- 使成球形， 呈球状，使成球
- <俚>性交 ，与（某人）发生性关系（含攻击性，慎用）
- [C]球,球状物 a round thing that you use in games and sports; any round thing
- [C]舞会 a big formal party where people dance
- round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games;
"the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"
"the mayor threw out the first ball"
"the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
- a solid projectile that is shot by a musket;
"they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
- an object with a spherical shape;
"a ball of fire"
- the people assembled at a lavish formal dance;
"the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
- one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens;
"she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- a spherical object used as a plaything;
"he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
- United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
- a compact mass;
"a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
- a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass;
"the ball at the base of the thumb"
"he stood on the balls of his feet"
- the game of baseball
- a pitch that is not in the strike zone;
"he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
- form into a ball by winding or rolling;
- The cat made little rushes to and fro after the ball.
- She rolled the socks into a ball.
- I cut up the meat for cooking meat balls.
- His left arm was shattered into matches by a cannon ball.
- The ball we are about to discharge at the moon is our ambassador to her.
- How did you enjoy the ball?
- Tom said he had a real ball at the beach last week.
- She balled the letter into a wad.
The ball rolled backwards.
The ball bounced out of bounds.
The ball curved to the right.
A cricket ball is solid; it has no air in it.
He pitched the ball to the other end of the field.
He has pitched his ball into our house.
He knocked the ball out of court.
He was pitching the ball.
If a footballer handles the ball to stop another player getting it, it is often called professional foul.
The children tossed the ball to each other.
Jack centred the ball,Jim got it and kicked it into the goal.
The centre forward headed the ball into goal.
My father promised me a ball for my birthday.
The boy gave his father an account of the ball game.
Bring your bat so we can play ball.
His arm is lame from playing ball.
There is a fancy ball tonight.
The school will give a ball at the weekend.
I was dressed as a horseman at the ball.
Please honor us with your presence at the ball.
Tonight she will attend a grand ball at the palace.
They were invited to a ball.
When does the ball come off?
How did you enjoy the ball?
- have a ball
尽情享乐 enjoy oneself
When the parents went to work, the kids had a ball at home. 父母上班时,孩子们在家里尽情作乐。
They all had a ball at the party. 他们在聚会上尽情地玩乐。
- 尽情享乐 enjoy oneself
- keep〔set, start〕 the ball rolling
使…运行 begin sth, such as a conversation or a plan
My host had very little to talk about, and it was very difficult to keep the ball rolling. 我的主人没有什么话可谈了,因此谈话很难继续下去。
George started the ball rolling at the party by telling a new joke. 乔治讲了个笑话使晚会开始起来。
The evening party director started the ball rolling by asking all the participants to introduce themselves. 晚会主持人请每一位来宾自我介绍作为节目的开始。
- 使…运行 begin sth, such as a conversation or a plan
- open the ball
开球,开始行动 begin to do sth
The chairman opened the ball with a few introductory remarks upon the items on the agenda. 主席先开头,简略地介绍了议事日程上的讨论事项。
- 开球,开始行动 begin to do sth
- bat a ball 击球
- catch a ball 接球
- drive a ball 抽球
- drop a ball 丢掉球
- give a ball 传球
- hit a ball 击中球
- hold a ball 拿着球
- kick a ball 踢球
- miss the ball 未接住球
- pass a ball 传球
- shoot a ball 射门
- throw a ball 抛球,扔球
- carry the ball 负起责任
- play ball with 与…合作
- take up the ball 接着讲话,值班,接替
- curve ball 弧圈球
- foul ball 界外球
- leather ball 皮球
- meat ball 肉丸子
- medicine ball (锻炼身体用的)实心皮球
- rubber ball 皮球
- snow ball 雪球
- tennis ball 网球
- costume ball 化装舞会
- birthday ball 生日舞会
- on the ball 效率高的
The..tents..are adorned on the top with guilded balls.sssss R. E. Vern&egra;de出自：M. W. Montagu
All the flagella around the sphere beat in an organised way and drive the tiny ball in a particular direction.出自：D. Attenborough
There's nothin' like a ball o' malt occasional like.出自：S. O
Brooks balls off twine.出自：E. K. Kane
Small hands balled into possessive fists.出自：P. Gallico
This handkerchief, balled up in Mavis's hand.出自：E. Crispin
- 表示“球类运动”时，ball前不加a或the，如play ball，不说play a/the ball。但是ball前有加the或a的时候，如play with a ball（玩一个球）和play with the ball（玩这个球）；
- 在美国，play ball有多种意思，分别是玩棒球，开球，开始行动，合作和公平办事；
- 表示“开舞会”时，可用hold/give a ball表示，held在请帖中使用更普遍。
- ball作“球”解时是可数名词,其前习惯加定冠词; 表示活动作“球类运动”解时是不可数名词,前面不能加冠词a或the。这种用法多用在美式英语中。ball作“舞会”解时也是可数名词。
- ball还可作动词,意思是“把…捏成球状”,例如:He balled the paper into a wad.他把纸揉成一团。The Germans balled themselves into one tight fist.德国人抱作一团,形成一个握紧的拳头。
- ball, dance
ball指正式的盛大舞会; dance一般为私人举行的小型舞会。例如:The ladies were all dressed in long gowns at the ball.舞会上贵妇人都穿着长礼服。They will give a dance for their daughter's birthday.他们将为女儿的生日举行一次舞会。
- How did you enjoy playing ball?
- How did you enjoy the ball?
- play ball 打球
- play with a ball 玩弄一个球
- ☆ 直接源自古英语；最初源自古北欧语的blolr，意为圆的物体。
- evening party晚会
- bollock 睾丸
- Lucille Ball露茜丽·鲍儿（...
- ball:ball n. 球, 球状物, 子弹, 舞会, 尽情地玩习惯用语give a ball 举行舞会have (oneself) a ball [美俚]尽情作乐lead (up) the ball 领导跳…