- 桥接器（将两种不同的网络如ETHERNET和TOKEN RING相互连结的一种装置）
- [C]桥; 桥梁 structure of wood, iron, concrete, etc., providing a way across a river, road, railway, etc.
- [C]鼻梁; 鼻梁架 bony upper part of the nose; part of the glasses that rests on the nose
- [U]桥牌 a card game for four players developed from the game of whist
- vt. 在…建桥 build a bridge across
- a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
- a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
- something resembling a bridge in form or function;
"his letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
- the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose;
"her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
- any of various card games based on whist for four players
- a wooden support that holds the strings up
- a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
- the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
- an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
- connect or reduce the distance between
- make a bridge across;
"bridge a river"
- cross over on a bridge
- The bridge is not strong enough to allow the passage of vehicles.
- I think I'm lost; I can't find the bridge.
- They are a link to the past and a bridge to the future.
- The new bridge will link the Olympic Village with the rest of the Olympic Park.
- I have not the least idea about how to play bridge.
- Sometimes they played bridge together.
- She has bright eyes and high nose bridge.
- She wore spectacles over the bridge of her nose.
- They will bridge it over with planks.
- This helped to bridge over our difficulties.
- He did a lot to bridge over his difficulties .
- The decision is an attempt to bridge the distance between the rich and poor.
This bridge is very dangerous.
The bridge is supported by three pillars.
As long as I live, the bridge lives.
The bridge rests on stone arches.
The bridge collapsed into the swollen river.
The bridge was completed by the end of 1994.
The bridge was washed out by a sudden flood.
The new bridge will link the island to the mainland.
Lots of roads and bridges were built.
The frail wooden bridge cracked.
The old bridge can hardly bear up its own weight now.
London Bridge is an important construction in Britain.
Though the bridge is a bit rickety, there is no immediate danger in walking over it.
The driver assured himself that the bridge was safe before he started the crossing.
The new bridge across the Yangtse River is now opened to traffic.
Many bridges span the Thames.
That's an arch bridge.
This is a dangerous bridge.
There is a bridge across the river.
The guerrillas blew up the bridge.
They have anticipated us and seized the bridge.
You can't use the bridge any more; it's been washed out in the floods.
It's our duty to guard this bridge and not let the enemy pass.
The local authorities decided to build a suspension bridge over the river.
Several companies are bidding for the contract to build the bridge.
I am enthusiastic over a project for building a new bridge.
He was precautious in crossing the rickety bridge.
We have to cross the railway line by the foot bridge.
The train rumbled across the bridge.
The passengers got out and walked across the bridge.
They dived from the bridge and rescued the drowning woman.
A man fell from the bridge and drowned.
When the car came near the bridge, the driver eased it down to 20 kilometres an hour.
The pair of lovers were leaning over the bridge, looking into the water.
Cars streamed over the bridge.
The construction of this bridge was a brilliant feat of engineering.
My foot caught in a loose plank on the bridge while I was crossing.
The city is famous for its bridges.
After a mile, you come to a small bridge.
Gold rimmed spectacles bit deep into the bridge of his nose.
Do you play bridge?
They had once or twice played bridge at the club.
We bridged the river.
An overpass bridged the highway.
A wooden plank bridged the stream.
They bridged the distance in less than two days of actual walking.
A snack in the afternoon bridges the gap between lunch and supper.
How can we bridge the gap between rich and poor?
Both parents and teenagers must try to bridge the generation gap between them.
