- Columbia University Press （美国）哥伦比亚大学出版社
- [C]杯子 a small round container with a handle, that you can drink from
- [C]优胜杯,奖杯 a large metal thing like a cup, that you get for winning in a sport
a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle;
"he put the cup back in the saucer"
"the handle of the cup was missing"
the quantity a cup will hold;
"he drank a cup of coffee"
"he borrowed a cup of sugar"
any cup-shaped concavity;
"bees filled the waxen cups with honey"
"he wore a jock strap with a metal cup"
"the cup of her bra"
a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces
cup-shaped plant organ
a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl
the hole (or metal container in the hole) on a golf green;
"he swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away"
"put the flag back in the cup"
a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition;
"the school kept the cups is a special glass case"
form into the shape of a cup;
"She cupped her hands"
put into a cup;
"cup the milk"
treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin
- This cup is made of stainless steel.
- Please fill the cup with water.
- Would you like a cup of tea?
- Eight horses will race for the cup.
- When we want to hear something more clearly we cup our hands behind our ears.
- He would cup his chin in the hollow of his hand when he had something on his mind.
- The cup hit the wall and broke on impact.
- The cup broke when it fell on the floor.
- China cups are apt to break.
- Pour some tea into my cup, please.
- Tea is usually served in cups.
- She set a cup on the table.
- She completed her set of dishes by buying the cups and saucers.
- He shall drink of the cup.
- We offered them each three cups of barley wine.
- Would you drink a cup of milk?
- He ordered himself a cup of cocoa.
- She entered it, asked for a cup of coffee and sat down.
- I won't object to a cup of tea.
- Have another cup?
- Use two cups of flour for the cake.
- Add two cups of sifted flour to one cup of sugar and mix.
- The golden cup was bestowed upon the winner.
- He's won several cups for shooting.
- We won the cup for the first time this year.
- She's been picked to play in the Wightman Cup.
- We got knocked out of the Cup in the first round.
- Where was the 2006 World Cup held?
- Mr. Black was in his cups when he made his speech.
- That's just my cup of tea.
- Your cup is full with happiness.
- Her cup of bitterness was full.
- award sb a cup 颁发给某人奖杯
- break a cup 打碎杯子
- bring a cup 拿来一个杯子
- drink a cup 喝一杯
- have a cup 喝一杯
- hold a cup 拿着一个杯子
- kiss the cup 饮酒
- offer sb a cup 敬某人一杯
- overflow a cup 溢出杯子
- pour a cup 斟一杯
- win the cup 获得奖杯
- another cup 另一个杯子,又一杯
- bitter cup 苦酒,不幸
- empty cup 空杯子
- full cup 满满的一杯
- graceful cup 雅致的杯子
- parting cup 临别一杯酒
- china cup 瓷杯
- coffee cup 咖啡杯
- drinking cup 水杯
- paper cup 纸杯
- plastic cup 塑料杯
- prize cup 奖杯,优胜杯
- silver cup 银杯
- tea cup 茶杯
- a cup of tea 一杯茶
We drained deeper the deep cup of life.出自： A. Seeger
Aunt Lily had an elbow on the table and cupped her chin in one hand.出自： R. West
- the Cup意思是“锦标赛”。
- cup, glass, mug, tumbler
- glass和tumbler一般指玻璃杯,常用于喝冷饮(酒、饮料等); cup通常指瓷杯,常用于喝热饮(茶、咖啡等); mug指大杯子,可以是瓷的,也可以是玻璃的,常用来喝水或啤酒。cup和mug一般带有柄; tumbler通常是无脚无柄的平底杯; 而glass的形状不限。例如:
- Will you accompany me in drinking a glass of wine?你能陪我喝杯酒吗?
- Would you care for a cup of coffee?你想喝杯咖啡吗?
- Give the child a mug of milk.给孩子一杯奶。
- She bought a set of six tumblers.她买了一套六只的平底无脚酒杯。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的cuppe；最初源自拉丁语的cupa，意为杯、桶、盆。
- mug 脸
- demitasse 黑咖啡
- teacup 茶杯
- beaker (无柄的）大口杯...
- chalice 杯
- goblet 高脚杯
- cupful 满杯
- glass 玻璃
- trophy 奖品
- prize 奖品
- teacupful 一满茶杯的量...
- pan 平底锅
- rhyton 古希腊的角状环...
- jorum 大碗型酒杯
- concavity 中央凹陷
- basin 脸盆
- vessel 容器
- furrow 犁沟
- crater 坑(陨石坑、弹坑等)...
- depression 沮丧
- tumbler 不倒翁
- hollow 空的
- stein 啤酒杯
- cannikin 小罐
- pit 坑
- trough 水槽
- hole 洞
- bowl 碗
- shell 壳
- wine glass 酒杯
- punch bowl 盛潘趣酒的大酒杯...
- one 一
- sixteen 十六
- four 四
- hundred 百
- twenty 二十
- forty 四十
- fluid 液体
- two 二
- eight 八
- wine 葡萄酒
- loving cup 爱杯(有两个杯柄以便轮饮...
- transfuse 移注
- punch 按(键)