一直威胁着欧洲。
- 挂在…之上,悬浮在…之上 lean over; cover; be placed above or on top of sb/sth hang over sb/sth
- hang together (v.+adv.)
相配合,不矛盾 fit in together; be consistent
Your idea doesn't hang together. 你的想法没有道理。
Your story doesn't hang very well together. 你的故事前后矛盾。
His story of why he was absent from school seems to hang together. 他说明了自己没有到校的原因,讲得似乎合情合理。
互相支持,团结一致 support one another; unite
If we don't hang together we may all hang separately. 如果我们不团结起来,我们会被一个个地绞死。
We can come through any crisis if we hang together. 只要我们团结合作,什么困难都能克服。
We must hang together, or our plan will fail. 我们必须齐心协力,否则我们的计划就会失败。
- 相配合,不矛盾 fit in together; be consistent
- hang up (v.+adv.)
挂上,挂住,挂起 place on a hook; put on a hook or hanger; put up or suspend sth with the bottom end down hang up
Decorations are hanging up everywhere in the city on the Spring Festival.春节期间城里到处张灯结彩。
Tools hanging up in the shed are never used.挂在木屋中的工具从未用过。hang sth ⇔ up
You can hang up your raincoat there.你可以把雨衣挂在那儿。
They hung up their coats.他们把外套挂好。
Hang your hat up.把你的帽子挂起来。
They hung up a portrait of Lu Hsun on the wall.他们把一幅鲁迅的画像挂在墙上。用于 be ～ed 结构
In winter, when clothes are washed, they are often hung up near a fire. And they get drier and drier.冬天衣服洗了,常挂在火旁边,衣服变得越来越干。
使等候,拖延,耽搁 cause await; delay hang sth ⇔ up
The bad weather has hung up the work of excavation.天气不好耽误了挖掘工作。
The accident hung up the traffic for several hours.车祸使交通中断了数小时。用于 be ～ed 结构
The plan has been hung up.该项计划已被搁置。
The work must not be hung up for any reason.这件事无论如何不能拖延。
将电话听筒挂上 put a telephone receiver down hang up
After she finished her conversation, she hung up.她谈完之后,把电话挂了。
Please hang up properly after calling.通话后请把话筒挂好。
Before I could answer him, he hung up.我还没有来得及回答,他就把电话挂断了。hang sth ⇔ up
While I was talking with a friend on the phone he suddenly hung it up.我正同一位朋友通电话时,对方突然把电话挂了。
Time is up.I have to hang up the receiver now.时间到了,我必须挂断电话了。hang up on sb
I was so angry that I hang up on him.我一气之下挂断了他的电话。
I didn't have a chance to apologize, she hung up on me.我没机会道歉,她没容我讲完就挂断了电话。
- 挂上,挂住,挂起 place on a hook; put on a hook or hanger; put up or suspend sth with the bottom end down hang up
- hang with (v.+prep.)
以…装饰 decorate sth with sth hang sth with sth
We hang the walls with wallpaper once a year.我们每年往墙上贴一次壁纸。常用于 be ～ed 结构
The walls of the restaurant were hung with paintings done by the owner's daughter.饭店的墙壁上挂着老板女儿作的画。
The room is hung with flags.室内挂着旗。
The rooms were hung with tapestries.房间里都装饰着挂毯。
- 以…装饰 decorate sth with sth hang sth with sth
- hang a lamp from the ceiling 将一吊灯吊在天花板上
- hang a picture on the wall 把一张画挂在墙上
- hang a scythe 装镰刀把
- hang an oil painting 挂油画
- hang curtains 挂窗帘
- hang curtains over the window 把窗帘挂在窗上
- hang door on its hinges 把门安装到铰链上
- hang it 该死
- hang one's coat on the hook 把外衣挂在衣钩上
- hang one's head and admit one's quilt 低头认罪
- hang oneself 自缢,吊死
- hang the hall with red flags 用红旗装饰大厅
- hang the jury 因陪审团意见不一而无法作出判决
- hang the lip 撇嘴以示轻蔑
- hang the washing out 把洗过的衣物晾晒在外面
- hang wallpaper 贴壁纸
- hang badly 装得转动不灵活
- hang breathlessly 吊得透不过气来
- hang conspicuously 醒目地装饰
- hang disconsolately 忧郁地犹豫不决
- hang doggedly 固执地拖延
- hang dolefully 悲惨地绞死
- hang fatefully 致命地绞死
- hang fondly 愚蠢地拖延
- hang gracefully 优美地飘垂着
- hang lankly 细长地垂下
- hang listlessly 无精打采地拖延
- hang loosely 宽松地披着
- hang precariously 根据不足地搁置
- hang stubbornly 顽固地拖延
- hang unevenly 不平直下垂
- hang well 很合身
