- n. 协会；社团；交往；联想；联合；结合
- 联想， 联想物
- [C]协会；社团；联盟 official group of people who have joined together for a particular purpose;organization of people joined together for a shared purpose
- [U]联合；合伙；关联；交往 connection or relationship between people or organizations;act of associating or fact of being associated
- [C][P]联想；联系 idea or memory that is suggested by sb/sth;mental connection between ideas
- [C]因果关系 connection between things where one is caused by the other
a formal organization of people or groups of people;
"he joined the Modern Language Association"
the act of consorting with or joining with others;
"you cannot be convicted of criminal guilt by association"
the state of being connected together as in memory or imagination;
"his association of his father with being beaten was too strong to break"
the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination;
"conditioning is a form of learning by association"
a social or business relationship;
"a valuable financial affiliation"
"he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team"
"many close associations with England"
a relation resulting from interaction or dependence;
"flints were found in association with the prehistoric remains of the bear"
"the host is not always injured by association with a parasite"
(chemistry) any process of combination (especially in solution) that depends on relatively weak chemical bonding
(ecology) a group of organisms (plants and animals) that live together in a certain geographical region and constitute a community with a few dominant species
- Have you joined the teachers' association?
- About 20 people have registered in the association.
- There is a hide-and-seek association with a leader who is nowhere to be found.
- Horwath refers to Horwath International Association, a Swiss verein.
- I benefited much from my association with him.
- What association do you have with the color green?
- United Services Auto- mobile Association.
- It was formed, in fact, by the Article of Association in 1774.
- Such a complex association between creatures of four species has the hallmark of an ecologic happy family.
- The vapor association of acetic acid and propionic acid due to dimerization and trimerization has been considered as well.
- The association is/are having its/their annual conference next week.
- Many associations are breaking up for lack of money.
- The British Medical Association is campaigning for a complete ban on tobacco advertising.
- The Women's Association are so excited with their success that they are inclined to go.
- Their association goes back to their school days.
- We shall help each other as far as we can while our business association lasts.
- He has made many interesting associations in the club.
- This word has unpleasant associations.
- The name has many strange associations.
- He has an eye for beauty and a heart for associations.
- He values the vase chiefly for its associations.
- My father was president of the dental association.
- The President of the British Medical Association holds office for one year.
- The sight calls up in the mind a host of historical associations.
- Do you belong to any professional associations？
- There is an association between Christmas and parties.
- Fireworks have happy associations for her.
- A number of tunes have a really strong association for individuals.
- Hospitals have rather unpleasant associations for me.
- French bread has had positive associations for me ever since I went on holiday to France.
- The Association of Librarians is having its annual meeting this week.
- The association of ideas in original ways is the key to creativity.
- The picture awakens associations of my childhood.
- Our company belongs to the National Association of Manufactures.
- I have no association with foreigners.
- He joined the Labour Party,where he began his long association with Cole.
- If you continue your association with that man, I'll stop paying your college fees.
- The town is full of associations with the artist's life.
- I feel able at last to reveal the story of my brief association with the lady years ago.
- She became famous through her association with several poets.
- His English benefited through his long association with British children.
- The house had too many associations with her dead husband for her to be happy in it.
- I benefited much from my association with the firm.
- Our long association with your company has brought great benefits.
- Our association with the feminist movement began at university.
- This place had too many associations with my childhood.
- What association do you make with the colour red?
- She formed an association to help blind people.
- She has formed a housing association to build homes for single mother.
- in association with
与…共生，与…共存happening or existing together with another
- establish an association 建立协会
- form an association 结社
- have an association with 与…有交往
- join the trade association 加入贸易协会
- organize an association 组织协会
- support an association 支持协会
- bring up an association 引起联想
- call up an association 引起联想
- athletic association 体育协会
- charitable association 慈善社团
- close association 密切的联系
- cooperative association 合作社
- fraternal association 兄弟会，联谊会
- free association 遐想
- industrial association 产业协会
- intimate association 密切的交往
- mutual aid association 互助会
- natural association 自然的联系
- non-profit-making association 非营利性社团
- philanthropic association 慈善社团
- temporary association 暂时交往
- unpleasant association 令人不快的联想
- voluntary association 自愿联合
- alumni association 校友会
- bar association 律师协会
- exporter's association 出口商协会
- mutual insurance association 互保协会
- public insurance association 公共保险协会
- supporters' association 后援会
- women's association 妇女协会
- trade association 贸易协会
A solemn oath of association for the restoring of it.出自： R. Coke
The good Watson had at that time deserted me for a wife, the only selfish action which I can recall in our association.出自： Conan Doyle