- 实际上,事实上 almost; very nearly
in essence or effect but not in fact;
"the strike virtually paralyzed the city"
"I'm virtually broke"
(of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but;
"the job is (just) about done"
"the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"
"we're almost finished"
"the car all but ran her down"
"he nearly fainted"
"talked for nigh onto 2 hours"
"the recording is well-nigh perfect"
"virtually all the parties signed the contract"
"I was near exhausted by the run"
"most everyone agrees"
- It is virtually impossible to predict the future accurately.
- It's not an agreement as such, but it will have virtually the same effect as one.
- This opinion was held by virtually all the experts.
- Virtually all the members were in agreement with the proposal.
- He was virtually a prisoner.
- The job was virtually completed by the end of the week.
- virtually impossible 根本不可能