- hang about〔around, round〕 无所事事地等待,进展缓慢
- hang back 犹豫,畏缩不前
- hang behind 留下来,落在后面
- hang down 披下来
- hang the head down (羞得)低下头
- hang off 挂断电话
- hang on 紧握着,(打电话时)不挂断,坚持下去,密切注意
- hang out 把身子探出窗外,挂出窗外或门外,闲逛
- hang it out 怠工
- hang out the red flag 宣战
- hang out the white flag 投降
- hang out two shirts 把两件衬衣拿出去晾
- hang over 伸过去,(从某一时间)延续下来,遗留下来
- hang up 挂断电话,推迟,暂停
- hang up a mark 创新纪录
- hang up one's hat in sb's house 在别人家久留不走
- hang up the numbers 宣布比赛结果
- hang about〔around, round〕 (使)环绕(身体某部位)摆动,晃动,在(某处)附近等待,呆在(某处)附近
- hang about the streets 在街上闲荡
- hang between staying and going 去留不决
- hang by the eyelid 系得不牢,易于落下
- hang by the wall 束之高阁
- hang from the ceiling 吊在天花板上
- hang in doubt 疑惑不决
- hang in suspense 悬而不决
- hang in the balance wind 安危未定,成败未决
- hang on 把…晾在…上,靠在…上,依…而定,依…而变化,密切注意…,急切等待
- hang heavy on 使劳累
- hang one on 向…猛击一拳,大醉
- hang on sb's lips 听得入神
- hang on sb's sleeve 依赖某人
- hang on sb's words 仔细听某人的话
- hang a picture on the wall 在墙上挂一幅图画
- hang over (使)悬〔伏〕在…上,威胁,笼罩
- hang to 缠住,紧贴着
The minute adjustments to..the hang of a skirt.出自：A. Brookner
In the next garden but one, a woman was hanging washing on the line.出自：P. Mortimer
Where did we finally decide to hang those two Broidal portraits..?出自：G. Charles
- hang的基本意思是“悬”“挂”,一般指把某物悬挂在高处或线上,由此下垂并能够摆动,引申可表示某物依赖于他物的状态; 某物缠在或贴在他物之上的状态以及一切能使人由悬挂的情景联想到的事物或状态。hang还可作“吊死,绞死”解。
- hang可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时,主动形式含有被动意义。
- 在正式英语中, hang作“绞死”解时,其过去式和过去分词为hanged, hanged; 作其他意义解时,其过去式和过去分词为hung, hung。非正式用法无此区别,所有意义皆用hung, hung。
- hang, depend, hinge, turn
这组词都可表示“依赖”“依…而定”。其区别是：depend侧重思想上的悬念,无法进行预测,常指对某物的未来情景捉摸不定; hinge侧重思想上的悬念; hang不太侧重事件的捉摸不定或没把握的成功等; turn侧重旋转和对变化的、偶然的东西的依赖。例如:Whether he goes back to jail depends on whether he violates parole.他是否重回监狱得看他假释期是否犯罪而定。Everything hinges on where we go next.一切要看我们下一步去哪里而定。The future of the company hangs on the outcome of his meeting.公司的前途取决于这次会议的结果。The success of the negotiations turns on getting the agreement of the Italian delegation.谈判的成功依赖于取得意大利代表团的同意。
- hang, dangle, sling, suspend
这组词都有“悬挂”的意思。它们的区别是:hang指一端固定在一点或一条线上,另一端悬在空中的状态,也指依附在一点上; dangle指晃来晃去地吊着某物; sling指用吊索轻松地吊起笨重的物体或指吊在肩上; suspend指悬浮在空中可以灵活运动。例如:Hang the picture on the wall.把画挂在墙上。He sat on the edge of the table dangling his legs.他坐在桌子沿上,悬荡着双腿。He stood up and slung his gun over his shoulder.他站起来把枪往肩上一背。They could see the dust suspended in the beam of light.他们能看见悬浮在那道光中的灰尘。
- hang, kill, murder, shoot
这组词都有“杀(死)”的意思。其区别是：1.kill是一般用语,指任何致死的行动,不能表示“杀而未死”; murder主要指用非法手段蓄意地、有预谋地杀害某人; shoot专指用枪打死或用非法手段暗杀某人,本词有“打(杀)而未必死”之义,故若强调“打(杀)死”时需要其他词的辅助,常见的结构有:shoot...and kill..., shoot...to death, shoot...dead等; hang特指“绞死或吊死”。例如:She killed him with a hammer.她用铁锤砸死了他。He was murdered by his brother.他被他哥哥谋杀了。He shot a lion with his rifle.他用步枪打中一头狮子。He was hanged for murder.他因杀人而被绞死。2.kill的宾语可以用于人,也可用于动物、植物; shoot的宾语可以用于人,也可用于动物; murder, hang的宾语只用于人,不能用于动物、植物。例如:The frost killed the flowers.严霜使花枯死。He shot a bird and killed it.他打中了一只鸟,并且把它打死了。She murdered her husband.她谋杀了她的丈夫。He hanged himself in sorrow after his wife died. 他妻子死后,他在悲痛之下吊死了。
- He pointed to a picture hanging in the cor- ner.
- He pointed to a picture hung in the corner.
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古英语的hngaian；最初源自古挪威语的hngaa，意为吊，悬挂。
- hang:hang n. 悬挂的方式, （动作的）暂停, 中止vt. 悬挂, 附着, 装饰, 绞死, 踌躇, 使悬而未决, 垂下vi. 悬着, 垂下, 被绞死, 悬而不决习惯用语be hanged ... 见鬼…