- n. 阴影；遮蔽；遮光物；(色彩的)浓淡
- vt. 遮蔽；使阴暗；使渐变；略减（价格）
- vi. 渐变
- 逐渐变化， 在（画上）画阴影
- [U] 阴凉处 place where there is comparative darkness and often coolness caused by sth blocking direct light or heat, especially of the sun
- [U] 阴暗部分 dark part(s) of a picture, painting, etc.
- [C] 遮光物 thing that shuts out light or makes it less bright
- [C] 色度 degree or depth of colour; hue
- [U] 细微差别 a slight difference in sth
- vt. 遮蔽 keep direct rays of light from
- vt. 画阴影于…之上 represent the effect of shade or shadow on (an object in a picture)
- vi. 渐变 change slowly, gradually, or by slight degrees
relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body;
"it is much cooler in the shade"
"there's too much shadiness to take good photographs"
a quality of a given color that differs slightly from another color;
"after several trials he mixed the shade of pink that she wanted"
protective covering that protects something from direct sunlight;
"they used umbrellas as shades"
"as the sun moved he readjusted the shade"
a subtle difference in meaning or opinion or attitude;
"without understanding the finer nuances you can't enjoy the humor"
"don't argue about shades of meaning"
a position of relative inferiority;
"an achievement that puts everything else in the shade"
"his brother's success left him in the shade"
a slight amount or degree of difference;
"a tad too expensive"
"not a tad of difference"
"the new model is a shade better than the old one"
a mental representation of some haunting experience;
"he looked like he had seen a ghost"
"it aroused specters from his past"
a representation of the effect of shadows in a picture or drawing (as by shading or darker pigment)
cast a shadow over
represent the effect of shade or shadow on
protect from light, heat, or view;
"Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
"shade the meaning"
pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree;
"the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
- This artist uses shade to good effect.
- There are no trees or bushes to give shade.
- Something,such as a window shade or a Venetian blind,that hinders vision or shuts out light.
- The portrait shows fine effects of light and shade.
- He tried to shade his house with thick trees.
- He tried to shade in one side of his drawing.
- Is it possible to shade the prices a little?
- The colors of the light shaded from blue into purple.
- The trees give some welcome shade from the sun.
- There are no trees to give shade.
- They were sitting in the shade of a tree.
- Stay in the shade, it's cooler.
- Some villagers were resting themselves in the shade.
- There was no shade to be found in the desert.
- There were some shade trees there.
- A portrait looks lifeless with no light and shade.
- The shades of the windows are not on sale here.
- She bought a large sun shade in the shop.
- The shades of evening had by this time come upon the quiet city.
- These two shades do not agree.
- There is not enough light and shade in your drawing.
- Do you like the blouse in this shade?
- I wanted the same colour in a lighter shade.
- It was painted in various shades of blue.
- She wanted to see threads in all shades of red.
- There are delicate shades of meaning between the two words.
- There is only a shade of difference between the two candidates.
- There are different shades of opinion within the party.
- There were many shades of opinions among the group of people.
- There is only a shade of difference in colour, between these two pieces of silk.
- He visited the underworld and met the shades of many heroes.
- A big hat shades the eyes.
- She was trying to shade the face of the man in the picture.
- A sullen look shaded his face.
- This seat is shaded by a tree.
- a shade
少量,些微 a small amount
- in the shade
默默无闻 unknown to the public
- put in the shade
〈非正〉使某人〔某事物〕相形失色 be very superior to sb/sth
put sb/sth in the shade
Their splendid present really put my poor little contribution in the shade.
- shades of
对某人〔某事物〕的联想 reminders of sb/sth
- shade from (v.+prep.)
从…变化 change gradually from (sth such a colour to sth else)
shade sb/sth from sth
She raised her hand to shade her eyes from the sun.
The house is shaded from the midday heat by those tall trees.
那些大树遮挡了这栋房子,使它不受中午太阳的暴晒。shade from sth
As the sun set, the sky shaded from blue to pink.
The scarf shades from deep rose to pale pink.
- shade in (v.+adv.)
用铅笔为某图形描画阴影线 make lines with a pencil in a shape on a surface
Now that you've drawn the shape completely, start shading in carefully.
你既然已画好图形,就仔细用铅笔描画阴影吧。shade sth ⇔ in
“Shade it in here,”the teacher said.
