- [C]铸模,模型 hollow container with a particular shape
- [S]性格,气质 particular type of character
- [U]霉,霉菌 fine furry growth of fungi that forms on old food or on objects left in moist warm air
- vi. & vt. 用模子做,浇铸 shape sth into a particular form or object
- vt. 塑造(性格等) influence sb's character
loose soil rich in organic matter
the distinctive form in which a thing is made;
"pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
the process of becoming mildewed
a fungus that produces a superficial growth on various kinds of damp or decaying organic matter
a dish or dessert that is formed in or on a mold;
"a lobster mold"
"a gelatin dessert made in a mold"
a distinctive nature, character, or type;
"a leader in the mold of her predecessors"
sculpture produced by molding
container into which liquid is poured to create a given shape when it hardens
form in clay, wax, etc;
"model a head with clay"
form by pouring (e.g., wax or hot metal) into a cast or mold;
"cast a bronze sculpture"
make something, usually for a specific function;
"She molded the rice balls carefully"
"Form cylinders from the dough"
"shape a figure"
"Work the metal into a sword"
- Her fingers went over the mould of his face, over his features.
- The metal in the mould hardened into shape.
- He is a hero of the mould of Tung Tsun-jui.
- He doesn't fit (into) the traditional mould of a university professor.
- Cigarette smoking causes mould to grow on top of the culture.
- But the mould that cannot exterminate the vagina with medicine so.
- Wet the clay a bit more before you start to mould it.
- The car body is moulded in the factory.
- He will mould a child into an excellent basketball player.
- Bread tends to mould in damp weather.
- This is a mould of pudding.
- They melted down the lead and poured it into moulds.
- He is cast in his father's mould.
- This is the houses of the new mould in London.
- He is a man of gentle mould.
- mould spreads quickly and can cover something completely.
- The presses moulded the car bodies.
- They moulded a figure in clay.
- A good teacher helps mould a child's character.
- Can they mould public opinion?
- mould into (v.+prep.)
指导…的发展guide or control the development of sb/sth
mould sth into sth
They learned to mould bronze into statues.
The boy moulded clay into balls.
It is moulded into a basin-like form.
它被做成盆状。mould sb/sth into sth
He will mould a child into an excellent basketball player.
He moulded a talented amateur into a brilliant actor.
- mould to〔round〕 (v.+prep.)
使合体; 相适应be fit for; be suitable to
mould to〔round〕 sth
Her dress moulds to her figure.
The fashion at the time moulded round the upper part of the body.
那时候流行的服装式样是上身要贴身。mould sth to〔round〕 sth
We can mould the dress to your figure.
- mould the present (过去)对现在产生影响
Vast naked Rocks without the least sign of Mould.出自： H. Maundrell
In fresh-turn'd moulds which first beheld the sun.出自： J. Clare
To find the moulds necessary for the construction of a semicircular arch.出自： J. Nicholson
Mildew and mould began to lurk in closets.出自： Dickens
Glistening droplets of fluid such as exude from moulds on decaying matter.出自： Anthony Huxley
There is great art in moulding a question.出自： Addison
Obscure clouds, moulded by the casual air.出自： Shelley
His fingers were soiled with newsprint..as though they were moulded from lead.出自： G. Swift
Sloth moulding some, anxiety consuming others.出自： E. Rainbowe
- mould, fashion, forge, shape
- 1.用于具体物品时, shape常指用刀具切削; mould指用模具铸造或冲压; forge指加热后锤锻; fashion指用手或简单工具把某种物品制成一新物品。
- 2.用于抽象事物时, shape强调后果; mould常指培养塑造人的思想、性格等; forge指花费巨大劳动,克服困难后所达到的成就; fashion也有培养塑造的意思,可与mould, shape互换。
- 3.forge的材料一般是金属; shape, mould, fashion的材料可以是金属,也可以是黏土、塑料等其他材料。
- 4.shape强调制成某种特殊形状; forge, mould和fashion强调制成某种新物品。
- The presses moulded the car bodies.压床压制出汽车模型。
- The figure of a man has been moulded.人像已塑造成了。
- The climate moulds his character.这种气候养就了他的性格。
- A bayonet blade is forged from the finest steel.刺刀刃是用最优质的钢锻造的。
- They forged pieces for a wrought-iron railing.他们将生铁块锻造成熟铁棒。
- The poem is forged in the brain.诗歌是在头脑中酝酿而成的。
- She fashioned a necklace from paper clips.她用曲别针做成项链。
- We can fashion the dress to your figure.我们能把这件衣服做得合你的身。
- He fashioned a talented amateur into a brilliant actor.他将一个有才华的业余艺术爱好者培养成了卓越的演员。
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的modle，意为模子。