- concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of contractions to the birth of a child;
"she was in labor for six hours"
- use of physical or mental energy; hard work;
"he got an A for effort"
"they managed only with great exertion"
- work hard;
"She was digging away at her math homework"
"Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- Mothers know the travail of giving birth to a child.
- He gained the medal through his painful travail.
Some..took refuge from the travails of modern life.出自：Observer
- travails:travail n. 辛苦 英英解释:名词travail:1. concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of labor to the birth…