If you shade in one side of your drawing, the shape will look solid.
- shade into (v.+prep.)
逐渐变为 gradually change
shade into sth
The blue shaded into grey.
This is a question where right and wrong shade into one another.
- shade with (v.+prep.)
用…遮盖 provide sb/sth with shelter from (heat or light by means of sth)
shade sth with sth
The doctor shaded my forehead with his hand.
If we build the house facing south, we ought to shade it with some tall trees.
- choose a shade 选择颜色
- get shade from the sun 不让太阳照射
- make shade 成荫
- produce shade 产生阴凉
- provide shade 提供阴凉处
- seek shade 找阴凉
- throw a shade on 投阴影于…
- draw down the shade 放下窗帘
- manufacture a shade 制造灯罩
- pull down the shade 把遮光帘放下
- raise the shade 拉起窗帘
- afford sb shade 给某人提供阴凉处
- offer sb shade 给某人提供阴凉处
- cast into the shade 使相形见绌,使逊色
- put sth into the shade 使相形见绌,使逊色
- throw sth into the shade 使相形见绌,使逊色
- new shade 新罩
- cool shade 凉爽的阴凉处
- pleasant shade 令人愉快的阴凉处
- dark shade 浓色
- deep shade 浓色
- lighter shade 稍淡些的颜色
- pale shade 淡而柔和的颜色
- various shades 各种色调
- delicate shades 细微差别
- minute shades 细微差别
- beneath shade of a tree 在树阴下
- in the shade 在阴凉处
- desk lamp without a shade 无罩台灯
- without a shade of confidence 没有一点信心
- without a shade of doubt 没有丝毫怀疑
- new shade for the lamp 新灯罩
- shade of the trees 树阴
- shade for colours 色调
- shade of blue 蓝色
- shade of color 色调
- shade of red 红色
- all shades of opinion 各种意见
- shades of the departed 死者的幽灵
- shade appropriately 恰当地遮蔽
- shade completely 全部遮蔽
- shade coolly 冷静地遮蔽
- shade disastrously 灾难性地遮蔽
- shade fundamentally 基本上遮蔽
- shade injuriously 有害地遮蔽
- shade obviously 明显地遮蔽
- shade partially 局部地遮蔽
- shade properly 恰当地遮蔽
- shade rarely 很少遮蔽
- shade superficially 表面上遮蔽
- shade unexpectedly 意外地遮蔽
- shade off into 逐渐变成
They..Toiled in the sun, lolled in the shade.出自： E. Blunden
It was pleasant to come into the shade of the woods.出自： A. Ransome
It was a hundred degrees in the shade.出自： C. Stead
The sun had moved enough to leave..the garden in shade.出自： B. Vine
Great trees now shaded..the road.出自： V. Woolf
An old Panama hat..shaded his eyes.出自： W. Cather
- shade的基本意思是指阳光照不到的“阴凉处”,常跟定冠词the连用; 也可指照片、油画等的“阴影,阴暗部分”,用作不可数名词。
- shade可指能带来阴凉或遮盖较强光线的事物,即“遮光物”,常与其他名词构成复合词; 也可作“色调,色彩的浓淡”解; 作“细微的差别”解,常与介词of连用,用作可数名词。
- shade用在文学语言中,还可作“鬼魂,虚幻的事物”解,用作可数名词; 作“昏暗的暮色”解时,常用复数形式。
- shade的基本意思是“遮蔽”,多指遮蔽光亮、炎热,也可指一物体处在另一物体的某一方位而使后者不显露出来; 还可指画阴影于图画上,以增加图画颜色的深度。
- shade既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时,意为“色调逐渐变化,产生细微差别”,常接介词into。
- shade, shadow
- shade和shadow用作名词都可表示“阴影”,但含义有所不同：shade表示“阴凉处”“树阴”,强调避热作用; 而shadow强调人或物在光照下形成的影像。例如:
- It's hot, let's sit down in the shade of that tree.我觉得热,咱们坐在那棵树的树阴下吧。
- He saw the shadow of a man in the window.他发现窗上有个人影。
- shade, shadow
误 It's cooler in a shade.
正 It's cooler in the shade.
误 We slept under the shade of the trees.
正 We slept in the shade of the trees.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的schade；最初源自晚期古英语的scead，意为隐匿。
- silhouette v.