- v. 犯罪；承诺；委托；托付
- 犯（罪），干， 做
- 使作出保证，使表态， 使承担义务，承诺，保证
- 【律】提（审）， 收（监）， 下（牢），判处，把...押交，把...判处
- vt. 犯罪; 犯错 perform a crime, foolish act
- vt. 承诺; 使自己受约束 pledge; bind oneself
- vt. 托付; 交付 entrust, give over, hand over to, for safekeeping or treatment
perform an act, usually with a negative connotation;
"perpetrate a crime"
"pull a bank robbery"
give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause;
"She committed herself to the work of God"
"give one's talents to a good cause"
"consecrate your life to the church"
cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution;
"After the second episode, she had to be committed"
"he was committed to prison"
confer a trust upon;
"The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"
"I commit my soul to God"
make an investment;
"Put money into bonds"
engage in or perform;
"practice safe sex"
"commit a random act of kindness"
- They committed outrages on innocent citizens.
- He committed suicide rather than sell out to the enemy.
- He didn't commit himself to anything.
- The girl was committed to the care of an aunt.
- He has committed a serious fault.
- He committed the crime under the influence of drink.
- Their conversation did not commit me.
- I have committed myself, and there is no way to draw back.
- Asked if he was a candidate, he refused to commit himself.
- He has committed himself to support them.
- commit for (v.+prep.)
把(某人)押送至,送交… send or hold (sb) for (a purpose)
commit sb for sb
The prisoner was committed for trial.
- commit on (v.+prep.)
把自己对(某事物或某人)的看法公之于众 make one's opinions known about (sth or sb)
commit oneself on sth
You can't change your mind now; you've already committed yourself on that question.
He couldn't commit himself on any issue.
- commit to (v.+prep.)
把…固定在,保留在…之上或之中 fix (sth) in or on (sth)
commit sth to sth
I commit this evil book to the flames.
They committed some funds to the care of the board of trustees.
他们把一笔款子交给董事会管理。commit sb to sth
The boy was committed to the care of his aunt.
The criminals were committed to prison.
The old man was committed to a hospital for mad people.
那个老人被送进了疯人医院。commit oneself/sth to sth/v-ing
I must go. I have committed myself to the club tonight and the members are expecting me.
I should not like to commit myself to an opinion at this stage.
He has committed himself to the cause of education.
He committed himself to the cause of modernizing the country's industry.
The government can't commit any more money to improving the National Health Service.
A thinking person must commit himself to working for peace.
He was a good worker who was committed to his family as well as to his work.
The doctor was committed to practical medicine.
那位医生致力于实用医学。commit sth to sth
Don't commit your promises to paper.
The actor committed the part to memory.
You should commit your idea to writing.
- commit a crime 犯罪
- commit an error 犯错误
- commit a folly 干蠢事
- commit murder and arson 杀人放火
- commit an offence 犯罪
- commit outrages 残酷迫害
- commit a rape 犯强奸罪
- commit the regulation 违反规定
- commit a sin 犯罪过
- commit a suicide 自杀
- commit consciously 有意识地犯罪
- commit fearlessly 无畏地犯罪
- commit irrevocably 不可改变地承诺
- commit mysteriously 秘密地犯罪
- commit unconsciously 无意识地犯罪
- commit vulgarly 庸俗地犯罪
The magistrates committed the prisoners to the House of Correction for one month each.出自： H. Martineau
I'm rather worried about you. About your mind...I think I'll have you committed.出自： E. Albee
He was charged with wilful murder and formally committed for trial.出自： R. Travers
- commit也可表示为了特定的目的而“把…托付给”“把…提交给”解。这时其后须接介词to, to后可接名词,也可接动名词,常用于被动结构中。
commit oneself to doing something，解释为“使自己不得免于”，to 后面接动名词。
He committed himself to doing it immedaitely.
- commit, perpetrate
- commit可指犯错误,也可指犯罪的行动,还可指一般的“做”或“作”; perpetrate主要指犯罪,语意很强,即使宾语为中性词,也能表示出犯罪的意思。
- commit, confide, consign, entrust, relegate
- commit泛指委托给别人负责,意思最广泛; entrust表示“委托,托管”,强调对别人的信任; confide表示“托付,信赖”,强调对别人依赖和放心; consign表示“委托,交付”,指比较正式的委托; relegate表示“把…委托给”,侧重抛弃或摆脱。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的committere：com (一起） + mittere (放，处理），意为放到一起处理。
- entrust 信赖
- pledge 发誓
- promise 诺言
- do 做
- perform 执行
- perpetrate 做（坏事）
- devote 致力于
- dedicate 致力于
- consign 交付
- obligate 使负义务
- bind 捆绑
- place 地方
- give 给
- oblige 迫使
- earmark 在耳朵做记号...
- designate 指定
- reserve 保留
- execute 执行
- carry out 施行
- hand over 交出
- consecrate 供神用
- commend 推荐
- commission 佣金
- confide 吐露
- relegate 使降级
- send 发送
- trust 信任
- put 放
- practice 练习
- invest 投资
- intrust 信赖
- institutionalise 使制度化
- charge 责任
- pull 拉
- institutionalize 使制度化