- n. 表面；外表；平面
- adj. 表面的；肤浅的
- vt. 在 ... 上加表层；使 ... 成平面
- vi. 浮到水面；显露；在表面工作
- 在…上加表面， 为...装面，在...上面加一层， 在 ... 上加表层
- 井外劳动， 在地面（附近）工作，在表面工作
- 把…弄平， 使…（表面）光滑
- [C] 面,表面 the outer part of an object, especially when considered with regard to its roughness or smoothness
- [S] 水面,液体的表面 the top of a body of liquid
- [S] 外表,外观 the part that is easily seen, not the main (hidden) part
the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary;
"there is a special cleaner for these surfaces"
"the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface"
the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object;
"they skimmed over the surface of the water"
"a brush small enough to clean every dental surface"
"the sun has no distinct surface"
the outermost level of the land or sea;
"earthquakes originate far below the surface"
"three quarters of the Earth's surface is covered by water"
a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something;
"it was not what it appeared to be on the surface"
information that has become public;
"all the reports were out in the open"
"the facts had been brought to the surface"
a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
on the surface;
"surface materials of the moon"
come to the surface
put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface;
"coat the cake with chocolate"
appear or become visible; make a showing;
"She turned up at the funeral"
"I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- The scheme seems on the surface to be quite practical.
- A wave broke across the surface of the pool.
- Beneath that apparently calm surface is a man of fierce temper.
- The surface of the lake is quite still.
- This essay is so short that it can only scratch the surface of the topic.
- We are going to surface this road.
- Fish were surfacing to catch insects.
- He didn't surface today until after eleven.
- Some fresh ideas begin to surface.
- A cube has six surfaces.
- The wooden surface had a beautiful shine.
- Steam is condensed into water when it touches a cold surface.
- The outer surface of a ship's hull is very hard.
- The sea covers almost three-fourths of the earth's surface.
- The surface of the water was not tranquil during the storm.
- He struggled to the surface as the water dragged him down.
- Tiny rippling whirlpools on the water's surface suggest that the ponds are full of fish.
- A strong wind swept the surface of the sea.
- He did not merely see the surface but penetrated beneath.
- Beneath her self-confident surface, she's quite unsure of herself.
- You must not look only at the surface of things.
- on the surface
在表面上,在外表上 when not observed, thought about, etc. deeply or thoroughly; superficially
- scratch the surface
对待或处理问题不深入彻底 treat a subject or deal with a problem without being thorough
- surface area of the brain 大脑的表层
- surface colour 表面颜色
- surface impressions 肤浅的印象
- surface layer 表层
- surface mail 平寄,平邮
- surface noise 划纹噪音
- surface politeness 表面客气
- surface vessel 水面舰船
- surface worker 在井上工作的矿工
- surface wound 轻度创伤
- above the surface of the water 水面以上
- at the earth's surface 在地球的表面
- below〔beneath〕 the surface of the water 水面下,事物的内情
- depression in the surface 表面的凹陷
- on the surface of the water 在水面上,表面上
- under the surface of the water 水面下,事物的内情
The gold..was lying there on the surface of the ground.出自： A. Moorehead
Poor roadssbad surfaces, dangerous bends.出自：Listener
Gazing out..at the bay, its surface webbed with light.出自： D. Profumo
I surfaced..hard and softwoods at differing depths of cut.出自：Practical Woodworking
Roads..were usually surfaced with cobblestones.出自： M. Meyer
误 His cleverness is only on surface.
正 His cleverness is only on the surface.
析 on the surface用作表语,作“表面上”或“外表上”解,是习惯用法,其中定冠词the不能省略。