- 暖和的,温暖的 a little hot
- 热情的,热心的 friendly and kind
- 令人愉快的,亲切的 giving a pleasant feeling of cheerfulness or friendliness
- vt. & vi. (使) 变暖; (使)变热; 被加热; 暖和起来 (cause to) become warm or warmer
- having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat;
"a warm body"
"a warm room"
"a warm climate"
"a warm coat"
- psychologically warm; friendly and responsive;
"a warm greeting"
"a warm personality"
- (color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows;
"warm reds and yellows and orange"
- having or displaying warmth or affection;
"a fond embrace"
"fond of his nephew"
"a tender glance"
"a warm embrace"
- freshly made or left;
"a warm trail"
"the scent is warm"
- easily aroused or excited;
"a quick temper"
"a warm temper"
- characterized by strong enthusiasm;
- characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement;
"a warm debate"
- uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble;
"made things warm for the bookies"
- of a seeker; near to the object sought;
"you're getting warm"
"hot on the trail"
- in a warm manner;
- get warm or warmer;
"The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- make warm or warmer;
"The blanket will warm you"
- It's a nice and warm today.
- Take your coat off. It's warm in the room.
- He was pleased with their warm welcome.
- The weather has warmed up.
- Your feet will soon warm up once you get indoors.
- Come out of the cold street into the warm.
The doctor has forbidden warm coffee to her.
You feed in the money here and the warm coffee comes out there.
She submerged her hands in warm water.
Put your warmest clothes on before you go out in the snow.
A rich, warm, mellow soil is favorable for the growth of cabbage.
This warm weather is exceptional for January here in Beijing.
The warm weather tempted us into going for a swim.
In warm climates human beings mature more rapidly than in cold climates.
It was a warm, quiet, drowsy spring afternoon.
Red, yellow and orange are called warm colours.
Sawing logs is warm work.
They are warm friends.
He has a warm heart.
They received a warm welcome.
Please accept my warmest congratulations.
This statement met with warm reception from people all over the world.
You should follow up your letter with a warm call.
The pillow was still warm.
The room is warm now, but he is still trembling.
You will be warm enough if you move about .
Come and get warm by the fire.
The dispute grew warm.
You are getting warm.
When I go for a walk in cold weather,I like to step out to keep warm.
He stuffed some old newspapers down the legs of the trousers to keep warm in the bitter wind.
The sun shone bright and warm.
I hope the soup will stay warm till they come.
He was warm from running.
They were warm in reception.
They grew warm over a debate.
She is warm with the love of mankind.
John was warm with wine.
Come near the fire and have a warm.
The milk is warming on the stove.
My heart warmed at these words.
Come and warm yourself.
He warmed himself with the potato soup.
The fire soon warmed the room.
The sun warms the earth, which makes it possible for plants to grow.
He warmed his feet before the fire.
He tossed his coat on a chair and warmed his hands at a radiator.
The sight of the happy children warmed his heart.
His words warmed my heart.
用于be ～ed 结构
Their rooms are well warmed.
- warm over (v.+adv.)
使复活,重新使用 revive; reuse warm sth ⇔ over
He's just warming over ideas he's heard from other people.他不过是在重复从别人那儿听到的想法罢了。常用于 be ～ed 结构
His illustrative examples are almost invariably warmed over from other writings.他举的例子几乎全是从别的著作中借用的。
- 使复活,重新使用 revive; reuse warm sth ⇔ over
- warm to (v.+prep.)
使…变热至 cause sb/sth to get warm warm sb/sth to sth
This running warmed me to a certain extent.跑步使我暖和一些了。用于 be ～ed 结构
It should first be warmed to 120℃.先得把它加热到120摄氏度。
对…更加起劲 become more lively or enthusiastic about warm to sb/sth
My heart warms to him.我对他产生了好感。
At first he seemed a little strange, but recently I've been warming to him more.起初,他似乎有点古怪,但最近我比较喜欢他了。
Sensing the interest of the audience, the speaker warmed to his topic.演讲者感觉到听众对他的话题有兴趣,讲得更加起劲了。
As he warmed to his subject, he infected his listeners with his own excitement.他开始兴致勃勃地谈论那个话题时,他激动的情绪感染了听众。
- 使…变热至 cause sb/sth to get warm warm sb/sth to sth
- warm up (v.+adv.)
使热,(使)更热些; 变热,变得更热些 make or become warm or warmer warm up
The room is warming up now, but it was very cold at first.房间现在暖和起来了,但起初这里是很冷的。
The milk has warmed up.牛奶热过了。
This room takes a long time to warm up in the winter.在冬天,提高这个房间的温度要花好长的时间。
How long should the engine warm up before we start?引擎发动前,需要预热多久?
