- [C]足球,橄榄球 large round or oval inflated ball, usually a leather
- [U]足球运动,橄榄球运动 any of several outdoor games between two teams, played with such a ball
- any of various games played with a ball (round or oval) in which two teams try to kick or carry or propel the ball into each other's goal
- the inflated oblong ball used in playing American football
- Football and hockey players wear shoulder pads.
- The local schools formed a football league.
- He is on the college football team.
Can you help me into the yard?My football has been kicked into it.
He bought two footballs.
The little boy was pleased to have a football on his birthday.
Important football matches are played at Wembley Stadium.
He shouldn't be playing football at his time of life.
Mum told me off for wearing my best shoes for playing football.
Both boys just live for football.
He interested me in football.
He devoted his time to football at the expense of his studies.
When the gates were opened, crowds of football supporters crushed into the ground.
It's impossible to crush any more football supporters into the ground; it's already full.
The football match was attended by thousands of football fans.
Let's go to the football game and cheer for our favorite team.
When I was a boy,I cheered for the city's football team and cast my lot with it.
The football field is enclosed by a wall.
- political football
被踢来踢去的政治皮球 issue that is an object of connection between political parties
The plight of the old-age pensioners has become a political football in the run up to the election. 老年养老金领取者的困境已经成了竞选中连续地被踢来踢去的政治皮球。
- 被踢来踢去的政治皮球 issue that is an object of connection between political parties
Most of the impressive football came from Real Madrid.出自：Listener
- football在英国指“足球”,在美国和澳大利亚指“橄榄球”。美国人称“足球”为soccer,英国人称“橄榄球”为Rugby或Rugby football。
- football:名称：足球英文名：football使用器材：无参与人数： ２２该项目强国及地区：巴西 概述 世界第一运动 起源 暂无资料 历史进程 很久 现行规则 用脚踢 发展现状 好 重大赛事 英超联赛 代表人物…