the act of giving
the imparting of news or promises etc.;
"he gave us the news and made a great show of the giving"
"giving his word of honor seemed to come too easily"
disposing of property by voluntary transfer without receiving value in return;
"the alumni followed a program of annual giving"
given or giving freely;
"was a big tipper"
"the bounteous goodness of God"
"a freehanded host"
"a handsome allowance"
"Saturday's child is loving and giving"
"a liberal backer of the arts"
"a munificent gift"
"her fond and openhanded grandfather"
- Giving is much more rewarding than receiving in the long term.
- life-giving 赋予生命的
- prize-giving (学校的)颁奖...
- give 给
- action of giving 缓冲动作
- giving quotation 应收汇价,支付汇率...
- giving milk 泌乳
- preference-giving country 给惠国,优惠给予国...
- obligation of giving claim notice 通知损失的义务...
- energy-giving food 供能食物
- alms giving 布施
- giving credit 授信业务
- giving-effect statement 预期报表
- party giving the mandate [经] 委托人
Upon the first Giving of the Weather.出自： Addison
When the spirit of giving was substituted for the spirit of mere rivalry.出自： W. Robertson
The cruiser..having broken down through the giving out of her cylinders.出自：Daily News