- [C][U]贡金，贡物 payment which one government or ruler extracts from another
- [C][U]称赞，颂词 sth done,said,or given to show respect or admiration for sb
something given or done as an expression of esteem
payment by one nation for protection by another
payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence;
"every store in the neighborhood had to pay him protection"
- The victorious nations are demanding tribute from their former enemies.
- Many Greek cities had to send yearly tribute to Athens.
- The musician gave full tribute to his former teacher.
- He paid tribute to the way the country had forged national unity.
- I want to take this opportunity to pay a public tribute to him.
- Their gifts were symbolic of tribute, worship and death.
- Current and former White House colleagues paid tribute to Rove as the key strategist in helping Mr. Bush win the presidency twice.
- Many conquered nations had to pay tribute to the rulers of ancient Rome.
- The minister paid tribute to the men who had fought the blaze, saying their bravery had saved countless lives.
The Dictator of Rome..had sent an embassy asking for tribute from Arthur.出自： T. H. White
- compliment 称赞
- praise 赞美
- donation 捐款
- laudation 赞美
- glorification 赞颂
- contribution 贡献
- subscription 订阅
- eulogy 颂词
- honour 荣誉
- honor 荣誉
- acknowledgment 承认
- esteem 尊敬
- accolade 表扬
- homage 敬意
- tax 税
- duty 义务
- excise 货物税
- toll 伤亡人数
- payment 支付
- fee 费用
- applause 鼓掌
- levy 征税
- glory 光荣
- encomium 赞颂
- panegyric 赞辞
- protection 保护
- testimonial 证明书