- vt. 推断出；缔结；使结束
- vi. 结束；总结；作决定；作协议
- 决定，决心做某事（to do something）
- vt. & vi. 结束 bring to an end
- vt. 得出结论; 断定 arrive at a belief or opinion
- vt. 决定 decide
decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion;
"We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
bring to a close;
"The committee concluded the meeting"
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
come to a close;
"The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
reach agreement on;
"They concluded an economic agreement"
"We concluded a cease-fire"
- From his appearance we may safely conclude that he is a chain smoker.
- The two countries are reported to have concluded a military convention.
- He conclude the negotiation with dispatch.
- The concert concluded with the National Anthem.
- I want to conclude on a positive note.
- The book concluded happily.
- The press conference concluded at four o'clock.
- The meeting concluded after three hours.
- He concluded his speech.
- They concluded a treaty between the two countries.
- The two countries concluded a treaty on trade.
- The peace negotiations were successfully concluded.
- The young men concluded to join the army.
- They concluded to take over the airport.
- We concluded not to go.
- We concluded not to attend the meeting.
- She finally concluded that she would try to get work in a store.
- The doctor concluded that her disease was a heavy cold.
- From what he says I conclude that he has not much interest in it.
- The judge concluded that the prisoner was guilty.
- They concluded it best to leave the matter as it was.
- They concluded him to have been dead.
- conclude from (v.+prep.)
从…中得出; 推断 draw (a conclusion) from (sth); deduce
conclude sth/that-clause from sth
What do you conclude from the facts?
Imes concluded from her fluttered look that she was lying.
- conclude with (v.+prep.)
以…结束,在…中结束 make an end (of sth) with sth
conclude sth with sb
They discussed business and concluded transactions with us on the spot.
We concluded an agreement with the enemy and soon made peace.
我们同敌军签订了一项协议,不久就议和了。conclude with sth
The film concludes with the heroine's death.
The election campaign concluded with a mass meeting.
竞选活动以群众集会而宣告结束。conclude sth with sth
We concluded the meeting at eight o'clock with a prayer.
I will conclude this chapter with a quotation.
We'll conclude our concert with the National Anthem.
The program was concluded with a song.
- conclude an agreement 缔结协议
- conclude the meeting 结束会议
- conclude one's speech 结束演讲
- conclude a treaty 缔结条约
- conclude abruptly 突然地结束
- conclude brilliantly 辉煌地结束
- conclude confidently 自信地断定
- conclude despairingly 失望地决定
- conclude finally 终于结束
- conclude fitly 适当地结束
- conclude happily 愉快地结束
- conclude hastily 草草地结束
- conclude humiliatingly 屈辱地签订
- conclude logically 逻辑地断定
- conclude obviously 明显地断定
- conclude officially 官方地决定
- conclude reasonably 合情合理地得出(结论)
- conclude safely 有把握地断定
- conclude sorrowfully 悲伤地决定
- conclude successfully 结局很圆满
- conclude superficially 肤浅地得出(结论)
- conclude tragically 结局很惨
I dreamt Of some vast charm concluded in that star.出自： Tennyson
- conclude用作及物动词时,可接名词、代词、动词不定式或从句作宾语。偶尔也可接以“(to be+) adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。
- conclude, accomplish, complete, end, finish
- 这组词都有“结束”“完成”的意思。它们之间的区别是:conclude是比较正式的用语,常指达成协议,作出决定后正式“结束”,如正式的会议、事物等的结束。也有达到逻辑上的结论的含义。因此常用来表示结束一篇著作、一篇演说或议论; accomplish指坚持不懈地努力完成某项计划或达到预期的目的; complete强调把未完成的东西或事情完成,有通过弥补某种欠缺使之成为完整之意; end指“停止”“结束”某一进程,但不强调是否已经圆满完成。常用来指旅行、讲演、争论、战争等结束或终止; finish强调完成自己所计划要干的或所规定的事情或动作,并含有最后加以润色,使之完美的意味。
- conclude, deduce, gather, infer, judge
- 这几个词的共同意思是“推断”。其区别在于:infer指从不太充分的论据或前提中推断出结论; conclude指通过推理或判断而得出结论; deduce指有充分根据地推论或逻辑上地演绎; gather指综合事物得出印象或感想等; judge通常指经过仔细鉴定或评价之后作出的决断。例如:
- From his a manner of dress and style of living,I gather that he is man of considerable means.从他的穿着式样和生活方式,我揣想他是个相当富有的人。
- She had concluded from that her grandmother did not like her.她已从那一点得出结论,断定她祖母不喜欢她。
- If you saw a doctor leaving a house, you might deduce the fact that someone in the house was ill.你要是看到医生从一家出来,你就可以推想那家有人生病。
- We see smoke and infer fire.我们看到烟,从而推断有火。
- Judging from what you said, they ought to succeed.从你说的情况看来,他们应当能成功。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的concludere，意为总结，关闭；最初源自该语的comcludere：com （与） + cludere （关），意为关闭。
- close 关
- assume 假定
- end 结束
- presume 假定
- finish 完成
- terminate 结束
- decide 决定
- deduce 演绎
- complete 完整的
- infer 推断
- reason 原因
- accomplish 完成
- reckon 计算
- gather 聚集
- suppose 假设
- stop 停止
- finish off 结束
- settle 解决
- clinch 钉牢
- arrange 整理
- achieve 完成
- determine 决定
- fulfil 实践
- surmise 推测
- think 认为
- resolve 解决
- reason out 推论出
- judge 法官