- n. 桥梁；纽带；桥牌；鼻梁；（音乐）琴马；齿桥
- vt. 架桥；渡过；缩短...差距
- 桥接器（将两种不同的网络如ETHERNET和TOKEN RING相互连结的一种装置）
- [C]桥; 桥梁 structure of wood, iron, concrete, etc., providing a way across a river, road, railway, etc.
- [C]鼻梁; 鼻梁架 bony upper part of the nose; part of the glasses that rests on the nose
- [U]桥牌 a card game for four players developed from the game of whist
- vt. 在…建桥 build a bridge across
a structure that allows people or vehicles to cross an obstacle such as a river or canal or railway etc.
a circuit consisting of two branches (4 arms arranged in a diamond configuration) across which a meter is connected
something resembling a bridge in form or function;
"his letters provided a bridge across the centuries"
the hard ridge that forms the upper part of the nose;
"her glasses left marks on the bridge of her nose"
any of various card games based on whist for four players
a wooden support that holds the strings up
a denture anchored to teeth on either side of missing teeth
the link between two lenses; rests on the nose
an upper deck where a ship is steered and the captain stands
connect or reduce the distance between
make a bridge across;
"bridge a river"
cross over on a bridge
- The bridge is not strong enough to allow the passage of vehicles.
- I think I'm lost; I can't find the bridge.
- They are a link to the past and a bridge to the future.
- The new bridge will link the Olympic Village with the rest of the Olympic Park.
- I have not the least idea about how to play bridge.
- Sometimes they played bridge together.
- She has bright eyes and high nose bridge.
- She wore spectacles over the bridge of her nose.
- They will bridge it over with planks.
- This helped to bridge over our difficulties.
- He did a lot to bridge over his difficulties .
- The decision is an attempt to bridge the distance between the rich and poor.
- The price gap is too wide to bridge.
- This bridge is very dangerous.
- The bridge is supported by three pillars.
- As long as I live, the bridge lives.
- The bridge rests on stone arches.
- The bridge collapsed into the swollen river.
- The bridge was completed by the end of 1994.
- The bridge was washed out by a sudden flood.
- The new bridge will link the island to the mainland.
- Lots of roads and bridges were built.
- The frail wooden bridge cracked.
- The old bridge can hardly bear up its own weight now.
- London Bridge is an important construction in Britain.
- Though the bridge is a bit rickety, there is no immediate danger in walking over it.
- The driver assured himself that the bridge was safe before he started the crossing.
- The new bridge across the Yangtse River is now opened to traffic.
- Many bridges span the Thames.
- That's an arch bridge.
- This is a dangerous bridge.
- There is a bridge across the river.
- The guerrillas blew up the bridge.
- They have anticipated us and seized the bridge.
- You can't use the bridge any more; it's been washed out in the floods.
- It's our duty to guard this bridge and not let the enemy pass.
- The local authorities decided to build a suspension bridge over the river.
- Several companies are bidding for the contract to build the bridge.
- I am enthusiastic over a project for building a new bridge.
- He was precautious in crossing the rickety bridge.
- We have to cross the railway line by the foot bridge.
- The train rumbled across the bridge.
- The passengers got out and walked across the bridge.
- They dived from the bridge and rescued the drowning woman.
- A man fell from the bridge and drowned.
- When the car came near the bridge, the driver eased it down to 20 kilometres an hour.
- The pair of lovers were leaning over the bridge, looking into the water.
- Cars streamed over the bridge.
- The construction of this bridge was a brilliant feat of engineering.
- My foot caught in a loose plank on the bridge while I was crossing.
- The city is famous for its bridges.
- After a mile, you come to a small bridge.
- Gold rimmed spectacles bit deep into the bridge of his nose.
- Do you play bridge?
- They had once or twice played bridge at the club.
- We bridged the river.
- An overpass bridged the highway.
- A wooden plank bridged the stream.
- They bridged the distance in less than two days of actual walking.
- A snack in the afternoon bridges the gap between lunch and supper.
- How can we bridge the gap between rich and poor?
- Both parents and teenagers must try to bridge the generation gap between them.
- burn one's bridges〔boats〕
破釜沉舟 take an irrevocable step
- burn one's bridges to sb/sth
断绝与…的联系 cut the touch with sb/sth
- cross that bridge when one comes to it
车到山前必有路 do not worry unnecessarily about a difficulty that may never arise
- bridge over (v.+adv.)
应付; 克服 deal with; overcome
- block a bridge 堵塞桥面
- blow up the bridge 炸毁桥
- build a bridge 修建桥梁
- burn one's bridges 破釜沉舟,自断后路
- carry the bridge away 把桥冲走
- cross a bridge 过桥
- destroy a bridge 毁坏桥梁
- go across a bridge 沿桥走
- go along a bridge 走过桥
- go over a bridge 走过桥
- jump off the bridge into the river 从桥上跳到河里去
- make a bridge 架桥
- pass on a bridge 走过桥
- pass over a bridge 走过桥
- sweep the bridge away 把桥冲走
- take down a bridge 拆桥
- throw a bridge across a river 在河上架桥
- wash the bridge away 把桥冲走
- covered bridge (可挡风雨的)棚桥
- floating bridge 浮桥
- narrow bridge 窄桥
- natural bridge 天然桥
- old bridge 旧桥
- wide bridge 宽阔的桥
- wooden bridge 木桥
- double-decker bridge 双层桥
- draw bridge 吊桥
- feet bridge (火车站的)人行桥,天桥
- railway bridge 〈英〉铁路桥
- road bridge 路桥
- stone bridge 石头桥
- wire bridge 吊桥
- bridge arching over a river 架在河上的桥
- bridge the distance 走完路程
- bridge the gap 填补空白,缩小差距
- bridge the highway 在公路上架桥
- bridge the river 在河上架桥
- bridge the stream 在小溪上架桥
- bridge over 架桥于,应付,克服
A canal bridged here and there by ten-foot granite slabs.出自： P. Matthiessen
- bridge的基本意思是“桥”,引申可指“鼻梁; 鼻梁架”,用于比喻意义指借以相互联系或接触的事物。是可数名词。
- bridge后接副词over表示“架桥于…; 应付; 克服”。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的brigge，意为圆木。
- span 时期
- bond 债券
- connection 联系
- link 联系
- tie 束缚
- join 连接
- connect 连接
- traverse 横贯
- viaduct 高架桥
- brig 禁闭室
- overpass 天桥
- flyover 定点飞行
- arch 拱
- footbridge 人行天桥
- catwalk 狭窄过道
- connector 连接头
- conduit 导管
- association 协会
- channel 频道
- passage 通过
- cross 穿过
- go over 检查
- extend over 延续(遍布)
- associate 联想
- pass over 越过
- arch over 拱悬于 ... 之上...
- conjoin 结合
- unite 联合
- bridge deck 桥面板
- bridge circuit 桥接电路
- bridgework 桥梁工程
- nosepiece 鼻羁
- bridge over 渡过