- n. 证据；证词；根据；迹象
- v. 证明；证实
- [U][C]证词; 证据; 迹象 sth, such as a fact, sign, or object that gives proof or reasons to believe or agree with sth
your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief;
"the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
an indication that makes something evident;
"his trembling was evidence of his fear"
(law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved
provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes;
"His high fever attested to his illness"
"The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"
"This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
provide evidence for;
"The blood test showed that he was the father"
"Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
"he was telling on all his former colleague"
- There wasn't enough evidence to prove his guilt.
- Evidence weighted against the defendant.
- It is a statement in conflict with other evidence.
- Have you any evidence to support this statement?
- Experiment shows no evidence of the production of explosive forces.
- When the ship reached port, it bore abundant evidence of the severity of the storm.
- His answer evidenced a guilty conscience.
- The volcano is still active, as evidenced by the recent eruption.
- We must produce evidence in support of our theory.
- The witness gave her evidence in a clear firm voice.
- There was some evidence that the documents had been tampered with.
- There is some evidence to suggest that he was there on the night of the murder.
- There was enough evidence to prove him guilty.
- in evidence
引人注目,显眼 present and able to be seen and noticed
- adduce〔afford〕 evidence 提出证据,引证
- admit〔believe, collect〕 evidence 承认〔相信,收集〕证据
- examine evidence 审查证据
- find〔get〕 evidence 找〔得〕到证据
- furnish〔gather〕 evidence 提供〔收集〕证据
- make evidence 证明
- produce evidence 拿出证据
- withhold evidence 隐瞒罪证
- abundant〔ample〕 evidence 大量的证据
- admissible〔certain〕 evidence 可接受〔确凿〕的证据
- all〔direct〕 evidence 全部〔直接〕证据
- collateral evidence 旁证
- compelling〔convincing〕 evidence 强有力的证据
- conclusive〔concrete〕 evidence 确凿的证据
- damaging evidence 不利的证据
- documentary evidence 书面证据
- false evidence 假证据,伪证
- inadmissible〔incontestable〕 evidence 不可接受〔无可辩驳〕的证据
- insufficient evidence 证据不足
- material evidence 物证
- rational〔reliable〕 evidence 合理〔可靠〕的证据
- sufficient evidence 证据充足
- visible evidence 明显症状
- written evidence 书面证据,字据
- a body of evidence 一批证据
- a mass〔wealth〕 of evidence 大量证据
- a piece of evidence 一条证据
- a scrap〔shred〕 of evidence 少量证据
- the bulk of the evidence 绝大部分证据
- on evidence 有证据
- evidence against 对…不利的证据
The country they were traversing gave evidence of careful cultivation.出自： M. E. Herbert
We were surrounded by so many evidences of expense and toil.出自： R. L. Stevenson
Gilbert..had evidenced no recognition whatever of the existence of Anne Shirley.出自： L. M. Montgomery
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自法语的vidence；最初源自拉丁语的evidentem，意为相信的条件。