- v. 掷；抛；投；铸造；指定演员；加起来；投射(目光)；投(票)；预测
- n. 演员阵容；投掷；[医]固定用敷料
- 抛垂钓鱼钩， 抛出钓丝，垂钓
- 选派...扮演角色， 为选派演员
- vt. & vi. 投,掷,扔 throw; allow to fall or drop
- vt. 投射,加…于 send or add sth to...
- vt. 分配(演戏剧等的)角色 assign the various parts of (a play)
- vt. & vi. 浇铸 shape by pouring or squeezing into a mold to harden
- [C]投,掷,抛,扔 act of throwing sth
- [C]铸造物; 模型 object made by pouring or pressing soft material into a mould
- [C]石膏 a hard stiff protective covering for holding a broken bone in place while it gets better
- [C]演员表,全体演员 all the actors in a play, etc.
the actors in a play
container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
the distinctive form in which a thing is made;
"pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
the visual appearance of something or someone;
"the delicate cast of his features"
bandage consisting of a firm covering (often made of plaster of Paris) that immobilizes broken bones while they heal
object formed by a mold
the act of throwing dice
the act of throwing a fishing line out over the water by means of a rod and reel
a violent throw
put or send forth;
"She threw the flashlight beam into the corner"
"The setting sun threw long shadows"
"cast a spell"
"cast a warm light"
"cast a vote"
"cast a ballot"
select to play,sing, or dance a part in a play, movie, musical, opera, or ballet;
"He cast a young woman in the role of Desdemona"
assign the roles of (a movie or a play) to actors;
"Who cast this beautiful movie?"
move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment;
"The gypsies roamed the woods"
"the wandering Jew"
"The cattle roam across the prairie"
"the laborers drift from one town to the next"
"They rolled from town to town"
form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold;
"cast a bronze sculpture"
get rid of;
"he shed his image as a pushy boss"
"shed your clothes"
choose at random;
"draw a card"
formulate in a particular style or language;
"I wouldn't put it that way"
"She cast her request in very polite language"
eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth;
"After drinking too much, the students vomited"
"He purged continuously"
"The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
- The angler cast her line into the stream.
- The storm cast the little rowboat onto the rocks.
- The two world wars cast a shadow over the people all over the world.
- The metals most frequently cast are iron, steal, aluminum and so on.
- The director began to cast actors for the movie.
- I'll cast up these figures and tell you the total.
- All eyes were cast upon the speaker.
- I shall cast my vote for the only woman candidate at the election.
- The sales department have forecasted the expenditure in an approximate way.
- The play succeeded thanks to the wonderful performance of all the cast.
- The cast of the line is crucial to fly fishing.
- The doctor had to hold his broken arm with a plaster cast.
- This is a good place to cast.
- Iron casts better than copper.
- Overheated metal cast badly.
- How many times did he cast his net every morning?
- He cast the dice.
- Tell the foundry to cast another piston.
- They have cast the movie.
- The director cast leading actors in the play.
- I cast John as Li Zicheng.
- He was cast for the part of Hamlet.
- Ophelia has not been cast.
- The statue of Albert Einstein was cast in bronze.
- Bronze are now cast into coins.
- She cast him a significant smile.
- The tree cast us a pleasant shade.
- He made a cast with a fishing line.
- She makes a plaster cast of a bust of Lincoln.
- He's got his leg in a plaster cast.
- The cast is/are waiting on the stage.
- cast a cloud over (v.+n.+prep.)
投下阴影 have a depressing influence on sth
cast a cloud over sth
His miserable manner cast a cloud over the whole proceedings.
His very presence cast a cloud over the meeting.
- cast a spell over (v.+n.+prep.)
用符咒迷惑 exert a controlling influence by no obvious means
cast a spell over sb
Tina seems able to cast a spell over Terry and get him to do anything she wants.
- cast about for (v.+adv.+prep.)
寻找; 寻求 look for
cast about for sb
The personnel manager has been casting about for somebody who can act as receptionist.
- cast aside (v.+adv.)
抛却,抛弃 throw away; discard
cast sb/sth ⇔ aside
You shouldn't cast aside old friends while seeking new ones.
Don't cast aside those worn-out gloves; they may be used yet if properly mended.
Cast aside all illusion and go into the battle.
You must cast aside all doubts and tackle the job with confidence.
- cast aspersions on (v.+n.+prep.)
诽谤 make unfavourable comments about
cast aspersions on sb/sth
I don't permit to cast aspersions on my friend.
