- [C][U]含意,暗示,暗指 thing that is suggested or implied; thing not openly stated
- [U]卷入,牵连 involving or being involved
something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied);
"his resignation had political implications"
a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred;
"the significance of his remark became clear only later"
"the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
a logical relation between propositions p and q of the form `if p then q'; if p is true then q cannot be false
a relation implicated by virtue of involvement or close connection (especially an incriminating involvement);
"he was suspected of implication in several robberies"
- His implication in the crime was obvious to all.
- The trial resulted in the implication of several major figures in the organization.
- He has not actually realized the full implication.
- The new report has far-reaching implications for the future of broadcasting.
- The implication of the general manager in the criminal case further complicated the whole situation.
- What are the implications of this statement?
- He smiled, with the implication that he didn't believe me.
- We heard of his implication in a conspiracy.
- have implication 有牵连
- by implication 含蓄地,暗示地
- implication for… 的牵连
The mystic implication of his nature with ours.出自： J. Martineau
- implication, meaning, sense, significance
- meaning意为“意义,意思,重要性”; implication着重指无需说明、解释即可理解的含蓄的、暗示的“意思”。例如:
- She smiled with the implication that she didn't believe him.她笑了,意思就是不相信他。
- sense通常指“观念,概念,含义”,也可指“感觉,意识”,在许多情况下, sense与meaning可以替换。例如:
- Some words have as many as twenty senses〔means〕.有些词有至少20个意思。
- He has quite realized the true significance of her actions.他完全认识到了她的行动的重要性。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的implicare，意为包含在内。
- consequence 结果
- suggestion 建议
- significance 重要性
- meaning 意义
- insinuation 暗示
- inference 推理
- allegation 断言
- repercussion 弹回
- effect 效应
- knock-on effect 撞击作用
- accusation 控告
- symptom 症状
- association 协会
- intention 意图
- objective 客观的
- connotation 涵义
- thing 东西
- reference 参考
- import 进口
- entailment 需要
- logical implication 逻辑隐含
- deduction 扣除
- sense 感官