- [U]引用,引述 the act of quoting
- [C]引文,引语,语录 a sentence or phrase taken from a work of literature or other piece of writing and repeated, especially in order to prove a point or support an argument
- [C]时价,报价,行情 the calculated cost of a piece of work
a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage;
"the student's essay failed to list several important citations"
"the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"
"the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
a passage or expression that is quoted or cited
a statement of the current market price of a security or commodity
the practice of quoting from books or plays etc.;
"since he lacks originality he must rely on quotation"
- Let us begin our discussion with a quotation.
- The book opens with a quotation.
- Someone could figure out the economic trend by the analysis of security quotation.
- I found a mistake in this quotation.
- I cannot give you our quotation right now.
- With regard to our quotation, we will discuss it later.
- They gave me a quotation for mending the roof.
- Support your argument by quotation.
- He finished his speech with a quotation from Shakespeare.
- The insurance company requires tow quotations for repairs to the car.
- closing〔opening〕 quotation 收市〔开市〕行情
- nominal quotation 名义牌价
- black market quotations 黑市行情
- the final quotations 最后的报价
Time to sprinkle his..speech with quotations from Shakespeare and Burns.出自：Guardian