You're always casting aspersions on Graham's ability, don't you like him?
- cast back (v.+adv.)
回想; 追溯 remember
You only need to cast back a little and you'll remember the event.
- cast doubts on (v.+n.+prep.)
使人对…产生怀疑 make people wonder about the truth of sth
cast doubts on sb/sth
The lack of facilities for elderly people has cast doubts on the whole of the redevelopment scheme.
- cast down (v.+adv.)
使沮丧 discourage; depress the spirits
- cast in lot with (v.+prep.+n.+prep.)
与…共命运〔同甘苦〕 agree to share the fate of sb else
cast in one's lot with sb
My husband was getting nowhere in his own so he decided to cast in his lot with his former classmate and now they're successfully in business together.
- cast light on〔upon〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
弄清楚 make clear
cast light on〔upon〕 sth/wh-clause
That information may cast light on the mystery.
Can anybody cast light upon how this chair got broken?
- cast off (v.+adv.)
摆脱; 抛弃 dissociate oneself from; have nothing further to do with
As soon as the bell rang, the captain gave orders to cast off, and the voyage began.
铃一响,船长下令解缆,航行就开始了。cast sth ⇔ off
The fisherman cast off the rope and set the boat adrift.
Now that the warmer weather has come, we can cast off our winter clothing.
Without hesitation he cast off his coat and jumped into the water to save the drowning child.
他毫不犹豫地把上衣一脱，就跳下水去救那个溺水的小孩。cast sb/sth ⇔ off
The millionaire cast off his daughter when she married a poor young man.
It's about time you cast off that feeling of gloom and began to enjoy yourself.
He cast off fear and decided to make a try.
- cast on (v.+prep.)
扔; 投掷 throw sth on
cast sth on sth
The customer cast his money on the counter and left.
The storm cast the little boat on the rocks.
How dare you cast reflections on my motives?
- cast eyes on〔over〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
浏览一下; 审视 look at quickly; make a quick examination of
cast one's eyes on〔over〕 sth
He cast a professional economist's eye on the problem.
She cast her eyes over the paper, pondered, caught the meaning.
Tom, cast your eyes over that new stock and make sure it's all there.
It isn't enough just to cast your eyes over this blue-print; you should make a careful study of it.
I'd like you to cast your eyes over this letter before I send it to the school, to see if it's satisfactory.
- cast one's shadow on〔over〕 (v.+n.+prep.)
挡光线; 使投射阴影 cause sb/sth to be in the shade
cast one's shadow on〔over〕 sth
The tree cast its shadow on the window.
Please stand to one side. You're casting your shadow over my work.
- cast out (v.+adv.)
驱逐出去,赶走 force sb to go out or away ; dismiss
cast sb/sth ⇔ out
The Jews cast him out of the temple.
Anybody who dared to oppose the new dictatorship was cast out of his own country.
The dissident was cast out from his country.
Having repeatedly broken the rules of the game,Williams was cast out from the football club.
- cast up (v.+adv.)
冲击 lash; pound
- cast anchor 抛锚
- cast one's attention 集中注意力
- cast a blame 归咎于(某人)
- cast dice 掷骰子
- cast doubt 引起怀疑
- cast a gloom 使某人忧伤
- cast the lead 投锤(测量水深)
- cast lots 抽签
- cast a new light 有新的认识
- cast pearls before swine 对牛弹琴,明珠暗投
- cast seeds 撒种
- cast a shadow 投下影子
- cast a spear 掷标枪
- cast a stone 扔石头
- cast a vote 投票
- cast actors 分配演员
- cast the leading part to sb 选派某人担任主角
- cast parts to actors 给演员派定角色
- cast the play 为戏剧选派角色
- cast a bell 铸钟
- cast concrete pillars 浇注混凝土
