confer a trust upon;
"The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret"
"I commit my soul to God"
put into the care or protection of someone;
"He left the decision to his deputy"
"leave your child the nurse's care"
- I hope we can entrust each other.
- I know I can entrust you with my secret.
- I wouldn't advise you to entrust anything of value to him.
- You are a magistrate, and the only person I can entrust this matter to.
- I entrust my cat to a friend while I am away.
- He's entrusted his children to my care for a day.
I was entrusted with the unromantic job of weeding.出自： L. Bruce
He was going to entrust him with what amounted to his life.出自： G. Greene