- n. 参考；参照；出处；推荐人；推荐函
- v. 注明出处；附参考资料
- [C][U]提及,涉及 (an example of) mentioning
- [U]参考,查阅 (an example of) looking at sth for information
- [C]引文; 参考书目 a piece of written information about sb's character, ability, etc. especially when they are looking for employment
- [C]证明书; 证明人; 推荐信; 推荐人 a person who provides such information
- [U]关联,关系 relation, correspondence (to)
a remark that calls attention to something or someone;
"she made frequent mention of her promotion"
"there was no mention of it"
"the speaker made several references to his wife"
a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
"the student's essay failed to list several important citations"
"the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
"the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
an indicator that orients you generally;
"it is used as a reference for comparing the heating and the electrical energy involved"
a book to which you can refer for authoritative facts;
"he contributed articles to the basic reference work on that topic"
a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability;
"requests for character references are all too often answered evasively"
the most direct or specific meaning of a word or expression; the class of objects that an expression refers to;
"the extension of `satellite of Mars' is the set containing only Demos and Phobos"
the act of referring or consulting;
"reference to an encyclopedia produced the answer"
a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to;
"he carried an armful of references back to his desk"
"he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
(computer science) the code that identifies where a piece of information is stored
the relation between a word or phrase and the object or idea it refers to;
"he argued that reference is a consequence of conditioned reflexes"
"he referenced his colleagues' work"
- This book is for reference only.
- This frame of reference will be determined by the limitations on the rational man's knowledge.
- Full reference citations are available on the readings page.
- Can we contact your references?
- He has a good reference from his former employer.
- Paraphrasing is not direct quotation, but you still need to reference it.
- Each chapter is referenced in minute detail.
- Each chapter is referenced, citing literature up to 1999.
- without reference to
不考虑…,置…于不顾not taking account of sb/sth
- contain〔give, provide〕 a reference 包含〔提及,提供〕参考
- cross reference (同一书或文件中的)相互参照
- have a reference to 和…有关
- make a reference 提及
- constant〔further〕 reference 经常〔进一步〕查阅
- direct〔indirect〕 reference 直接〔间接〕提到
- future reference 将来参考
- good reference 很好的推荐信
- negative〔positive〕 reference 否定〔肯定〕(某人)的证明书
- passing reference 稍稍涉及
- excellent〔satisfactory〕 references 有力〔令人满意〕的证明书
- for reference 作参考
- keep it for reference 备作参考
- in reference to that incident 关于那件事
- a frame of reference 参照标准,准则
- a list of references 参考书目
- load one's pages with references 旁征博引
- without reference to 不管,不论,与…无关
- without reference to age and sex 不论男女老少
The gaoler would do what he'd been paid for without further reference to his employer.出自： L. Garfield
- mention 提到
- citation 引用
- quotation 语录
- allusion 暗指
- suggestion 建议
- testimonial 证明书
- indication 指示
- recommendation 推荐
- good word 好话; 好消息; 佳音...
- orientation 适应
- position 位置
- situation 形势
- location 位置
- locus 场所
- character reference 字符引用
- place 地方
- credit 信用
- illustration 说明
- instance 例子
- relation 关系
- bearing 轴承
- respect 尊敬
- regard 尊敬
- notice 注意
- specification 规格
- relevance 中肯
- concern 关心
- correlation 相互关系
- allegation 断言
- statement 陈述
- assignment 分配
- imputation 归罪
- affirmation 肯定
- evidence 证据
- witness 目击者
- endorsement 支持
- certification 证明
- attribution 【U】归因
- intimation 暗示
- implication 牵连
- blame 责备
- credential 国书
- connection 联系
- connotation 涵义
- dependence 依赖
- indicator 指示器
- direction 方向
- key 键
- thing 东西
- good 好的
- word 单词
- cite 引用
- source 来源
- denotation 指示
- reference point 参照点
- reference work 考证工作
- point of reference 参考点
- extension 延长
- reference book 参考书
- character 个性
- acknowledgment 承认
- consultation 咨询
- address 住址