- 烟斗， 烟袋
- 用管道输送，传送 ，传输
- 尖声叫嚷，尖声鸣叫， 尖声地说，发出尖音，尖叫
- [C]管子,管道 tube through which liquids or gases can flow
- [C]烟斗,一烟斗的烟丝 narrow tube with a bowl at one end, used for smoking tobacco; amount of tobacco this can hold
- [C]管乐器,音管 wind instrument consisting of a tube with holes that are covered and uncovered by the fingers to make musical notes
- [P]风笛 bagpipe
- [C]水手长吹的哨子 (sound of a) whistle used by a boatswain
- [C]鸟鸣,鸟鸣声 song or note of a bird
- [C]大酒桶的量,大酒桶 (contents of a) cask which can hold about 105 gallons of wine
- vt. 以管输送 convey water, etc. through pipes
- vt. & vi. 用笛子吹奏; 鸣啭,唱 play a tune on a pipe; (a bird) whistle sing
- vt. 传送 transmit sth by wire or cable
- vt. 吹哨子下令(表示欢迎) call or give orders, or welcome onto a ship by blowing a pipe
- vt. 绲边,镶花边 ornament sth with piping
- a tube with a small bowl at one end; used for smoking tobacco
- a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- a hollow cylindrical shape
- a tubular wind instrument
- the flues and stops on a pipe organ
- utter a shrill cry
- transport by pipeline;
"pipe oil, water, and gas into the desert"
- play on a pipe;
"pipe a tune"
- trim with piping;
"pipe the skirt"
- Water is spouting out of the pipe.
- The workers are laying pipes under the road.
- The plumber went down to the cellar to fix the leaky pipe.
- He rammed the tobacco into his pipe.
- The snake rose out of the backet and began to follow the movements of the pipe.
- He would pipe away on his flute all day and night.
- The woman piped her disapproval.
- He would pipe away on his flute all day and night.
- Wind began to pipe around the tall building.
A bar of iron is solid; a pipe is hollow.
The bathroom would look much nicer if the pipes were boxed in.
My pipe has gone out.
He was standing there with a pipe in his mouth.
He smoked a pipe.
He is playing a tune on his pipe.
He piped so that we could dance.
The birds began piping at daybreak.
The people in the village used to pipe water.
They are piping the new house for gas.
Pipe that song again.
The piper will pipe a tune.
Nearly all the shops have piped music.
He piped “Happy Birthday” on the cake.
The admiral was piped aboard.
- pipe dream
幻想,白日梦 unattainable ambition〔desire〕
I would like to buy a villa in Spain when I retire, but with my limited resources it is only a pipe dream. 我退休后想在西班牙买一栋别墅,但就我有限的财力而言,这只是一种空想。
We may wish to provide the blind with artificial eyes that enable them to see—and this is not just a silly, unrealizable pipe dream. 我们说不定能为盲人提供人造眼睛,使他们重见光明——而这已不只是一种天真的、不可实现的幻想。
- 幻想,白日梦 unattainable ambition〔desire〕
- put that in one's pipe and smoke it
不管你喜欢不喜欢,你都得接受 you have to accept that, whether you like it or not
We've got no more money, so you can't spend more.Put that in your pipe and smoke it. 我们再也没有钱了,你也无钱可花了,你仔细考虑考虑吧。
I wouldn't come to your rotten party even if you asked me, so put that in your pipe and smoke it! 即使你请我,我也不会去参加你那讨厌的聚会,你仔细想一想吧!
- 不管你喜欢不喜欢,你都得接受 you have to accept that, whether you like it or not
- pipe away (v.+adv.)
不断地吹奏 play a wind instrument continuously pipe away
They've been piping away all morning.他们整个上午都在吹奏。
用管道排除或输送 remove; carry (sth) away through a pipe pipe sth ⇔ away 用于 be ～ed 结构
The waste water is piped away to a special place.废水通过管道排往特定的地点。
- 不断地吹奏 play a wind instrument continuously pipe away
- pipe down (v.+adv.)
〈口〉安静下来 be quiet pipe down
He shouted at us to pipe down.他大声叫我们静下来。
“Oh, pipe down!”he called.他叫着“闭嘴!”
