- vt. 抛; 扔 throw sth (especially with a short movement of the arms)
- vt. 停止; 放弃 stop or give up; leave
informal terms for a meal
the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
a holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill
"chuck the ball"
"Chuck these old notes"
pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth;
"After drinking too much, the students vomited"
"He purged continuously"
"The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
- The product is hand-operated independent chuck,with cylindrical center mount.
- I'm going to chuck out this stuff.
- Don't chuck pieces of paper about.
- I must chuck out all those old magazines.
- It is difficult for people to chuck off old habits.
- The waiter threatened to chuck us out of the restaurant if we got drunk.
- Mary has just chucked her boyfriend.
- That night he decided to chuck his job.
- I feel like chucking the bottle through the windscreen.
- chuck about (v.+adv.)
乱下命令; 滥施权力 give unnecessary orders; try to use one's power over other people
chuck sth ⇔ about
Stop chucking pieces of paper about, you make the street look untidy.
别到处扔纸,你们把大街弄得乱七八糟。chuck sth ⇔ about
If you just chuck your arms and legs about like that, you'll drown—make the proper swimming strokes!
你要是只像那样手脚乱动一气,会淹死的!chuck one's money about
Our new neighbour is always chucking his money about, with his colour television and his new car every year.
我们新来的邻居为了摆阔,漫撒花钱,每年都要买一台新的彩电和一辆新轿车。chuck one's weight about
The youth club leader was dismissed for trying to chuck his weight about, which the young people didn't like it.
- chuck at (v.+prep.)
试图赢得(某人)的爱情 try to win the love of (sb)
chuck sth at sth
The boys were chucking snowballs at passing cars.
那些男孩子冲着汽车扔雪球。chuck oneself at sb
Did you see the shameless way she was chucking herself at him?
- chuck away (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉漫不经心地说 speak (words) carelessly, often lowering the voice
- chuck away on (v.+adv.+prep.)
因嫁娶(某人)而误了或贬损了(自己或某人) waste the worth of (sb or oneself) in a bad relationship such as marriage, with (sb consider unworthy)
- chuck down (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉使(自己)迅速趴在地上 place (oneself) quickly at full length on the ground or floor
chuck sth ⇔ down
Climb to the top of the ladder and chuck the apples down to me.
爬到梯子上端,把苹果摘下来扔给我。chuck sb ⇔ down on sth
When he heard the bomb whistling down,Gaer chucked himself down on the floor with his hands over his head.
- chuck down one's tools (v.+adv.+n.)
- chuck in (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉插(话) add (words), often as an interruption
- chuck in one's cards (v.+adv.+n.)
〈非正〉停止打牌 stop playing cards
- chuck in the hand〔towel〕 (v.+adv.+n.)
〈非正〉认输; 放弃尝试 admit the defeat in a fight; give up any attempt
- chuck it
〈非正〉停止,住手 stop it
- chuck off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉摆脱(不好的东西) get rid of (bad things)
- chuck out (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉打乱; 破坏(某事) spoil (sth)
chuck sth ⇔ out
Climb into the hole in the sand and chuck the ball out, will you?
爬进那个沙洞里,把球扔出来好吗?chuck sth ⇔ out
I really must chuck out all those old newspapers.
We cleaned the cupboard and chucked out years of accumulated rubbish.
我们把碗橱擦洗干净,又把多年积留的废物清除了出去。chuck sb ⇔ out
He was employed to chuck out any troublemakers.
Two members were chucked out for failing to pay the money they owned.
两位成员因未能付所欠的钱被开除出俱乐部。chuck sb ⇔ out of sth
They chucked her out of the college for being a bad influence.
The old lady was chucked out of the house because the owner wanted to pull it down.
They were chucked out of the meeting.
他们被赶出会议。chuck sth ⇔ out
The committee considered your suggestions but chucked them out because they would cost too much.
委员会考虑了你的建议,但没有采纳,因为费用太大。chuck sth ⇔ out
It was unfortunate that you chucked out that remark.
真遗憾,你无意中漏出了那句话。chuck sth ⇔ out
Our plans were chucked out by bad weather.
- chuck together (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉使(两人或两个团体,尤指一男一女)相会,相遇 cause (two people or groups, especially a man and woman) to meet
- chuck under the chin (v.+prep.+n.)
抬某人的下巴 touch sth under the chin, lifting the head with one's finger, usually to show fondness
chuck sb under the chin
Don't chuck me under the chin like that; I'm not a child any more!
- chuck up (v.+adv.)
浪费(某物) waste (sth)
chuck sth ⇔ up
Come to the bottom of the ladder and chuck up the other brush, will you?
He had so much to drink that he chucked up in the car on the way home.
Dan can't come; she's been chucking up all morning.
丹不能来了,她吐了整整一上午。chuck sth ⇔ up
The job was so tedious and tiring that Ebby decided to chuck it up.
那活儿非常枯燥累人,艾比决定不干了。chuck sth ⇔ up
The office block looks as if it's just been chucked up.
这幢办公楼好像是匆匆盖起来的。chuck sth ⇔ up
Never chuck up a chance to improve your French.
- chuck up the sponge (v.+adv.+n.)
〈非正〉认输 admit defeat
- chuck about 到处乱丢,乱摆动,乱花钱,滥用权势
- chuck one's weight about 想以势压人
- chuck away a chance 错过一个机会
- chuck sth down to sb 把某物扔给某人
- chuck down one's tools 罢工
- chuck in 扔进来,停止做某事,搭送,插话,认输
- chuck in a ball 把球扔进来
- chuck in one's hand 认输
- chuck in that remark 插话
- chuck in one's studies 放弃学业
- chuck in a television 搭送一台电视机
- chuck off 甩掉,逃脱,摆脱
- chuck the police off 甩掉警察
- chuck out 驱逐,否决,唐突地说出
- chuck sb out 把某人撵出去
- chuck out a remark 轻率地冒出一句话
- chuck out the suggestions 拒绝采纳这些建议
- chuck together 仓促收拾,仓促拼凑,使…相遇
- chuck a book together 仓促拼凑一本书
- chuck a few things together 仓促收拾几件行李
- chuck up 停止,放弃,仓促拼凑
- chuck up the sponge 认输
- chuck sb out of a room 把某人撵出房间
England now Is but a ball chuck'd between France and Spain.出自： Tennyson
To chuck the army and enter a commercial life.出自： W. Gerhardie
A girl who had chucked them for someone else.出自： P. H. Gibbs
He chucks me free concert tickets he can't use.出自： P. Lively
- chuck的基本意思是“抛,扔”,指随便扔掉某物,引申可作“停止; 放弃”解。
- chuck也可作“撵出; 开除”解,含有强迫的意味,是英国俚语,常与介词out of连用。
- pat 轻拍
- tap 龙头
- throw 扔
- toss 投掷
- grub [动]蛆
- flick 快速的轻打
- fling 投
- pitch 球场
- get rid of 摆脱
- hurl 用力投掷
- quit 停止
- resign 辞职
- block 街区
- chock 楔子
- clamp 夹子
- food 食物
- provender 刍草
- provisions 供应
- wedge 楔子
- regurgitate 反刍
- cast 掷
- throw up 呕吐
- puke <口>呕吐
- upchuck 呕吐
- vomit 吐出
- cat 猫
- ditch 沟渠
- retch 作呕
- spue 吐出
- purge 整肃
- barf 呕吐
- regorge 倒流
- spew 喷出
- chow 食物
- EATS <俚>食物
- honk 汽车喇叭声
- be sick 呕吐
- sick 有病的
- disgorge 吐出
- vomit up 呕吐