- cast a figure 铸造人像
- cast machine parts 铸造机器零件
- cast a plaster bust 用模型翻制石膏胸像
- cast toys 制玩具
- cast feathers 掉羽毛
- cast fruit 早落果实
- cast hair 脱毛,掉发
- cast horns (动物)掉角
- cast leaves 落叶
- cast a shoe (马)脱落马蹄铁
- cast ashore (海浪把人或物)抛到岸上
- cast away illusions 丢掉幻想
- cast away the money 浪费钱
- cast back 追溯,回想
- cast back past thing 回想起往事
- cast behind 把某事抛在脑后
- cast down 使沮丧,使下降
- cast off 丢弃,摆脱,解缆绳
- cast down by misfortune 因不幸而沮丧
- cast off one's associates 抛弃同事
- cast off one's daughter 与女儿断绝关系
- cast off fear 摆脱恐惧
- cast off prejudice 抛弃偏见
- cast off seven stitches (编结时)收掉7针
- cast on seventy stitches 起70针
- cast out 扔出,驱逐
- cast out devils 驱鬼
- cast over 一直思考
- cast together 在一起演出
- cast up 计算,把…加起来,责备,吐出
- cast up a column of figures 把这串数字加起来
- cast her arms about the child 她拥抱那孩子
- cast a stone against the window 投石击窗
- cast a glance at the headlines 扫了一眼大字标题
- cast sth behind one's back 把某事忘掉; 置之脑后
- cast in a different mould 气质与…不同
- cast in one's father's mould 与其父长得相像
- cast in one's lot with sb 与某人同甘苦(共命运)
- cast in moulds 铸造成形
- cast in the same mould 由同一模子铸出来的; 有相同性格
- cast in silver 用银铸成
- cast into the shade 使黯然失色
- cast metal into coins 用金属铸造硬币
- cast on sb 归咎于某人
- cast on sth 把注意力放在某事上
- cast oneself on 委身于,依赖
- cast herself on the sofa 她躺在沙发上
- cast a reflection on 谴责…
- cast reflections on one's motives 指责某人的动机
- cast a slur on sb's reputation 诽谤某人
- cast a spell on sb (用魔力)慑住某人
- capable cast 有才能的演员
- frivolous cast 轻浮的人
- serious cast 一本正经的人
- supporting cast 配角
- all-star cast 全由名角组成的阵容
- original cast 最初的演员表
- within a stone's cast of 离…不到一箭之地
He was withdrawen from them about a stones cast.出自：Bible (AV): Luke
Their clothes, their arms, are staked..upon a single cast.出自： W. Robertson
As the hare doubled the leader killed it with a javelin cast.出自： R. Graves
Hee that is without sinne among you, let him first cast a stone at her.出自：Bible (AV): King John
The wind blowing strongly, we were cast upon the shoales..of Mozambique.出自： T. Herbert
Never cast Water on things newly planted.出自： Evelyn
Tomorrow or the next day would see fate cast the dicesliberty or prison.出自： C. S. Forester
- cast还可以作“分配演戏剧等的角色”解,其后接sb as sb 或for sb。
The tree cast us a pleasant shade.
- cast about表示“到处搜寻”，而cast doubt on表示“质疑”。
- cast, fling, hurl, pitch, throw, toss
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古北欧语的kasta，意为投，扔；最初源自古英语的weorpan，意为弯曲，转动。
- throw 扔
- mold 模式
- form 形式
- troupe （演出的）一团...
- company 公司
- hurl 用力投掷
- actors 演员
- shape 形状
- pitch 球场
- mould 形状
- toss 投掷
- fling 投
- shade 阴影
- dramatis personae 剧中人
- kind 亲切的
- tint 色彩
- color 颜色
- sort 种类
- variety 多样
- produce 生产
- generate 产生
- type 类型
- perspective 远景
- sling 投掷
- vein 静脉
- dart 飞镖
- air 空气
- format 版式
- expression 表情
- skeleton 骨架
- characteristic 特点
- fiber 纤维(物质)
- fish 鱼
- kidney 肾
- shed 除掉
- flip 掷
- casting 选演员
- roll 卷
- swan 天鹅
- regurgitate 反刍
- puke <口>呕吐
- put 放
- vomit 吐出
- stamp 邮票
- retch 作呕
- rove 漂泊
- honk 汽车喇叭声
- be sick 呕吐
- upchuck 呕吐
- drop 落下
- range 范围
- frame 骨架
- plaster cast 石膏（模型）...
- cat 猫
- redact 编辑
- ramble 漫步
- vagabond 流浪汉
- barf 呕吐
- draw 拖
- wander 漫步
- couch 长椅
- disgorge 吐出
- tramp 徒步
- throw up 呕吐
- throw away 扔掉
- spue 吐出
- drift 漂流
- regorge 倒流
- spew 喷出
- sick 有病的
- contrive 图谋
- plaster bandage 石膏绷带
- project 计划
- hurtle 猛冲
- roam 漫游
- stray 走失的家畜
- purge 整肃
- chuck 抛掷
- shake off 摆脱
- throw off 抛弃
- cast off 遗弃
- vomit up 呕吐
- heave 用力举起