Pipe down!You are disturbing the neighbours.安静点,你们打扰周围的人了。
Though several people in the audience yelled to him to pipe down,John kept interrupting the speaker every few minutes.尽管一些听众叫喊要约翰肃静,但他照样频频对演讲者打岔。
Would you fellows pipe down?I want to hear what he has to say.你们这些老兄安静下来,好吗?我想听听他要说什么。
- 〈口〉安静下来 be quiet pipe down
- pipe into (v.+prep.)
用管道把…输入 bring sth into a place through pipes pipe sth into sth
They piped oil into storage tanks from ships anchored offshore.他们从近海处抛锚停泊的船只上以管道输送油于贮藏罐内。
- 用管道把…输入 bring sth into a place through pipes pipe sth into sth
- pipe up (v.+adv.)
尖声唱; 吹奏乐曲 begin to sing in a high voice; play a wind instrument pipe up
I love to hear the boys pipe up in church.我爱听男孩们在教堂里歌唱。
Once she piped up to a different air—a kind of country love song.有一次她改唱了一支不同的曲子——一种乡村情歌。pipe sth ⇔ up
Suddenly the band piped up a military tune.忽然,乐队奏起一首军乐。
开始(大声)讲话 begin to speak, especially in a high voice pipe up
Everyone was afraid to talk to the police, but a small child piped up.人人都害怕同警察讲话,但一个小孩子突然大声讲了起来。
Mary is so shy, everyone was surprised when she piped up with a complaint at the club meeting.玛丽很腼腆,她在俱乐部会上说出自己的不满,使大家感到惊讶。
- 尖声唱; 吹奏乐曲 begin to sing in a high voice; play a wind instrument pipe up
- pipe with (v.+prep.)
用…给…绲边; 用…装饰… ornament (sth) with (sth) pipe sth with sth
She piped the skirt with blue silk.她用蓝绸子给裙子绲边。用于 be ～ed 结构
The shoulders of his uniform were piped with signs of his rank.他制服肩上佩有表示军衔的标志。
- 用…给…绲边; 用…装饰… ornament (sth) with (sth) pipe sth with sth
- break pipe 折断管子
- enjoy pipe 喜欢吸烟斗
- fill pipe 装烟斗
- fix pipe 安管子,修理管道
- hit pipe 击中管子
- knock ashes out of pipe 把烟灰磕出来
- lay pipe 铺设管道
- light pipe 点烟
- puff at pipe 抽烟斗
- puff on pipe 抽烟斗
- relay pipe 重新铺设管道
- smoke pipe 吸烟斗
- suck pipe 抽烟斗
- blocked pipe 堵塞的管道
- broken pipe 破管子
- burst pipe 破裂的管道
- full pipe 满满一烟斗
- good pipe 好烟斗
- main pipe 总管道
- metallic pipe 金属管
- seamless pipe 无缝管
- vertical pipe 垂直的管道
- wooden pipe 木制烟斗
- bamboo pipe 竹管
- drain pipe 排水管
- exhaust pipe 排气管
- feed pipe 供给管
- gas pipe 煤气管
- overflow pipe 溢流管
- peace pipe 象征和平的烟斗
- steam pipe 蒸汽管
- steel pipe 钢管
- stove pipe 炉子的烟道
- waste pipe 排放废水〔气〕的管子
- water pipe 水管
- through pipe 通过管子
- pipes of Pan 排箫
He brought a pipe cut out of a reed on which he taught me to play.出自：P. Farmer
The Shepherd..Sits piping to his Flocks.出自：J. Thomson
- pipe用作动词意思是“用管子输送,为…装管子”。引申可作“用笛子吹奏; 鸣啭,唱”“传送”“吹哨子下令(表示欢迎)”“绲边,镶花边”等解。
- pipe后接副词 down表示“住嘴,停止往下谈”; 后接副词up表示“开始吹奏”“开始说”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ppie，意为管乐器。
- PIPE:Private Investment, Public Entity私人投资,公共实体
- PIPE:Partner Interface Process for Energy合伙人对能源的界面过程
- PIPE:Programa de pos Graduacao em Engenharia (Brazil)他们Engenharia Graduacao Programa德pos(巴西)
- pipe:pipe n. 管, 导管, 烟斗, 管乐器, 笛声vt. 以管输送, 吹哨子vi. 吹笛, 尖叫 英英解释:名词pipe:1. a tube with a small bowl at one end…