- n. 化妆舞会；伪装
- v. 伪装
a party of guests wearing costumes and masks
a costume worn as a disguise at a masquerade party
making a false outward show;
"a beggar's masquerade of wealth"
take part in a masquerade
pretend to be someone or something that you are not;
"he is masquerading as an expert on the internet"
"This silly novel is masquerading as a serious historical treaty"
- We want to join in the masquerade.
- They were all dressed up to attend the masquerade.
- Her sorrow is just a masquerade.
- He might try to masquerade as a policeman.
- The robbers got into the bank by masquerading as security men.
Visits to ev'ry Church we daily paid, And march'd in ev'ry holy Masquerade.出自： Pope