- [C] 邮票,印花 a small usually four sided piece of paper sold by post offices in various values for sticking on a letter, parcel, etc. to be posted
- [C] 印,图章 an instrument or tool for pressing or printing onto a surface
- [C] 标志,印记 a mark or pattern made by this
- [C] 跺脚,顿足 an act of stamping, especially with the foot
- vt. & vi. 顿足 put one's foot down with force
- vt. 踏平 flatten by putting (one's foot) down with force
- vt. 印…于…上 print design, lettering, the date, etc. on paper, cloth or other surface
- vt. 标出 mark out
- vt. 铭记 impress
the distinctive form in which a thing is made;
"pottery of this cast was found throughout the region"
a type or class;
"more men of his stamp are needed"
a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving;
"he put his stamp on the envelope"
a small adhesive token stuck on a letter or package to indicate that that postal fees have been paid
something that can be used as an official medium of payment
a small piece of adhesive paper that is put on an object to show that a government tax has been paid
machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
a block or die used to imprint a mark or design
a device incised to make an impression; used to secure a closing or to authenticate documents
"The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
to mark, or produce an imprint in or on something;
"a man whose name is permanently stamped on our maps"
reveal clearly as having a certain character;
"His playing stamps him as a Romantic"
affix a stamp to;
"Are the letters properly stamped?"
treat or classify according to a mental stereotype;
"I was stereotyped as a lazy Southern European"
destroy or extinguish as if by stamping with the foot;
"Stamp fascism into submission"
"stamp out tyranny"
form or cut out with a mold, form, or die;
crush or grind with a heavy instrument;
"stamp fruit extract the juice"
raise in a relief;
- My husband is a stamp collector.
- He is looking for his rubber stamp.
- Please bring a photograph of yourself.We have to affix a stamp on the corner of it.
- His face bears the stamp of suffering.
- Your stamp of impatience won't give me a scare.
- She stamped on the insect and killed it.
- The immigration officer stamped my passport.
- stamp down( v.+adv. )
踩扁 flatten by putting (one's foot) down with force
stamp sb/sth ⇔ down
His horse stamped down some of the enemies.
He put the cardboard boxes in a heap and stamped them down.
- stamp on〔upon〕( v.+prep. )
拒绝… discourage (sth such as an idea) firmly and actively
stamp on〔upon〕 sth
I am sorry I stamped on your foot.
He stamped on the spider.
Please stamp upon that insect for me!
He stamped hard on the ground.
他狠狠地跺了跺地。stamp sth on〔upon〕 sth
This machine stamps the date on the paper.
His name was stamped on the case.
箱子上印有他的名字。stamp on〔upon〕 sth
We told him our idea, but he just stamped on it.
No teacher should stamp upon a child's idea without considering it fairly.
The students' suggestion must be stamped on before it becomes a threat.
- stamp out( v.+adv. )
冲压成型 give shape to sth with a die or cutterThe machine can stamp out hundreds of components in an hour.这台机器每小时可冲压数百件机件。
- stamp with( v.+prep. )
在…上贴邮票 place postage stamps on (an envelope, parcel, etc.)用于 be ～ed 结构
- buy a stamp 买邮票
- cancel a stamp 用邮戳盖销邮票
- collect stamps 集邮
- design a stamp 设计邮票
- display stamps 展览邮票
- exchange stamps 交换邮票
- moisten a stamp 沾湿邮票
- put a stamp on 把邮票贴到…
- sell a stamp 卖邮票
- bear the stamp of 带有…印迹
- give a stamp with one's foot 跺脚
- beautiful stamp 美丽的邮票
- expensive stamp 贵重的邮票,面值大的邮票
- new stamp 新邮票
- nice stamp 好看的邮票
- old stamp 旧邮票
- rare stamp 稀有的邮票,珍贵的邮票
- special stamp 特种邮票
- valuable stamp 宝贵的邮票,很有价值的邮票
- official stamp 官印
- airmail stamp 航空邮票
- food stamp 美国联邦政府发给贫民的粮票
- tax stamp 印花税票
- trading stamp 〈美〉商品中附带的赠券
- rubber stamp 橡皮印章
- a book of stamps 一本邮票
- a roll of stamps 一卷邮票
- a sheet of stamps 一版邮票
- without stamp 未盖戳记的
- with a stamp of impatience 不耐烦地一跺脚
- stamp hard 狠狠地跺脚
- stamp angrily 愤怒地跺脚
- stamp importantly 着重标出
- stamp indelibly 永远铭记
- stamp nervously 紧张地踩
- stamp strongly 明显地标明
- stamp down 踩扁
- stamp out 扑灭
You can see on the back of the canvas the stamp of the Berlin National Gallery.出自： J. Archer
Imagine a boot stamping on a human face.出自： G. Orwell