- burn one's bridges〔boats〕
破釜沉舟 take an irrevocable step
She burned her bridges when she married him. 她与他结婚系破釜沉舟之举。
David got tired of working in London so he burned his boats and moved up to Scotland and bought a small hotel there. 戴维厌烦在伦敦工作,因此他背水一战迁移到苏格兰,在那里买了一家小旅店。
Karl was a good wrestler but a poor boxer.He burned his bridges by letting John choose how they would fight. 卡尔是一个很好的摔跤手,但不是一名好拳击手。他咬紧牙关让约翰作主选择比赛方式。
- 破釜沉舟 take an irrevocable step
- burn one's bridges to sb/sth
断绝与…的联系 cut the touch with sb/sth
So the government has burned most of its bridges to the outside. 这样一来政府与外界的关系大部分都断绝了。
- 断绝与…的联系 cut the touch with sb/sth
- cross that bridge when one comes to it
车到山前必有路 do not worry unnecessarily about a difficulty that may never arise
Don't worry about how we're going to pay for a new machine; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 别担心我们将怎么支付新机器的款项,车到山前必有路。
- 车到山前必有路 do not worry unnecessarily about a difficulty that may never arise
- bridge over (v.+adv.)
架桥于 build a bridge over sth
We shall have to bridge over the stream with these boards of wood. 我们将只得用这些木板来渡过这条溪流。
◇ 用于 be ～ed结构
The river has been bridged over. 河上已架起了桥。
应付; 克服 deal with; overcome
This money should bridge you over till next month. 这笔钱可以使你维持到下个月。
We must find a way to bridge over the difficulties. 我们必须找到一个办法来克服困难。
This will be sure to bridge over our difficulties. 这将会帮助我们渡过难关。
- 架桥于 build a bridge over sth
- block a bridge 堵塞桥面
- blow up the bridge 炸毁桥
- build a bridge 修建桥梁
- burn one's bridges 破釜沉舟,自断后路
- carry the bridge away 把桥冲走
- cross a bridge 过桥
- destroy a bridge 毁坏桥梁
- go across a bridge 沿桥走
- go along a bridge 走过桥
- go over a bridge 走过桥
- jump off the bridge into the river 从桥上跳到河里去
- make a bridge 架桥
- pass on a bridge 走过桥
- pass over a bridge 走过桥
- sweep the bridge away 把桥冲走
- take down a bridge 拆桥
- throw a bridge across a river 在河上架桥
- wash the bridge away 把桥冲走
- covered bridge (可挡风雨的)棚桥
- floating bridge 浮桥
- narrow bridge 窄桥
- natural bridge 天然桥
- old bridge 旧桥
- wide bridge 宽阔的桥
- wooden bridge 木桥
- double-decker bridge 双层桥
- draw bridge 吊桥
- feet bridge (火车站的)人行桥,天桥
- railway bridge 〈英〉铁路桥
- road bridge 路桥
- stone bridge 石头桥
- wire bridge 吊桥
- bridge arching over a river 架在河上的桥
- bridge the distance 走完路程
- bridge the gap 填补空白,缩小差距
- bridge the highway 在公路上架桥
- bridge the river 在河上架桥
- bridge the stream 在小溪上架桥
- bridge over 架桥于,应付,克服
A canal bridged here and there by ten-foot granite slabs.出自：P. Matthiessen
- bridge的基本意思是“桥”,引申可指“鼻梁; 鼻梁架”,用于比喻意义指借以相互联系或接触的事物。是可数名词。
- build〔construct, put up〕 a bridge在现代英语中常被erect, stretch或throw所代替。例如:They threw a pontoon bridge across the river.他们在河上架起一座浮桥。
- bridge后接副词over表示“架桥于…; 应付; 克服”。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bigrge，意为圆木。
- go over检查
- extend over延续(遍布)
- pass over越过
- arch over拱悬于 ... 之上...
- bridge deck桥面板
- bridge circuit桥接电路
- bridge over渡过
- BRIDGE:Biotechnology Research for Innovation, Development and Growth in Europe生物技术研究和发展创新,发展在欧洲
- BRIDGE:Building Resources In Developing General Education建设资源开发的通识教育课程
- BRIDGE:Binational Regional Initiative Developing Greater EducationBinational地区创制组织发展更大的教育
- bridge:概述 BRIDGE ，网桥，是一个网络设备或软件，用于两个或多个网络之间的互连，对帧进行转发。与路由器的区别在于它工作于数据链路层。 相关条目 路由器…