- [U]光荣,荣誉 high fame and honor won by great achievements
- [U]美丽,壮丽 beauty; splendor
- [C]非常美的事物; 给人荣耀的事,值得称赞的事 sth that is especially beautiful or gives cause for pride
- a state of high honor;
"he valued glory above life itself"
- brilliant radiant beauty;
"the glory of the sunrise"
- an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
- rejoice proudly
- No road of flowers lead to glory.
- His brave deeds in the battle earned him everlasting glory.
- The minister was bathed in glory when she arranged a peaceful settlement.
- The soldier's brave deeds brought him honor and glory.
- The sun set in a blaze of glory.
- After years of neglecting, the palace has been restored to its former glory.
- He gloried in his winning the championship.
Our team didn't exactly cover itself with glory today.
He can hardly be said to have emerged from that episode covered in〔with〕 glory.
After years of neglecting, the palace has been restored to its former glory.
When that bush comes into flower it is the glory of the whole garden.
Being knighted by the Queen was the crowning glory of his long and successful career.
He was a glory to his profession.
- achieve〔win〕 glory 赢得荣誉
- add〔bring〕 glory 增添〔带来〕荣誉
- gain〔receive〕 glory 获得荣誉
- share the glory with sb 与某人分享荣誉
- the glory of… 的荣誉,…的绚丽
You are to live here to the glory of Him that made you.出自：Defoe
If..not covered in warlike glory he was not covered in shame.出自：P. Scott
Cries..which Archie always gloried in provoking.出自：H. Martineau
She gloried in it; she laughed with exultation at the thought of its success.出自：E. F. Benson
- GLORY:Gay and Lesbian Organisation for Racing and Yachting (UK)男女同性恋组织为赛车和帆船(英国)
- GLORY:Giving, Loving, Obeying, and Reaching Youth给予的,有爱心的人,服从,达成的青春
- GLORY:God's Love Openly Reaching Youth神的爱公开达到青年
- glory:glory n. 荣誉, 光荣习惯用语be in one's glory [口]在极得意[开心]时cover oneself with glory 满载荣誉, 取得辉煌胜利Eternal glory…