You'll soon warm up when you've walked for a little way,你走一小段路之后很快就会暖和起来。warm sb/sth ⇔ up
If you are feeling cold, have a hot drink to warm you up.如果你觉得冷,就喝些热的东西暖暖身子吧。
Please warm up this milk over the stove.请把这牛奶放在炉子上热一热。
Let me warm up the soup for you, it won't take a minute.我来为你把汤热一下吧,用不了多长时间。
(使)更活跃,(使)更激动,(使)更热烈 make or become more animated, excited or enthusiastic warm up
He warmed up as he expounded his views.他在阐明自己的观点时激动起来了。
They warmed up when I told them the good news.我把好消息告诉他们时,他们很兴奋。warm sb/sth ⇔ up
A little wine would warm you up.喝点儿酒会使你兴奋起来。
Let's warm up this party with a little action!让咱们搞点小活动使这个聚会热闹起来。
(使)在比赛前作准备活动; 作准备性运转 make or become ready for operation or performance by preliminary activity or gradual increase in speed or activity warm up
Please get ready to warm up and take off.准备发动和起飞。
Let's do some exercises to warm up a bit.咱们先做做操热一下身。
All the players spend some minutes warming up before the game.运动员都要在赛前作几分钟的准备活动。
The singers are warming up before the concert.音乐会开始前歌唱家们正在做准备。
Let's sing a few exercises first to warm up.咱们先来唱几支练习曲做做准备吧。
I heard them singing in the next room. They were warming up.我听见他们在隔壁屋里唱,他们已经在做准备了。warm sb/sth ⇔ up
This is a good exercise for warming you up.这是做准备活动的一项很好的练习。
Have you all warmed up your instruments?你们都做好演奏的准备了吗?用于 be ～ed 结构
A pitcher must always throw several practice balls in order to get warmed up before starting a game.比赛开始前,投球手总得先投几球作为准备动作。
修整,刷新 refurbish warm sth ⇔ up
They think that by warming up the old plan, everyone will think it's a new idea.他们以为把原来的方案改头换面,人们就会认为它是个新计划。
- 使热,(使)更热些; 变热,变得更热些 make or become warm or warmer warm up
- warm up to (v.+adv.+prep.)
对…变得较有好感,对…感到较易接受 become friendlier or more receptive to warm up to sth
No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't warm up to that proposal.无论他怎样努力地想热心一些,他对那项计划就是热心不起来。
When he finally warmed up to his subject, his lecture became very interesting.最后他讲得很起劲,他的演讲变得非常吸引人。
- 对…变得较有好感,对…感到较易接受 become friendlier or more receptive to warm up to sth
- too warm 太热(情)
- warm appreciably 明显地暖和起来
- warm dangerously 危险地变热
- warm disastrously 灾难性地变热
- warm habitually 惯常地变热
- warm immediately 立即变热
- warm reasonably 合理地变热
- warm unexpectedly 意外地变热
- warm over 使复活,重新使用
- warm up 使热,使更热些,变热,变得更热些
- warm up to 对…变得较有好感,对…感到较易接受
- warm to 对…更加起劲
A warm hollow in the sandhills where the wind did not come.出自：D. H. Lawrence
The day, although early, was already warm.出自：M. Hocking
She sat close to the window so that the morning sunlight would warm her.出自：G. Vidal
Warming her bottom in front of the fire.出自：M. Keane
- warm的基本意思是“暖和的,温暖的”,指不太高的温度,有“不寒冷”之义; 表示感情时指“热情的,热心的”,有安慰鼓励之义。表示感受时则指“令人愉快的,亲切的”。
- warm用作动词时基本意思是“(使) 变暖”“暖和起来”,引申可表示“(使)变热”“被加热”等。
- warm, hot
这两个词都有“热”“暖”的意思,其差别是:warm指不太高的温度,语气比hot弱,强调“暖”; hot则指很高的温度,强调“热”。例如:The weather is getting warmer and warmer.天气渐渐暖和起来了。
误 The room will be warmed up soon.
正 The room will warm up soon.
析 warm up表示“暖和起来”,是不及物动词短语,应该用于主动语态,而不用于被动语态。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语e的warm；最初源自原始日尔曼语的warmaz，意为使温暖。
- adj.(形容词) cheerful earnest excited friendly happy lively
- v.(动词) animate awaken excite heat mull stir
- warm:warm adj. 暖和的, 暖的, 温暖的, 色情的, 激烈的, 热烈的, 多情的, 兴奋的adv. (常用以构成复合词)暖和地vt. 使温暖, 弄热, 使兴奋, 使热烈vi. 变暖和, 变温暖,…