- vt. 征税 put a tax on; require a person to pay a tax
- vt. 消耗精力; 使劳累 strain; tire
- charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
- levy a tax on;
"The State taxes alcohol heavily"
"Clothing is not taxed in our state"
- set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- use to the limit;
"you are taxing my patience"
- make a charge against or accuse;
"They taxed him failure to appear in court"
- She was fined for tax evasion.
- Her accountant was good at exploiting tax loopholes.
- The care of six children is a tax on her energy.
- He was taxed with neglecting the safety regulations.
- Tobacco and alcoholic drinks are taxed heavily in their country.
- This crossword will really tax your brain.
- All these questions are beginning to tax my patience.
Governments don't tax children.
Why don't we tax the rich more heavily?
The work taxed her strength.
Reading in a poor light taxes the eyes.
Such a long journey would tax my uncle's health.
用于be ～ed 结构
In that country alcoholic drinks are heavily taxed.
After it's been taxed my income is very small.
- tax with (v.+prep.)
指控〔指责〕(某人)干了某事 accuse or censure sb to do sth
They taxed him with a crime. 他们指控他犯罪。
They taxed him with having neglected his work. 他们责备他工作不负责任。
They taxed me with paying little respect to my colleagues. 他们指责我不尊重同事。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Each of the children in turn was taxed with breaking the window. 每个孩子都要逐个受责备,因为他们打坏了窗子。
He was taxed with ingratitude. 他因忘恩负义而受到责备。
使…负责任 give sb a heavy responsibility of sth
The chairman is taxed with the job of finding a suitable person to replace the director in case of sudden illness. 主席被委以一项重任,找一位合适的人在董事长一旦生病时接替他的工作。
- 指控〔指责〕(某人)干了某事 accuse or censure sb to do sth
All of this..will be subject to duties and tax.出自：R. Pilcher
A tax of 0.5 per cent on the net assets.出自：European Investor
Costs on both sides are taxed..by the..officer of the court.出自：W. Blackstone
- tax with可作“指责,责备”解。
- tax用作名词的意思是“税,税款”,引申还可指“沉重的负担,不堪承受的压力”,其后常接介词on〔upon〕。例如:The government has increased the tax upon cars.政府已增加了汽车的税金。
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的taxer，意为征税；最初源自拉丁语的taxre，意为估测。
- TAX:Taxpayers Party纳税人聚会
- TAX:Transfer Accumulator to X (6502 processor instruction)转移到X(6502蓄能器处理器指令)
- TAX:Tree Algebra for XML树的代数为XML
- tax:tax n. 税, 税款, 税金vt. 对...征税, 使负重担, 指控, 责备 英英解释:名词tax:1. charge against a citizen's person or property…