- [C]卵,蛋 oval object from which young are hatched, laid by birds, reptiles, insects, etc. and usually covered by a thin hard shell
- [U]蛋,鸡蛋 this, especially from a hen, used as food
animal reproductive body consisting of an ovum or embryo together with nutritive and protective envelopes; especially the thin-shelled reproductive body laid by e.g. female birds
oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food
one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens;
"she kicked him in the balls and got away"
throw eggs at
coat with beaten egg;
"egg a schnitzel"
- The egg nestled in the long grass.
- The black hen lays an egg a day.
- The tadpole hatches from the egg.
- The egg hatches into a larva (caterpillar).
- You start your life in an egg like this.
- Chocolate egg is traditionally eat on Easter day.
- Egg mayonnaise is made with mayonnaise and hard-boiled eggs.
- Don't let him egg you on--you shouldn't take any notice of him.
- Don't egg him on to play a trick on others.
- Why do you egg him on to do what you won't do yourself?
- The blackbird's nest contained four eggs.
- The hen laid a large brown egg.
- Birds come from eggs.
- Fish lay eggs.
- He went to the store to get a dozen eggs.
- You've got egg all down your tie.
- He spilled a bit of egg on his shoe.
- bad egg
失败的计划 failed plan
- bread the egg in sb's pocket
打破某人的(计划) break sb's plan
- good egg
〈口〉好人 good man
- goose egg
- have egg on one's face
出丑,丢脸 lose face
- kill the goose that laid the golden egg
贪婪过度,弄坏好事 be too greedy to do sth
- lay an egg
不受听众欢迎,完全失败 be not population, fail completely
- put〔have〕 all one's eggs in one basket
孤注一掷 stake all on a single attempt
- teach one's grandmother to such eggs
班门弄斧 show off to the teacher
- beat an egg 打鸡蛋,搅鸡蛋
- boil an egg 煮鸡蛋
- break an egg 打碎鸡蛋
- break the eggs in sb's pocket 打破某人的计划
- candle eggs 对光检查蛋是否新鲜
- cook an egg 煮鸡蛋
- eat an egg 吃鸡蛋
- fry an egg 炸鸡蛋
- have all one's eggs in one basket 孤注一掷
- have egg on one's face 丢脸,出丑
- lay an egg 下蛋
- place an egg 放鸡蛋
- produce eggs 下蛋,产蛋
- put all one's eggs in one basket 孤注一掷
- egg whites 蛋白
- in the egg 尚在初期的,未成熟的
They are up already and call for eggs and butter.出自：1 Henry IV , Shakespeare
I egged him on...It wasn't his fault.出自： B. Bainbridge
- egg还可作“蛋”“鸡蛋”解,指用作食物的蛋,即打开壳供烹调用的蛋,是不可数名词,可用a bit of egg表示“一点蛋” 。
误 Chicken are hatched from egg.
正 Chicken are hatched from eggs.
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的eggs；最初源自古挪威语的egg，意为蛋。