- vt. 致力于；献出；提献辞
- vt. 奉献; 贡献 devote one's time, energy, etc.; consecrate
- vt. 举行庄严的仪式以奉献(给神) devote with solemn ceremonies (to God, to a sacred use)
give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause;
"She committed herself to the work of God"
"give one's talents to a good cause"
"consecrate your life to the church"
open to public use, as of a highway, park, or building;
"The Beauty Queen spends her time dedicating parks and nursing homes"
inscribe or address by way of compliment;
"She dedicated her book to her parents"
set apart to sacred uses with solemn rites, of a church
- She dedicated her life to science.
- I will dedicate myself to science in the future.
- I dedicate this song to my wife.
- I'd like to dedicate the book to my parents.
- The mayor will go to dedicate the museum.
- He dedicated his life.
- He said he would dedicate his life if his country needs.
- The school dedicated the new building on Sunday.
- We would like dedicating everything of us.
- He dedicated everything that he could.
- He felt that medicine was the most important cause to which he could dedicate himself.
- His whole energies are dedicated to improve the design.
- dedicate to (v.+prep.)
写(某作品)以献给某人 write (sth) in honour of (sb)
dedicate sth to sb
The priests dedicated the church to God.
The old man dedicated the temple to God.
They dedicate the monument to people who was dead in the war.
他们说这座纪念碑是纪念那些在战争中死去的人的。dedicate sb/sth to sb/sth/v-ing
We are ready to dedicate our youth to the construction of motherland.
He dedicated his life to the cause of education.
The doctor dedicated his life to the sick people in the hot country.
He dedicated his Sundays to football.
His whole life is dedicated to scientific research.
Mornings were dedicated to reading and afternoons to writing.
上午用来一心读书,下午专门写作。dedicate sth to sb
The writer dedicated her first book to her husband.
He dedicated his novel to his teacher.
Beethoven at first dedicated his Heroes Symphony to Napoleon.
The success was dedicated to the people who ever helped him.
- dedicate richly 隆重地奉献
- dedicate solemnly 庄严地奉献
- dedicate whole-heartedly 全心全意地奉献
- dedicate wholly 彻底地奉献
- dedicate to 献身于…
Can we say Mass to dedicate our bombs?出自： A. Ridler
The great Romanesque churches were dedicated to the saints whose relics they contained.出自： K. Clark
- dedicate, devote
- 这两个词的共同意思是“贡献,奉献”。其区别在于:devote强调从个人的热情或愿望出发去干某事, dedicate包含有devote的意思,但重点是指从事一种庄严的、正式的、神圣的事业或工作。例如:
- He devoted the whole night to light music.他整个晚上都在听轻音乐。
- He dedicated his life to training students.他毕生都在培养学生。